yea my problem with the MTPG was that the left earpiece went intermittent about a year after i got them. thank goodness for the monster lifetime warranty. unfortunately they're out of stock of the turbine pros right now but i was offered an "upgrade" to the trumpet if they aren't in by the end of the week. do you guys think that is a good decision? i was quite pleased with the MTPG and rather dismayed at their breakage so shortly after purchase, so i'm afraid something similar will happen with the trumpet if i get it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I havent heard the Trumpets yet, but I heard the MTPG/Tributes and currently own the Coppers.
I like the Coppers the most out of the bunch I tested and really enjoy their sound signature. I dont know if this helps since you asked specifically about the Trumpets, but I think the Coppers are still a pretty nice upgrade to the Golds.
BTW: A friend who works for Monster admitted to me that they know themselves that the Trumpets sound somehow "tinny and thin" compared to the Turbine Pro Line. He said that its because of the MicroDrivers who cant produce the full sound of the older Tributes or the Turbine Pros.
Consequently if you prefer form over function the Trumpets should be a decent upgrade IMHO. Function over form however might shift your preference into the other direction.
ah, that is interesting. my thinking basically, is that any of the turbines/trumpet/tribute will probably have a similar cable issue with time. so my decision now is based on which of my options offers the "best" sound. i really liked how the MTPG sounded (particularly the great bass response), and i imagine i would like the copper as well. i wasn't offered a sidegrade/upgrade to the coppers or the Tributes, so as of now the only two i have "available" to me are the MTPG (if they get it in stock) and the Trumpet. meh, so confusing. anyway i've got the week to think about it.
if anybody else has MTPG/Trumpet comparisons that would be most helpful. i didn't read this thread thoroughly but most of the comparisons i saw were to the other ones in the lineup.
Edited by TheAnomaly - 12/13/11 at 2:43pm
If time permits, please let us know how the two compare, to your ears.
These seem like the most audiophile-friendly of Monster's lineup. Not as bassy as their other stuff, great instrument separation, and a large soundstage. Do these come with a shirt clip when you buy them new? I'll have to get one to help out with the microphonics.
Does not come with a shirt clip.
Well I'm using a shirt clip from something else I rarely use and that's helping out. I'm really enjoying the soundstage on these. Not only is it wide but it has really good depth and layering. Better than the TF10s in that regard, for instance. I'm also not finding them to be "thin." It's almost like the Monster house sound meets the high-end Sony sound.
These aren't that hard to wear over-the-ear guys, at least not more than any other IEM that was designed to be worn that way IMO. So that solves the microphonics. Wearing them like that does however put the mic/controls up against my neck. I don't use them so I'm not sure how that would impact those that do.
Truer words were never spoken. Just snapped right off when I pulled it out of my ear. I go very easy on my IEM's btw - I have never had anything like this happen to my other 'phones.
It's a shame too, I really liked the way they sounded... So much for the "rugged strain relief" which supposedly protects the cable and withstands heavy use. The black part of the strain relief is just really thin plastic, and mine cracked in half.
I didn't yank the cable to get the earpiece out. I always tried to grab the gold metal ring at the end of the earpiece when inserting or removing the 'phones, but unless you have microscopic tweezers for fingers, it will be very hard to avoid putting pressure on the black plastic bit.
Will try to call up on the "unheard of limited lifetime guarantee" from Monster and keep you guys posted.
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 Smartphone vs Onkyo DP-X1 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse