yea my problem with the MTPG was that the left earpiece went intermittent about a year after i got them. thank goodness for the monster lifetime warranty. unfortunately they're out of stock of the turbine pros right now but i was offered an "upgrade" to the trumpet if they aren't in by the end of the week. do you guys think that is a good decision? i was quite pleased with the MTPG and rather dismayed at their breakage so shortly after purchase, so i'm afraid something similar will happen with the trumpet if i get it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 22post #316 of 47912/12/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 47912/13/11 at 1:47am
I havent heard the Trumpets yet, but I heard the MTPG/Tributes and currently own the Coppers.
I like the Coppers the most out of the bunch I tested and really enjoy their sound signature. I dont know if this helps since you asked specifically about the Trumpets, but I think the Coppers are still a pretty nice upgrade to the Golds.
BTW: A friend who works for Monster admitted to me that they know themselves that the Trumpets sound somehow "tinny and thin" compared to the Turbine Pro Line. He said that its because of the MicroDrivers who cant produce the full sound of the older Tributes or the Turbine Pros.
Consequently if you prefer form over function the Trumpets should be a decent upgrade IMHO. Function over form however might shift your preference into the other direction.
Cheerspost #318 of 47912/13/11 at 2:35pm
ah, that is interesting. my thinking basically, is that any of the turbines/trumpet/tribute will probably have a similar cable issue with time. so my decision now is based on which of my options offers the "best" sound. i really liked how the MTPG sounded (particularly the great bass response), and i imagine i would like the copper as well. i wasn't offered a sidegrade/upgrade to the coppers or the Tributes, so as of now the only two i have "available" to me are the MTPG (if they get it in stock) and the Trumpet. meh, so confusing. anyway i've got the week to think about it.
if anybody else has MTPG/Trumpet comparisons that would be most helpful. i didn't read this thread thoroughly but most of the comparisons i saw were to the other ones in the lineup.
Edited by TheAnomaly - 12/13/11 at 2:43pmpost #319 of 47912/19/11 at 11:33ampost #320 of 47912/19/11 at 1:11pm
If time permits, please let us know how the two compare, to your ears.post #321 of 47912/28/11 at 9:22pm
These seem like the most audiophile-friendly of Monster's lineup. Not as bassy as their other stuff, great instrument separation, and a large soundstage. Do these come with a shirt clip when you buy them new? I'll have to get one to help out with the microphonics.post #322 of 47912/29/11 at 2:21pmQuote:
Does not come with a shirt clip.post #323 of 47912/30/11 at 12:31ampost #324 of 47912/30/11 at 2:47pmpost #325 of 47912/30/11 at 6:15pmpost #326 of 47912/31/11 at 6:07ampost #327 of 4791/1/12 at 9:42pm
Well I'm using a shirt clip from something else I rarely use and that's helping out. I'm really enjoying the soundstage on these. Not only is it wide but it has really good depth and layering. Better than the TF10s in that regard, for instance. I'm also not finding them to be "thin." It's almost like the Monster house sound meets the high-end Sony sound.post #328 of 4791/7/12 at 3:45pm
These aren't that hard to wear over-the-ear guys, at least not more than any other IEM that was designed to be worn that way IMO. So that solves the microphonics. Wearing them like that does however put the mic/controls up against my neck. I don't use them so I'm not sure how that would impact those that do.post #329 of 4791/20/12 at 11:59pmpost #330 of 4791/26/12 at 11:42pmQuote:
Truer words were never spoken. Just snapped right off when I pulled it out of my ear. I go very easy on my IEM's btw - I have never had anything like this happen to my other 'phones.
It's a shame too, I really liked the way they sounded... So much for the "rugged strain relief" which supposedly protects the cable and withstands heavy use. The black part of the strain relief is just really thin plastic, and mine cracked in half.
I didn't yank the cable to get the earpiece out. I always tried to grab the gold metal ring at the end of the earpiece when inserting or removing the 'phones, but unless you have microscopic tweezers for fingers, it will be very hard to avoid putting pressure on the black plastic bit.
Will try to call up on the "unheard of limited lifetime guarantee" from Monster and keep you guys posted.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Increasing HP sensitivity about 5db, does it make a real diference ? 31 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 50 seconds ago
- › Maestral´s Had-AudioLab from Croatia Europe 59 seconds ago
- › Need help to get started...amp, headphone and portable digital... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 3 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe