yea my problem with the MTPG was that the left earpiece went intermittent about a year after i got them. thank goodness for the monster lifetime warranty. unfortunately they're out of stock of the turbine pros right now but i was offered an "upgrade" to the trumpet if they aren't in by the end of the week. do you guys think that is a good decision? i was quite pleased with the MTPG and rather dismayed at their breakage so shortly after purchase, so i'm afraid something similar will happen with the trumpet if i get it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 22post #316 of 51012/12/11 at 11:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 51012/13/11 at 1:47am
I havent heard the Trumpets yet, but I heard the MTPG/Tributes and currently own the Coppers.
I like the Coppers the most out of the bunch I tested and really enjoy their sound signature. I dont know if this helps since you asked specifically about the Trumpets, but I think the Coppers are still a pretty nice upgrade to the Golds.
BTW: A friend who works for Monster admitted to me that they know themselves that the Trumpets sound somehow "tinny and thin" compared to the Turbine Pro Line. He said that its because of the MicroDrivers who cant produce the full sound of the older Tributes or the Turbine Pros.
Consequently if you prefer form over function the Trumpets should be a decent upgrade IMHO. Function over form however might shift your preference into the other direction.
Cheerspost #318 of 51012/13/11 at 2:35pm
ah, that is interesting. my thinking basically, is that any of the turbines/trumpet/tribute will probably have a similar cable issue with time. so my decision now is based on which of my options offers the "best" sound. i really liked how the MTPG sounded (particularly the great bass response), and i imagine i would like the copper as well. i wasn't offered a sidegrade/upgrade to the coppers or the Tributes, so as of now the only two i have "available" to me are the MTPG (if they get it in stock) and the Trumpet. meh, so confusing. anyway i've got the week to think about it.
if anybody else has MTPG/Trumpet comparisons that would be most helpful. i didn't read this thread thoroughly but most of the comparisons i saw were to the other ones in the lineup.
Edited by TheAnomaly - 12/13/11 at 2:43pmpost #319 of 51012/19/11 at 11:33ampost #320 of 51012/19/11 at 1:11pm
If time permits, please let us know how the two compare, to your ears.post #321 of 51012/28/11 at 9:22pm
These seem like the most audiophile-friendly of Monster's lineup. Not as bassy as their other stuff, great instrument separation, and a large soundstage. Do these come with a shirt clip when you buy them new? I'll have to get one to help out with the microphonics.post #322 of 51012/29/11 at 2:21pmQuote:
Does not come with a shirt clip.post #323 of 51012/30/11 at 12:31ampost #324 of 51012/30/11 at 2:47pmpost #325 of 51012/30/11 at 6:15pmpost #326 of 51012/31/11 at 6:07ampost #327 of 5101/1/12 at 9:42pm
Well I'm using a shirt clip from something else I rarely use and that's helping out. I'm really enjoying the soundstage on these. Not only is it wide but it has really good depth and layering. Better than the TF10s in that regard, for instance. I'm also not finding them to be "thin." It's almost like the Monster house sound meets the high-end Sony sound.post #328 of 5101/7/12 at 3:45pm
These aren't that hard to wear over-the-ear guys, at least not more than any other IEM that was designed to be worn that way IMO. So that solves the microphonics. Wearing them like that does however put the mic/controls up against my neck. I don't use them so I'm not sure how that would impact those that do.post #329 of 5101/20/12 at 11:59pmpost #330 of 5101/26/12 at 11:42pmQuote:
Truer words were never spoken. Just snapped right off when I pulled it out of my ear. I go very easy on my IEM's btw - I have never had anything like this happen to my other 'phones.
It's a shame too, I really liked the way they sounded... So much for the "rugged strain relief" which supposedly protects the cable and withstands heavy use. The black part of the strain relief is just really thin plastic, and mine cracked in half.
I didn't yank the cable to get the earpiece out. I always tried to grab the gold metal ring at the end of the earpiece when inserting or removing the 'phones, but unless you have microscopic tweezers for fingers, it will be very hard to avoid putting pressure on the black plastic bit.
Will try to call up on the "unheard of limited lifetime guarantee" from Monster and keep you guys posted.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 41 seconds ago
- › My DIY headphone tube amps 42 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)