Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 8

post #106 of 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post



 

Ah...but it had the same type of blue felt lining used in Miles trumpet case and was serialized.  wink_face.gif 
 


only the first (insert number in the thousands) were serialized

post #107 of 505

http://www.stereophile.com/content/monsters-miles-davis-trumpet-ear-headphone

 

On each table, guests found a few samples of the Miles Davis Trumpet headphone and a gold iPod Nano, stocked with playlists created by Monster—demo tracks, test signals, pop songs. We took turns listening, and we were all impressed. Michael Fremer, sitting to my immediate left, took a turn and plugged the headphones into his own iPhone, listened to a recording of his own voice, and commented positively: “It sounds like me!” David Chesky, sitting to my immediate right, took a turn and plugged the headphones into his own mobile device and commented positively: “I like them better than my Turbines.”

post #108 of 505

Well, it was Miles' birthday celebration thus full of hype imo, not surprised they'll be better than the Turbines. Still, I would be very interested in trying them out but only once they go under 200$, retail price is ridiculous as usual from Monster. 

post #109 of 505

Bumpity, anyone taken the plunge on these? Contrary to feelings of some others, I think these are an incredibly attractive IEM. I am really hoping they are more like turbines, and less like beats, in terms of quality.

post #110 of 505
Bump
post #111 of 505

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/808848-REG/Yamaha_EPH_100SL_EP_LH_100S_INNER_EAR.html

 

they look quite dangerously like these very very new yamahas

post #112 of 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzc View Post

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/808848-REG/Yamaha_EPH_100SL_EP_LH_100S_INNER_EAR.html

 

they look quite dangerously like these very very new yamahas


Meh. Not really.  All Micro-drivers pretty much look the same.

 

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFXC51B-Micro-Headphones-Black/dp/B003XQNVXQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

 

Apart from the driver sitting in the tip you can basically do whatever you want design wise.  Those are interesting tips though.

 

post #113 of 505

agreed I hope somone reviews em soon

post #114 of 505

Honestly, the only thing I like so far about these headphones is the integration of the "flat style" cord into an IEM that aren't the Beats Tours. I hate Beats. Lol Anyways, one other thing I like is the integration of the driver into the ear itself. Quite an interesting innovation!

 

EDIT: ^ Albeit they're not the first to do so though! haha Upon further research, I am incredibly happy Monster is taking an anti-counterfeit stance with these headphones. The inclusion of the laser etching only viewable with a magnifying glass is ingenious IMO. Let's see the counterfeiters mimic that passably ;)


Edited by AudioPreciation - 8/22/11 at 12:37am
post #115 of 505

On sale $299

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004923LQK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=A3LJ5WMKNRFKQS

post #116 of 505

Originally Posted by AudioPreciation View Post


Honestly, the only thing I like so far about these headphones is the integration of the "flat style" cord into an IEM that aren't the Beats Tours. I hate Beats. Lol Anyways, one other thing I like is the integration of the driver into the ear itself. Quite an interesting innovation!

 

EDIT: ^ Albeit they're not the first to do so though! haha Upon further research, I am incredibly happy Monster is taking an anti-counterfeit stance with these headphones. The inclusion of the laser etching only viewable with a magnifying glass is ingenious IMO. Let's see the counterfeiters mimic that passably ;)

 The integration of the driver into the ear itself isn't an innovation, JVC has been doing this for a while now with their micro-drivers. 

 

@ The new 300$ price. With patience I can easily see these dropping to around 250$ or even less, considering the price drops that occurred on the other Monster models after a few months of release. 

post #117 of 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Originally Posted by AudioPreciation View Post

 The integration of the driver into the ear itself isn't an innovation, JVC has been doing this for a while now with their micro-drivers. 

 

@ The new 300$ price. With patience I can easily see these dropping to around 250$ or even less, considering the price drops that occurred on the other Monster models after a few months of release. 



I was aware that they weren't the first to do so, hence the edit. haha I just thought it was interesting that the earpiece itself likes like the mouthpiece of a trumpet :P ahhh well

 

post #118 of 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

 

@ The new 300$ price. With patience I can easily see these dropping to around 250$ or even less, considering the price drops that occurred on the other Monster models after a few months of release. 


Microdrivers are cheap.  I could see these eventually under $200, perhaps around $150ish and up.  If they sound as good as Stereophile made it seem that would put Monster right back in the mix.  No driver flex, no housing to split.  Could be something here.  I pick mine up from Best Buy tomorrow.  tongue.gif  

 

post #119 of 505

Picked up a set today.  Running them in atm.  A few things.

 

1-They are ported at the back of the trumpet housing.  There is a mesh screen back there.

2-No driver flex unless you cover the port upon insertion.

3-Packaging and appearance are top notch as usual.  The trumpet valves for ipod control are freaking sweet.  EricP would freak out.

4-Easiest fitting Monster IEM I have ever put in.  No fight no fuss.  Straight in.  Most comfy implementation of the Gel Supertips yet.  The tips taper to the rear and the driver tube is straight.  I think this keeps the gel from being pushed to the rear upon insertion like the Turbine interations.

5-They do use different tips to fit the microdiver w/ a larger bore.  Nice for other phones too as that will open up the treble compared to the older Supertips.

6-Best to pull out the phones by grabbing the back of the trumpet and not the cord.  It's tempting to grab the flat cable, DONT DO IT!

7-The level of build detail is above and beyond any Monster IEM to date.  No contest.  Seriously gorgeous design.

8-90 degree plug is one piece over-molded.  It's hefty and wide like a sturdy paddle.  If you break it YOU did something very wrong.  

 

Listening impressions to come later.....

post #120 of 505

Looking forward to your impressions on how they sound.etysmile.gif I was tempted to pick up a pair myself when I saw that my Best Buy had them stock.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones