Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Soul by Ludacris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soul by Ludacris

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

Just announced. Anyone have early production, or hear them yet?

post #2 of 28

No thanks.

post #3 of 28

Nope, and I don't care to.  


Edited by zachfeen - 1/5/11 at 9:49am
post #4 of 28

Every rapper needs a headphone like every NBA baller needs their own shoe.rolleyes.gif

post #5 of 28

Wow, score one for Monster's marketing strategy. Imitation really is the greatest form of flattery, evidently. I'll happily listen to my JustBeats in the meantime. tongue.gif

post #6 of 28

Is this a bad joke? Ludacris and Soul, as if he made any Soul album worth mentioning. Marketing idiocy...

post #7 of 28

I actually came across with one of the prototype, it sounded pretty good.  I had the SL150 which is the cheaper version, i guest for that price, it is much better than monster

post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bistintricomp View Post

I actually came across with one of the prototype, it sounded pretty good.  I had the SL150 which is the cheaper version, i guest for that price, it is much better than monster

For the price aren't all headphones better than beats?
Can't they compete with the big boys? Dennon D2000 for the big ones and HD-25-1 ii and the DT1350 for the little ones?

And ludacris doesn't mean soul as in the style of music but how music speaks to your soul.
post #9 of 28

Can someone PLEASE do a proper review on them? I'm hearing whispers on other audiophile sites that this may be good... great even.

post #10 of 28

Heya,

 

Instead of immediately snubbing them, simply take them for what they are. I can't believe people on here sometimes. No objectivity at all lately.

 

Who cares if a pair of headphones are labeled by an artist?

 

If the headphones are actually good, at all, then they're worth the money to someone.

 

And if you haven't listened to them, you don't have any ground to snub them. Period.

 

Very best,

post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by crinacle View Post

Can someone PLEASE do a proper review on them? I'm hearing whispers on other audiophile sites that this may be good... great even.



Whisper? Rumors? Dark Secrets?  Is it a conspiracy?

post #12 of 28

LOL @ the instant bashing before any reviews or anything out. xD

post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

LOL @ the instant bashing before any reviews or anything out. xD


As far as I'm concerned, a celebrity endorsement on this kind of thing is like an anti-qualification.  Its like when someone who calls themselves "Doctor" and puts a "PhD" after their name turns out to have received that qualification from a diploma mill.

 

It doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong (or can't sound good), put they've already situated themselves so they face an uphill battle for credibility with knowledgeable people in return for gaining credibility with idiots.

post #14 of 28

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickronin View Post

As far as I'm concerned, a celebrity endorsement on this kind of thing is like an anti-qualification.  Its like when someone who calls themselves "Doctor" and puts a "PhD" after their name turns out to have received that qualification from a diploma mill.

 

It doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong (or can't sound good), put they've already situated themselves so they face an uphill battle for credibility with knowledgeable people in return for gaining credibility with idiots.



Aw come on, give them a chance. I understand the doubt for it all, but there's no reviews or impressions of them and people start to bash them up because they're "celebriphones". Frankly, if I was a high-profile rapper trying to make headphones, I'd still put a "By <insert generic tryhard gansta name here>" next to the name. It's business.

 

Who knows? I'm hoping this turns out to be an audiophile-consumer mixmash of sorts, then people will truly start to appreciate audio more. Unless of course, you guys are too hipster for mainstream audiophillia (REAL audiophillia, not Beats audiophillia), then you better start praying.

 

*P.S. take this as small gossip, but some say the SL100 is on par with the HD25.

post #15 of 28

Musicians can endorse stuff without making money off them, and perhaps not even free samples. Think Shannon Elizabeth with HiFiMan, or Jay Leno with the McLaren-Mercedes. At best (or worst) we can assume they might be getting more attention for after sales support.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Soul by Ludacris