New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure535 and WEstone 3

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I have the shure535 for a few days now and maybe it's me but the soundstage for Pop and rock doesn't seem as impressive as Jazz/classical stuff. I've heard that the westone have a better soundstage for pop/rock. I'm wondering if this is true? I don't want a lot of bass as I'm not a bass head. The other thing is I've heard that the Westone 3 uses foam tips and I never was comfortable with foam as it always gave me to much pressure. I like the way the shure535 sounds just wish the sound stage was bigger, anything that have as good sound qaulity as the 535's but with a great sound stage?

 

post #2 of 8

Why double post? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/531538/shure-535-or-westone-3-for-pop-rock-hip-hop-country-some-dance-music#post_7169063 is still active. 

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfuse View Post

I have the shure535 for a few days now and maybe it's me but the soundstage for Pop and rock doesn't seem as impressive as Jazz/classical stuff. I've heard that the westone have a better soundstage for pop/rock. I'm wondering if this is true? I don't want a lot of bass as I'm not a bass head. The other thing is I've heard that the Westone 3 uses foam tips and I never was comfortable with foam as it always gave me to much pressure. I like the way the shure535 sounds just wish the sound stage was bigger, anything that have as good sound qaulity as the 535's but with a great sound stage?

 



Hello Confuse. I have the Westones 3 and the Shure 530 and 535. The Westones 3 are good but no better or worse than the 535's. Westones are a bit more comfy and easier to put in due to the 535's stong cables. The Westones 3 I had for eight months and I use them weekly cause in Hong Kong I have a lot of walking and train riding. The Westones cables are falling apart at the ear pieces and on the part that connects to my Cowon. This is why I just went out and bought the 535's. I like the Ultimate ears and the Atrios But you might not like the Atrios cause it has excellent bass and great for bassheads but the Ultimate ears might be wonders for you if you want to experimant but the 535 are a very good earphones.

post #4 of 8

interested in trading the 535s for westone 3's? i still have a receipt


Edited by mountfranklin - 9/1/11 at 5:48am
post #5 of 8

Both are nice for the price. The 535 has cleared mids and vocals while the W3 are more fun and has a stronger bass kick to them. Both are very comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountfranklin View Post

interested in trading the 535s for westone 3's? i still have a receipt

 

 

post #6 of 8

you should look into some aftermarket cables. the baldur mk2 cable for the se535 is really great. i have personally found that cables on the se535 have the ability to widen the sound stage.

 

also you may need a bit longer to get used to the sound of the se535, when i first got my 535 my opinions changed after about a week of listening to them, things i initially thought about the 535 changed for the better after getting used to the iem.

 

imo the westone 3 is going to sound more veiled going from the 535 to the 3 or 4 for that matter.

post #7 of 8

Yep the after market cables that most cost more then the earphone itself does help cause I heard them from a guy on this site. Iprovement yes but to a certain degree much easier if you want to spend more on the earphone then the cable to go with a true custom earphone and then for the hell of it buy expensive cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

you should look into some aftermarket cables. the baldur mk2 cable for the se535 is really great. i have personally found that cables on the se535 have the ability to widen the sound stage.

 

also you may need a bit longer to get used to the sound of the se535, when i first got my 535 my opinions changed after about a week of listening to them, things i initially thought about the 535 changed for the better after getting used to the iem.

 

imo the westone 3 is going to sound more veiled going from the 535 to the 3 or 4 for that matter.

 

 

post #8 of 8

Westone 3's soundstage is no wider than the SE535s. Perhaps you can try the Westone 4s. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: