Wow. I tried them both at local audio store (side by side) and D5k were the run away winner by my ears. Amp may not have been up to driving 650's, not sure. The Denons were clearly more comfortable on my large head.
Related Forum Threads
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones, ~£300 budget Last post on 1/16/12 at 2:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
d5000 and hd650 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/11 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/30/11 at 2:16am
Comfort is a non-issue with the 650 as they change considerably over the first few weeks. As for sound quality, I at least would like to hear why the D5000 was a "runaway winner."post #18 of 181/30/11 at 3:56pm
Several criteria play into that assesment. The biggest one: From the amp that was driving all the phones, The Denons had a the clearest, fullest and most deeply joyful sound I've ever heard.
This was aginst some other Denons, some Grados and the one Sennheiser.
It is possible that the amp might not been up to whatever it needed to be to make the Senn's sound right.
Mostly I was comparinig at similar volumes though I could adjust it up and down however I liked. But from what I heard, the 650's were flat and distant in comparison.
I liked the D5K's better than the D7K's. So maybe it's just something with the sound I like. Also, I could not say how long anything was burned in for.
So nothing real technical for me, just a clear sound preferance.
Edited by DaveLinx - 1/30/11 at 4:00pm
- d5000 and hd650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 52 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 and Schiit Asgard 2 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 2 minutes ago
- › Buying advice. Open, no amp, listen to music of all sorts... 3 minutes ago
- › FT/FS - Schiit Gungnir [230V] 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3