Wow. I tried them both at local audio store (side by side) and D5k were the run away winner by my ears. Amp may not have been up to driving 650's, not sure. The Denons were clearly more comfortable on my large head.
Related Forum Threads
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones, ~£300 budget Last post on 1/16/12 at 2:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog: A reference class Dog Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Alpha Dogs ($499USD, discontinued) with my own money after doing my own research and thus this is my...
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
d5000 and hd650 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/11 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/30/11 at 2:16am
Comfort is a non-issue with the 650 as they change considerably over the first few weeks. As for sound quality, I at least would like to hear why the D5000 was a "runaway winner."post #18 of 181/30/11 at 3:56pm
Several criteria play into that assesment. The biggest one: From the amp that was driving all the phones, The Denons had a the clearest, fullest and most deeply joyful sound I've ever heard.
This was aginst some other Denons, some Grados and the one Sennheiser.
It is possible that the amp might not been up to whatever it needed to be to make the Senn's sound right.
Mostly I was comparinig at similar volumes though I could adjust it up and down however I liked. But from what I heard, the 650's were flat and distant in comparison.
I liked the D5K's better than the D7K's. So maybe it's just something with the sound I like. Also, I could not say how long anything was burned in for.
So nothing real technical for me, just a clear sound preferance.
Edited by DaveLinx - 1/30/11 at 4:00pm
- d5000 and hd650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 second ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 seconds ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 23 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 36 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 2 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro better than fiio x5ii ? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse