Wow. I tried them both at local audio store (side by side) and D5k were the run away winner by my ears. Amp may not have been up to driving 650's, not sure. The Denons were clearly more comfortable on my large head.
Related Forum Threads
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones, ~£300 budget Last post on 1/16/12 at 2:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
d5000 and hd650 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/11 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/30/11 at 2:16am
Comfort is a non-issue with the 650 as they change considerably over the first few weeks. As for sound quality, I at least would like to hear why the D5000 was a "runaway winner."post #18 of 181/30/11 at 3:56pm
Several criteria play into that assesment. The biggest one: From the amp that was driving all the phones, The Denons had a the clearest, fullest and most deeply joyful sound I've ever heard.
This was aginst some other Denons, some Grados and the one Sennheiser.
It is possible that the amp might not been up to whatever it needed to be to make the Senn's sound right.
Mostly I was comparinig at similar volumes though I could adjust it up and down however I liked. But from what I heard, the 650's were flat and distant in comparison.
I liked the D5K's better than the D7K's. So maybe it's just something with the sound I like. Also, I could not say how long anything was burned in for.
So nothing real technical for me, just a clear sound preferance.
Edited by DaveLinx - 1/30/11 at 4:00pm
- d5000 and hd650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Good DAC to pair with Valhalla2 17 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 22 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Secret Meet - Planning and Discussions 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2