Just built two Grubdacs and neither one is functioning correctly. To make matters worse, I accidently tore out the "relief pins" with a scratch awl (after trying solder wick) thinking they were bridges. Eek!
Both DACs have larger than normal Wima Capacitors and neither currently have the USB braid grounded.
Both measure 3.3v at the test point.
1. Will the larger than normal Wimas negatively effect performance?
2. Could the lack of USB braid ground be causing some of the problems?
3. Is there an easy enough way (such as bridging pins or running jumper wires) to repair the "relief pins"?
1. Does make music some of the time. Sometimes registers when I plug it in and sometimes not. Will intermittently unplug and re-plug itself in.
2. LED is not lighting. Measures 5v on leads. Bad LED?
3, Drilled out the output connections because my RCA wires (for a cable DAC) were too large. I can connect the positve leads to the right and left capacitors but where should I connect the grounds?
1. LED does light but it does not make music. When I connect it I get the message "USB device not recognized" and "Malfunctioning Device - Windows does not recognize it."
Any help is much appreciated!