I have had my westone UM2s for like 4 or 5 months now, and man these babies are so durable! especially the cord! so many times i've snagged it on my bike for the door or the fridge and they keep on keeping on! but at long last there is now finally a problem. I was just washing my ears out with hydrogen peroxide cause i noticed my shure triflanges being very dirty when i pulled them out my ear (and when i inserted them they were clean) and what i think MIGHT have happened is that when i tipped my head over the sink to dump out the peroxide i think my earphones might have been hanging off my shirt and some of the peroxide dripped into the piece and messed something up. But I do not know. I just really want my earphones back to equal volume. If you guys might know whats wrong with it please do tell me and if not can you please tell me where I can mail them to get fixed and how much it will cost and how i might contact westone? BTW I have no warranty I ordered them off ebay from a guy in canada.
Related Forum Threads
- BEST solution for airplane (JH13Pro custom vs FitEar universal), money is no object but sound... Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Desiccate them. If you're lucky, the filters were only lightly moistened with peroxide. If you're unlucky, some of your earwax-peroxide concoction congealed somewhere deep within the bore, and needs some intensive cleaning with a long cleaning loop of some manufacture.
This happened to my JH13s occasionally in during my nascent experiences of cleaning them with peroxide. I would just have to let them dry and they'd be fine.
Also happened to my ADDIEMs once. I was kind of miffed they dried since I missed a free replacement from Apple.
if that doesn't work, contact westone, i kno u said u don't have warranty, but many ppl have said their service is great and they could work something out for you given u ask in a nice way ( i think i read somwhere they charge around 40 for filter change )
That will be a very very bad idea.
It is most likely that some moisture get onto the filter. Let it dry for a few day and the sound will come back.
- HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 43 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 45 seconds ago
- › How come the JVC HA-S500 sounds like crap to me when it sounds like... 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › best over ear headphones for all genres (mostly jpop & jrock) under... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Sol Republic Tracks HD... Help? What am I... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)