I have had my westone UM2s for like 4 or 5 months now, and man these babies are so durable! especially the cord! so many times i've snagged it on my bike for the door or the fridge and they keep on keeping on! but at long last there is now finally a problem. I was just washing my ears out with hydrogen peroxide cause i noticed my shure triflanges being very dirty when i pulled them out my ear (and when i inserted them they were clean) and what i think MIGHT have happened is that when i tipped my head over the sink to dump out the peroxide i think my earphones might have been hanging off my shirt and some of the peroxide dripped into the piece and messed something up. But I do not know. I just really want my earphones back to equal volume. If you guys might know whats wrong with it please do tell me and if not can you please tell me where I can mail them to get fixed and how much it will cost and how i might contact westone? BTW I have no warranty I ordered them off ebay from a guy in canada.
Related Forum Threads
- BEST solution for airplane (JH13Pro custom vs FitEar universal), money is no object but sound... Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Desiccate them. If you're lucky, the filters were only lightly moistened with peroxide. If you're unlucky, some of your earwax-peroxide concoction congealed somewhere deep within the bore, and needs some intensive cleaning with a long cleaning loop of some manufacture.
This happened to my JH13s occasionally in during my nascent experiences of cleaning them with peroxide. I would just have to let them dry and they'd be fine.
Also happened to my ADDIEMs once. I was kind of miffed they dried since I missed a free replacement from Apple.
if that doesn't work, contact westone, i kno u said u don't have warranty, but many ppl have said their service is great and they could work something out for you given u ask in a nice way ( i think i read somwhere they charge around 40 for filter change )
That will be a very very bad idea.
It is most likely that some moisture get onto the filter. Let it dry for a few day and the sound will come back.
- HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 really the best headphone all over... 16 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)