I have had my westone UM2s for like 4 or 5 months now, and man these babies are so durable! especially the cord! so many times i've snagged it on my bike for the door or the fridge and they keep on keeping on! but at long last there is now finally a problem. I was just washing my ears out with hydrogen peroxide cause i noticed my shure triflanges being very dirty when i pulled them out my ear (and when i inserted them they were clean) and what i think MIGHT have happened is that when i tipped my head over the sink to dump out the peroxide i think my earphones might have been hanging off my shirt and some of the peroxide dripped into the piece and messed something up. But I do not know. I just really want my earphones back to equal volume. If you guys might know whats wrong with it please do tell me and if not can you please tell me where I can mail them to get fixed and how much it will cost and how i might contact westone? BTW I have no warranty I ordered them off ebay from a guy in canada.
Related Forum Threads
- BEST solution for airplane (JH13Pro custom vs FitEar universal), money is no object but sound... Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Desiccate them. If you're lucky, the filters were only lightly moistened with peroxide. If you're unlucky, some of your earwax-peroxide concoction congealed somewhere deep within the bore, and needs some intensive cleaning with a long cleaning loop of some manufacture.
This happened to my JH13s occasionally in during my nascent experiences of cleaning them with peroxide. I would just have to let them dry and they'd be fine.
Also happened to my ADDIEMs once. I was kind of miffed they dried since I missed a free replacement from Apple.
if that doesn't work, contact westone, i kno u said u don't have warranty, but many ppl have said their service is great and they could work something out for you given u ask in a nice way ( i think i read somwhere they charge around 40 for filter change )
That will be a very very bad idea.
It is most likely that some moisture get onto the filter. Let it dry for a few day and the sound will come back.
- HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Streaming Service 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi or ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Denon DA-300 USB Dac and B&W P7's 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)