I have had my westone UM2s for like 4 or 5 months now, and man these babies are so durable! especially the cord! so many times i've snagged it on my bike for the door or the fridge and they keep on keeping on! but at long last there is now finally a problem. I was just washing my ears out with hydrogen peroxide cause i noticed my shure triflanges being very dirty when i pulled them out my ear (and when i inserted them they were clean) and what i think MIGHT have happened is that when i tipped my head over the sink to dump out the peroxide i think my earphones might have been hanging off my shirt and some of the peroxide dripped into the piece and messed something up. But I do not know. I just really want my earphones back to equal volume. If you guys might know whats wrong with it please do tell me and if not can you please tell me where I can mail them to get fixed and how much it will cost and how i might contact westone? BTW I have no warranty I ordered them off ebay from a guy in canada.
Related Forum Threads
- BEST solution for airplane (JH13Pro custom vs FitEar universal), money is no object but sound... Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations on Custom in-ear Monitors to pair Ipod Classic ( Westone ES5, ES3X, JH13, EM?) Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- ~Photos by me~ The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre...
HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Desiccate them. If you're lucky, the filters were only lightly moistened with peroxide. If you're unlucky, some of your earwax-peroxide concoction congealed somewhere deep within the bore, and needs some intensive cleaning with a long cleaning loop of some manufacture.
This happened to my JH13s occasionally in during my nascent experiences of cleaning them with peroxide. I would just have to let them dry and they'd be fine.
Also happened to my ADDIEMs once. I was kind of miffed they dried since I missed a free replacement from Apple.
if that doesn't work, contact westone, i kno u said u don't have warranty, but many ppl have said their service is great and they could work something out for you given u ask in a nice way ( i think i read somwhere they charge around 40 for filter change )
That will be a very very bad idea.
It is most likely that some moisture get onto the filter. Let it dry for a few day and the sound will come back.
- HELP!! My baby!!@!!! dramatically reduced volume in one ear on UM2, NO WARRANTY
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 12 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 45 seconds ago
- › Bass Heavy + all around freq. Studio Monitor Headphones?? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Gustard H10- 5 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2