Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Just bought some refurbished monster turbines, do they come with everything?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just bought some refurbished monster turbines, do they come with everything?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

I was wondering if it was just one eartip and a pouch or if it came with the different sizes and the hard carry case like they do when bought new.


Edited by sbaker34 - 12/31/10 at 5:11pm
post #2 of 20

I just bought some too, for 40 bucks its a steal.  I think I read that it came with multiple tips and the hard case.

post #3 of 20

If it's  Reclaimation from Amazon sellers tthen it should be the entire  package but if it's a return from a consumer you might not be so lucky. A good portion of those are new from what I've read.

post #4 of 20

My $40 refurbs came with the pouch. No hard case nor extra tips.

post #5 of 20

what about packaging? hows the built? is it a straight or L angle plug?

post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

what about packaging? hows the built? is it a straight or L angle plug?


Packaging? A relatively large box filled with air-filled plastic (not bubble wrap) and then a small plastic bag labeled "factory refurbished".

 

Build seems ok, but we'll find out.

 

...straight plug.

post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzyx View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

what about packaging? hows the built? is it a straight or L angle plug?


Packaging? A relatively large box filled with air-filled plastic (not bubble wrap) and then a small plastic bag labeled "factory refurbished".

 

Build seems ok, but we'll find out.

 

...straight plug.

 

 

How long did shipping take?
 

post #8 of 20

They arrived two, possibly three, days after I ordered. No complaints.

post #9 of 20

I had my refurbished Monster Turbines for a total of 2 days before one of the ear buds separated and a wire broke. Wore them for about a total of 5 hours on a flight. They came with one set of ear buds and a leather pouch. I called Monster when I returned from my trip and returned them for an exchange. I haven't received the exchange as of yet, but I sure hope the first pair was just a poor quality control job.

 

On the bright side, I was at the CES and stopped by the Monster booth. I told one of the guys working the booth that mine only came with one set of ear buds and that I thought they might be too big. He gave me a complete set of gels and a complete set of foams. These are the SuperTips. They seem nice, I hope my replacement Turbines last more than a few hours.

post #10 of 20

Here's my experience with buying refurbished Turbines from the Monster Outlet Store:

 

I ordered them on the 14th of February and they shipped two days later on the 16th. They arrived on Monday the 21st. The packaging was pretty good. The Turbines themselves were in a ziploc-style bag, and they came with a leather pouch but no other pairs of eartips. The box they came in was relatively big in size -- 12" long, 8" wide, 5" tall, something like that -- and there was a lot of bagged air padding the interior.

 

Now the important part: The headphones themselves. This is where Monster failed... first off, the eartips they came with were huge and couldn't fit in my ear. One of the tips even had a rip in it! I had to switch them off with the marshmallow eartips from my HA-FX35, and then I heard it: The sound on the right side had a much lower volume than the left side. So much for quality control at Monster's refurbishing centers rolleyes.gif

 

I ended up shipping them back to Monster today for a refund. I had to call customer service last Friday morning and it was a 30+ minute wait until I could talk to someone. When I finally did, the process went very smoothly and within another 20 minutes they had my RMA all set up. The person who helped me said that this was his first time going through the RMA process -- they were having tons of calls coming in that morning so even the accounting department was taking calls, so that's why it took 20 minutes. Anyway, I was told it'd take at least 3 days from the time they receive the Turbines to me getting my money back, though it sometimes (but rarely) takes as long as 30 days.

 

I was considering getting them replaced, but I found someone who's selling them for $85 on Amazon. And yes, they're legit: I contacted the seller and asked him to take pictures of every side of the box. It even has the new L-shaped connector biggrin.gif But first, I need to get my money back, both from the refurbished Turbines... and... the counterfeit ones I bought... from an Amazon merchant... but that's another story for another time.

post #11 of 20

Hmm I would've opted for a replacement. The Turbines they replace them with are a new batch with better build. The refurbished turbines are poor in build it seems but what makes it worth it is the replacement you can get which results in a new batch. 

post #12 of 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBringDaLULZ View Post

Here's my experience with buying refurbished Turbines from the Monster Outlet Store:

 

I ordered them on the 14th of February and they shipped two days later on the 16th. They arrived on Monday the 21st. The packaging was pretty good. The Turbines themselves were in a ziploc-style bag, and they came with a leather pouch but no other pairs of eartips. The box they came in was relatively big in size -- 12" long, 8" wide, 5" tall, something like that -- and there was a lot of bagged air padding the interior.

 

Now the important part: The headphones themselves. This is where Monster failed... first off, the eartips they came with were huge and couldn't fit in my ear. One of the tips even had a rip in it! I had to switch them off with the marshmallow eartips from my HA-FX35, and then I heard it: The sound on the right side had a much lower volume than the left side. So much for quality control at Monster's refurbishing centers rolleyes.gif

 

I ended up shipping them back to Monster today for a refund. I had to call customer service last Friday morning and it was a 30+ minute wait until I could talk to someone. When I finally did, the process went very smoothly and within another 20 minutes they had my RMA all set up. The person who helped me said that this was his first time going through the RMA process -- they were having tons of calls coming in that morning so even the accounting department was taking calls, so that's why it took 20 minutes. Anyway, I was told it'd take at least 3 days from the time they receive the Turbines to me getting my money back, though it sometimes (but rarely) takes as long as 30 days.

 

I was considering getting them replaced, but I found someone who's selling them for $85 on Amazon. And yes, they're legit: I contacted the seller and asked him to take pictures of every side of the box. It even has the new L-shaped connector biggrin.gif But first, I need to get my money back, both from the refurbished Turbines... and... the counterfeit ones I bought... from an Amazon merchant... but that's another story for another time.


These Turbines on Amazon are $73.99, brand new, direct from Amazon.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-High-Performance-In-Ear-Speakers/dp/B001LNO722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298950496&sr=8-1

 

And btw...even if the box has the L connector on it, it doesn't mean the headphones inside do.  I recently bought some from best buy, brand new/sealed, and they still had the straight plug.  It has happened to quite a few people on HiFi...apparently they just switched out the box art to prevent counterfeits and the older straight connector hardware hasn't been exhausted yet so they are throwing them in the new box.  Kind of pisses me off really...false advertising.

 

post #13 of 20

^^^ yeah those Turbines with the wrong boxes are the ones from the Amazon sale. 

post #14 of 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

^^^ yeah those Turbines with the wrong boxes are the ones from the Amazon sale. 


Except I got mine w/ the wrong box from Best Buy and the ones I linked just went on sale today...they were $129 previously (last week).

 

post #15 of 20

Woah, at least you can easily get your money back granted you have the receipt. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Just bought some refurbished monster turbines, do they come with everything?