Just signed up,new here. Wanted to get some info. I need to replace my earphones for my iPhone 4. I am looking for comfort as well and best sound quality. Controls and also mic for incoming calls would be nice too. What are some of the top of the line earphones out there right now that would work with my iPhone 4? Thanks for the help.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
top of the line phones will be quite expensive and are not going to have controls for calls they will be dedicated just for music, try taking a look at the nuforce NE 700M this model has controls and sounds fairly good from what I've researched and wont brake your pocket book, good luck searching let me now if you fined anything awesome
I have $700 right now to spend. I want this to be the last set of earphones that I do buy. Thanks for the help. Do the Westone 3's have the mic and controls for the iPhone,or is that something that I need to buy separate?
They don't have mic or ipod controls. No high end earphone is going to have them.
What brand are the Stage 4? Could you please point me to their website? Thanks!
My Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB's sound glorious with my iPhone 4. In my humble opinion they are possibly the best earphones you can buy for $700. For your reference, I have compared them to the following: Shure SE 535, Westone 3, Senn IE8, Etymotic ER-4P, Stax SR-001, Ortofon eq-7, JVC FX-700. But please do thoroughly read the reviews on this forum before taking the plunge. Note that they do not isolate well so they are best suited for listening in quiet environments. Not everyone who owns them on this forum rates them as highly as I do - some can't seem to get good bass out of them without heavy equilazation. However in my case I run them from my iPhone 4 without any eq and the bass is deep and taut. I find their transparency and level of detail, and more importantly, their sheer musicality unmatched by any of the other above-mentioned earphones. And no, they do not come with a mic.
Otherwise if you wait, the Jays X-jays will eventually be released and may trump these options. Jays will very likely have a iPhone cable option as well given their current line up and their consumer focus.
I mainly use B&O A8 with my IP4. There is a version with mic. control.
Other ones I use are IE7 and TF10. The IE8 l has an iPhone edition which includes control and mic, as well as the TF10.
These three are top of the line for their respective categories, earbuds, universal dynamic IEMs, and universal BA IEMs.
And lastly, no single pair of earphones that money can buy is going to satisfy all musical needs.
- New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LNMP Finishing touches - wiring the battery pack and enclosing 22 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 56 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › WTB: iFi Micro iPhono MM/MC Phono Preamp - SoCal 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Newbie 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM tips? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2