Just signed up,new here. Wanted to get some info. I need to replace my earphones for my iPhone 4. I am looking for comfort as well and best sound quality. Controls and also mic for incoming calls would be nice too. What are some of the top of the line earphones out there right now that would work with my iPhone 4? Thanks for the help.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
top of the line phones will be quite expensive and are not going to have controls for calls they will be dedicated just for music, try taking a look at the nuforce NE 700M this model has controls and sounds fairly good from what I've researched and wont brake your pocket book, good luck searching let me now if you fined anything awesome
I have $700 right now to spend. I want this to be the last set of earphones that I do buy. Thanks for the help. Do the Westone 3's have the mic and controls for the iPhone,or is that something that I need to buy separate?
They don't have mic or ipod controls. No high end earphone is going to have them.
What brand are the Stage 4? Could you please point me to their website? Thanks!
My Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB's sound glorious with my iPhone 4. In my humble opinion they are possibly the best earphones you can buy for $700. For your reference, I have compared them to the following: Shure SE 535, Westone 3, Senn IE8, Etymotic ER-4P, Stax SR-001, Ortofon eq-7, JVC FX-700. But please do thoroughly read the reviews on this forum before taking the plunge. Note that they do not isolate well so they are best suited for listening in quiet environments. Not everyone who owns them on this forum rates them as highly as I do - some can't seem to get good bass out of them without heavy equilazation. However in my case I run them from my iPhone 4 without any eq and the bass is deep and taut. I find their transparency and level of detail, and more importantly, their sheer musicality unmatched by any of the other above-mentioned earphones. And no, they do not come with a mic.
Otherwise if you wait, the Jays X-jays will eventually be released and may trump these options. Jays will very likely have a iPhone cable option as well given their current line up and their consumer focus.
I mainly use B&O A8 with my IP4. There is a version with mic. control.
Other ones I use are IE7 and TF10. The IE8 l has an iPhone edition which includes control and mic, as well as the TF10.
These three are top of the line for their respective categories, earbuds, universal dynamic IEMs, and universal BA IEMs.
And lastly, no single pair of earphones that money can buy is going to satisfy all musical needs.
- New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 17 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 vs iPod 7th Gen + FiiO E11 Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cable Silver Widow - JH/Westone 2 pin & Oyaide Right-angle... 5 minutes ago
- › Pristine Condition Sennheiser HD 800 for Sale! 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3