Just signed up,new here. Wanted to get some info. I need to replace my earphones for my iPhone 4. I am looking for comfort as well and best sound quality. Controls and also mic for incoming calls would be nice too. What are some of the top of the line earphones out there right now that would work with my iPhone 4? Thanks for the help.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
top of the line phones will be quite expensive and are not going to have controls for calls they will be dedicated just for music, try taking a look at the nuforce NE 700M this model has controls and sounds fairly good from what I've researched and wont brake your pocket book, good luck searching let me now if you fined anything awesome
I have $700 right now to spend. I want this to be the last set of earphones that I do buy. Thanks for the help. Do the Westone 3's have the mic and controls for the iPhone,or is that something that I need to buy separate?
They don't have mic or ipod controls. No high end earphone is going to have them.
What brand are the Stage 4? Could you please point me to their website? Thanks!
My Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB's sound glorious with my iPhone 4. In my humble opinion they are possibly the best earphones you can buy for $700. For your reference, I have compared them to the following: Shure SE 535, Westone 3, Senn IE8, Etymotic ER-4P, Stax SR-001, Ortofon eq-7, JVC FX-700. But please do thoroughly read the reviews on this forum before taking the plunge. Note that they do not isolate well so they are best suited for listening in quiet environments. Not everyone who owns them on this forum rates them as highly as I do - some can't seem to get good bass out of them without heavy equilazation. However in my case I run them from my iPhone 4 without any eq and the bass is deep and taut. I find their transparency and level of detail, and more importantly, their sheer musicality unmatched by any of the other above-mentioned earphones. And no, they do not come with a mic.
Otherwise if you wait, the Jays X-jays will eventually be released and may trump these options. Jays will very likely have a iPhone cable option as well given their current line up and their consumer focus.
I mainly use B&O A8 with my IP4. There is a version with mic. control.
Other ones I use are IE7 and TF10. The IE8 l has an iPhone edition which includes control and mic, as well as the TF10.
These three are top of the line for their respective categories, earbuds, universal dynamic IEMs, and universal BA IEMs.
And lastly, no single pair of earphones that money can buy is going to satisfy all musical needs.
- New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 33 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet Impressions - 9.20.14 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio 2Move Portable Amp/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 4 minutes ago
- › Portable phones that are close to DT770 Pro? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)