Just signed up,new here. Wanted to get some info. I need to replace my earphones for my iPhone 4. I am looking for comfort as well and best sound quality. Controls and also mic for incoming calls would be nice too. What are some of the top of the line earphones out there right now that would work with my iPhone 4? Thanks for the help.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 1/4/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
top of the line phones will be quite expensive and are not going to have controls for calls they will be dedicated just for music, try taking a look at the nuforce NE 700M this model has controls and sounds fairly good from what I've researched and wont brake your pocket book, good luck searching let me now if you fined anything awesome
I have $700 right now to spend. I want this to be the last set of earphones that I do buy. Thanks for the help. Do the Westone 3's have the mic and controls for the iPhone,or is that something that I need to buy separate?
They don't have mic or ipod controls. No high end earphone is going to have them.
What brand are the Stage 4? Could you please point me to their website? Thanks!
My Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB's sound glorious with my iPhone 4. In my humble opinion they are possibly the best earphones you can buy for $700. For your reference, I have compared them to the following: Shure SE 535, Westone 3, Senn IE8, Etymotic ER-4P, Stax SR-001, Ortofon eq-7, JVC FX-700. But please do thoroughly read the reviews on this forum before taking the plunge. Note that they do not isolate well so they are best suited for listening in quiet environments. Not everyone who owns them on this forum rates them as highly as I do - some can't seem to get good bass out of them without heavy equilazation. However in my case I run them from my iPhone 4 without any eq and the bass is deep and taut. I find their transparency and level of detail, and more importantly, their sheer musicality unmatched by any of the other above-mentioned earphones. And no, they do not come with a mic.
Otherwise if you wait, the Jays X-jays will eventually be released and may trump these options. Jays will very likely have a iPhone cable option as well given their current line up and their consumer focus.
I mainly use B&O A8 with my IP4. There is a version with mic. control.
Other ones I use are IE7 and TF10. The IE8 l has an iPhone edition which includes control and mic, as well as the TF10.
These three are top of the line for their respective categories, earbuds, universal dynamic IEMs, and universal BA IEMs.
And lastly, no single pair of earphones that money can buy is going to satisfy all musical needs.
- New earphones for iPhone 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: DT880 250 ohm Reacabled 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › What is the special sauce behind the Chord Hugo? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by MalVeauX
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)