i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone dj1 vs. shure srh-750dj Last post on 6/6/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob!!! I am new and I would like to get some advise. Last post on 1/16/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i...post #1 of 912/30/10 at 11:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/31/10 at 6:14ampost #3 of 912/31/10 at 6:27am
Well they probably wont break unless you mistreat them.
Quote:Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.post #4 of 912/31/10 at 6:38ampost #5 of 912/31/10 at 6:38am
I myself own a pair from the Shure line(SRH440) and while I agree they do creek a bit, but I find the build quality to be excellent far better than Skullcandies. In fact I'll have you know that I've dropped mine a couple times(accidently), I initially reacted with horror at the possibility I damaged the 'phones, but they kept on chucking as if nothing happened save for few new scratches. So rest easy my friend and know that your Shures will last you a long time.post #6 of 912/31/10 at 7:36am
Own 840s. No creaks, extremely sold chassis feel. Once they're on the head they aren't moving or making any noise.
Had Sony MDR-SA1000s and MDR-SA5000s in the past, now THAT'S a flimsy headphone line! Sonically irritating creaks all the time. That was one of my primary gripes with those.post #7 of 912/31/10 at 7:43ampost #8 of 912/31/10 at 3:50pmThread StarterQuote:
then sennhesiers must be badly built because my headphones feel really cheap to me. but it just might be because its made of plastic. when it comes to plastic in headphones i always thenk they will snap or something along those lines. also the ear pads seem to get punctured really easily. i have seen some earpads that never get ripped or holes in them but my shures feel like taht if you move your nails lightly over it, it will tare.
- has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › FS Ipod classic ( Colorware $299) Fiio, X5 $275, Ibasso Dx50 $160... 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 4 minutes ago
- › 100 >= IEM wars: Ostry KC06, Hifiman Re-400, VSonic VSD3S, Havi Pro 1 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 7 minutes ago
- › AMPEREX ORANGE GLOBE 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1967 MATCH PAIR SWEET... 7 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)