i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone dj1 vs. shure srh-750dj Last post on 6/6/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob!!! I am new and I would like to get some advise. Last post on 1/16/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i...post #1 of 912/30/10 at 11:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/31/10 at 6:14ampost #3 of 912/31/10 at 6:27am
Well they probably wont break unless you mistreat them.
Quote:Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.post #4 of 912/31/10 at 6:38ampost #5 of 912/31/10 at 6:38am
I myself own a pair from the Shure line(SRH440) and while I agree they do creek a bit, but I find the build quality to be excellent far better than Skullcandies. In fact I'll have you know that I've dropped mine a couple times(accidently), I initially reacted with horror at the possibility I damaged the 'phones, but they kept on chucking as if nothing happened save for few new scratches. So rest easy my friend and know that your Shures will last you a long time.post #6 of 912/31/10 at 7:36am
Own 840s. No creaks, extremely sold chassis feel. Once they're on the head they aren't moving or making any noise.
Had Sony MDR-SA1000s and MDR-SA5000s in the past, now THAT'S a flimsy headphone line! Sonically irritating creaks all the time. That was one of my primary gripes with those.post #7 of 912/31/10 at 7:43ampost #8 of 912/31/10 at 3:50pmThread StarterQuote:
then sennhesiers must be badly built because my headphones feel really cheap to me. but it just might be because its made of plastic. when it comes to plastic in headphones i always thenk they will snap or something along those lines. also the ear pads seem to get punctured really easily. i have seen some earpads that never get ripped or holes in them but my shures feel like taht if you move your nails lightly over it, it will tare.
- has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Can you put over-ear or circumaural earpads on AKG K141/2/0? 44 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 49 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › DAC Upsampling and Entry Equipment Comparisons 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Sparrow B Old USB Version 3 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe