i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone dj1 vs. shure srh-750dj Last post on 6/6/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob!!! I am new and I would like to get some advise. Last post on 1/16/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i...post #1 of 912/30/10 at 11:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/31/10 at 6:14ampost #3 of 912/31/10 at 6:27am
Well they probably wont break unless you mistreat them.
Quote:Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.post #4 of 912/31/10 at 6:38ampost #5 of 912/31/10 at 6:38am
I myself own a pair from the Shure line(SRH440) and while I agree they do creek a bit, but I find the build quality to be excellent far better than Skullcandies. In fact I'll have you know that I've dropped mine a couple times(accidently), I initially reacted with horror at the possibility I damaged the 'phones, but they kept on chucking as if nothing happened save for few new scratches. So rest easy my friend and know that your Shures will last you a long time.post #6 of 912/31/10 at 7:36am
Own 840s. No creaks, extremely sold chassis feel. Once they're on the head they aren't moving or making any noise.
Had Sony MDR-SA1000s and MDR-SA5000s in the past, now THAT'S a flimsy headphone line! Sonically irritating creaks all the time. That was one of my primary gripes with those.post #7 of 912/31/10 at 7:43ampost #8 of 912/31/10 at 3:50pmThread StarterQuote:
then sennhesiers must be badly built because my headphones feel really cheap to me. but it just might be because its made of plastic. when it comes to plastic in headphones i always thenk they will snap or something along those lines. also the ear pads seem to get punctured really easily. i have seen some earpads that never get ripped or holes in them but my shures feel like taht if you move your nails lightly over it, it will tare.
- has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 331 IEMs compared (JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FR301... 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 1 minute ago
- › FS: Whiplash TWag 30 Pin to USB iPod Cable 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3