i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone dj1 vs. shure srh-750dj Last post on 6/6/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass heavy headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with sound like beats. Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob!!! I am new and I would like to get some advise. Last post on 1/16/12 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.post #1 of 912/30/10 at 11:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 912/31/10 at 6:14ampost #3 of 912/31/10 at 6:27am
Well they probably wont break unless you mistreat them.
Quote:Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor
i own the shure srh750dj headphones and i love the sound quality but the build feels like skullcandy build to me. am i thinking wrong. the creaking it makes me worry. should i worry about these breaking anytime soon. will they last for more then 3 years with fair use and being careful with them thanks.post #4 of 912/31/10 at 6:38ampost #5 of 912/31/10 at 6:38am
I myself own a pair from the Shure line(SRH440) and while I agree they do creek a bit, but I find the build quality to be excellent far better than Skullcandies. In fact I'll have you know that I've dropped mine a couple times(accidently), I initially reacted with horror at the possibility I damaged the 'phones, but they kept on chucking as if nothing happened save for few new scratches. So rest easy my friend and know that your Shures will last you a long time.post #6 of 912/31/10 at 7:36am
Own 840s. No creaks, extremely sold chassis feel. Once they're on the head they aren't moving or making any noise.
Had Sony MDR-SA1000s and MDR-SA5000s in the past, now THAT'S a flimsy headphone line! Sonically irritating creaks all the time. That was one of my primary gripes with those.post #7 of 912/31/10 at 7:43ampost #8 of 912/31/10 at 3:50pmThread StarterQuote:
then sennhesiers must be badly built because my headphones feel really cheap to me. but it just might be because its made of plastic. when it comes to plastic in headphones i always thenk they will snap or something along those lines. also the ear pads seem to get punctured really easily. i have seen some earpads that never get ripped or holes in them but my shures feel like taht if you move your nails lightly over it, it will tare.
- has anyone else noticed the shure headphones build quality is lacking. or is it just me. should i worry.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 21 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 21 seconds ago
- › Hifiman custom cable (4 pin XLR) 43 seconds ago
- › exaSound DACs 53 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 54 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › What is safest way to plug in/unplug gear? 2 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3