- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. Grado SR 225i Last post on 8/22/11 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
help with choosing headphones?post #1 of 712/30/10 at 4:34pmThread StarterHello, I need some help in choosing headphones. I have a budget of 100 dollars.. I can currently get shure SE210 and the srh440.. Which should I get? Does anyone have any other suggestions? It will be mainly used with an ipod, and an mp3 player.. I listen to various genres. I owned some skullcandy hesh but they were terrible and broke. I was looking at some solo HDs my friend was selling but decided the srh440 at the price and quality were much better. Help!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/30/10 at 9:21pm
I'm not sure if you asking for full sized headphones, where you posted....
I'm sticking to it
Beats is a rip off. Period. And so are Skullcandy
For $100: Grado sr80is
Their open headphones, meaning the sounds leaks out because of the design. Yet they are the best sound you can buy
sr60is are cheaper, with a not as great sound, yet still worth it
Those are full sized, not in ear
Some portable headphones:
Under $40: Koss Portapros, $32, and the cheapest, and best way to get sound. It's as close as you can get to grado sound, without grados.
I'm not good with in ear or buds for the matter but try this thread:post #3 of 712/30/10 at 9:36pmpost #4 of 712/31/10 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 712/31/10 at 4:05pm
Oh, definitely pick up the Shure 840 Pads to make the m50 even more awesome!
Be forewarned. You will now enter the world of head-fi.
We apologize now!
Edited by Coupe - 12/31/10 at 4:08pmpost #6 of 712/31/10 at 7:13pmpost #7 of 712/31/10 at 8:50pm
- help with choosing headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 13 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 59 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2