- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. Grado SR 225i Last post on 8/22/11 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Last post on 11/29/11 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
The FiiO A1 is a nice addition to a smartphone setup.It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. it doesn't extend very well and bass and treble is left...
help with choosing headphones?post #1 of 712/30/10 at 4:34pmThread StarterHello, I need some help in choosing headphones. I have a budget of 100 dollars.. I can currently get shure SE210 and the srh440.. Which should I get? Does anyone have any other suggestions? It will be mainly used with an ipod, and an mp3 player.. I listen to various genres. I owned some skullcandy hesh but they were terrible and broke. I was looking at some solo HDs my friend was selling but decided the srh440 at the price and quality were much better. Help!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 712/30/10 at 9:21pm
I'm not sure if you asking for full sized headphones, where you posted....
I'm sticking to it
Beats is a rip off. Period. And so are Skullcandy
For $100: Grado sr80is
Their open headphones, meaning the sounds leaks out because of the design. Yet they are the best sound you can buy
sr60is are cheaper, with a not as great sound, yet still worth it
Those are full sized, not in ear
Some portable headphones:
Under $40: Koss Portapros, $32, and the cheapest, and best way to get sound. It's as close as you can get to grado sound, without grados.
I'm not good with in ear or buds for the matter but try this thread:post #3 of 712/30/10 at 9:36pmpost #4 of 712/31/10 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 712/31/10 at 4:05pm
Oh, definitely pick up the Shure 840 Pads to make the m50 even more awesome!
Be forewarned. You will now enter the world of head-fi.
We apologize now!
Edited by Coupe - 12/31/10 at 4:08pmpost #6 of 712/31/10 at 7:13pmpost #7 of 712/31/10 at 8:50pm
- help with choosing headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 31 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD X (Complete w/ both cables, hard travel case) -... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...