Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 6

post #76 of 585

Hello, i am new to this whole forum and i wanted to drop my impression in. I am thinking of going for the Ultimate Ears 10. They are both attractive in appearance and they seem to have great reviews. Kinda pricey though. Your feedback would be appreciated. thanks..

post #77 of 585

THis is a thread about earbuds, the ones that do not isolate, but are open, like the apple earbuds.

You are talking about IEM, in-ear monitors, which go deep in your ears.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpassion View Post

Hello, i am new to this whole forum and i wanted to drop my impression in. I am thinking of going for the Ultimate Ears 10. They are both attractive in appearance and they seem to have great reviews. Kinda pricey though. Your feedback would be appreciated. thanks..

post #78 of 585

Hey,

 

Are you using any amp for these, or have you tried as-charm with amp? Or would an amp make a difference for as-charm?

 

Thanks.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Hi

 

I finally pulled the pug one some mx980 and I have been listening to it for 2 hours without burning in out of my sansa fuze and I love it so far.

It brought the highs, and the clarity I was missing on the as-charm. I paid 50 euros more than what I could have paid a few months back.

These are really awesome. It doesn't sound like other sennheisers I had. 

I am now a very happy guy in terms of headphones. I have 3 similar sounding headphones now for each situation. Sony SA5000 for home, DBA-02 for noise isolation and Sennheiser mx980 for no isolating discretion.

post #79 of 585

No, I didn't use any amp with these yet. just out of my fuze.

I don't use amp for portability. I only use fuze or clip+, I could get an iPod but I use the fuze and clip for the small size.

Everyone says as-charm improves greatly with an amp, but I don't want to carry an amp around so I use just my clip.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilasn View Post

Hey,

 

Are you using any amp for these, or have you tried as-charm with amp? Or would an amp make a difference for as-charm?

 

Thanks.
 


 
post #80 of 585
Glad you've found an earbud you're happy with mcnoiserc.

Funny thing is the MX980 seem to be dropping in price here in UK : under £90 now at Amazon and under £80 at Play. Weird.
post #81 of 585

I paid 98 at amazon, because as the VAT is higher in portugal, they charge more, originally the price was 95£.

anyway play wouldn't send it here.

 

I bought it because I never feel like to pick the as-charm at any time, but just for when I didn't have a choice. So I paid for mx980. I am happy with it so far. I wish it had just a bit more of bass. 

post #82 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

I paid 98 at amazon, because as the VAT is higher in portugal, they charge more, originally the price was 95£.

anyway play wouldn't send it here.

 

I bought it because I never feel like to pick the as-charm at any time, but just for when I didn't have a choice. So I paid for mx980. I am happy with it so far. I wish it had just a bit more of bass. 


Maybe more bass will come; or maybe a wee adjustment in fit. Funny how penartur (I think it was) objected to the MX 980s having far too much bass for him. Looks as though for earbuds it's almost impossible to gauge from reviews how they'll work for you : which I guess explains why you've been so active in the For Sale forum biggrin.gif
post #83 of 585

Man you are right.

I have tried: sennheiser mx980, 880, omx 95, mx 160, as-charm, audio technica cm700, cm707, final audio piano forte, and even phiaton ps210 trying to use it as earbud.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

I paid 98 at amazon, because as the VAT is higher in portugal, they charge more, originally the price was 95£.

anyway play wouldn't send it here.

 

I bought it because I never feel like to pick the as-charm at any time, but just for when I didn't have a choice. So I paid for mx980. I am happy with it so far. I wish it had just a bit more of bass. 




Maybe more bass will come; or maybe a wee adjustment in fit. Funny how penartur (I think it was) objected to the MX 980s having far too much bass for him. Looks as though for earbuds it's almost impossible to gauge from reviews how they'll work for you : which I guess explains why you've been so active in the For Sale forum biggrin.gif

 
post #84 of 585
Thread Starter 

Which ones were your favorite?

post #85 of 585

me, nothing is comparable to the sq of my mx980.

its still the single best earbud for me.

 

oh how i love the HIGHS...

post #86 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

Which ones were your favorite?

That's the game; we have to guess biggrin.gif I suspect that mcnoiserdc's preferences would be weighted by particular concern about quality of treble and instrument separation (judging by his choice of headphone, IEM and earbud) and the fact that he doesn't want to use a portable amp. From the latter, I guess Sennheiser and Audio Technica get an advantage. Looks like the new design from Final Audio didn't quite get it right; bass too obviously compromised? (OK so I've read most of his posts in earbud threads but still probably got it wrong redface.gif).

I guess realistically it's still too early for him to say the MX 980 is "the one" but hard to see where he could go at the moment if no portable with a Clip+ or Fuze is a "given". BTW wondered does the amp on Fuze perform same as Clip+?
post #87 of 585

It is hard to say, but the truth is that I feel the mx980 is the better one by quite a margin. why? Because I feel it is better without A/Bing.

I would prefer another signature, but I can EQ this thing. The treble seems to be too much, but I know I am not getting the best fit with it.

 

The charm is great, but it sounds somewhat veiled and the treble has no sparkle. I do like it but it has no excitement due to those things im my opinion. 

The mx880 seemed to have a great sound quality but the fit issues I had with it, avoided me from enjoying it.

I liked the cm700 better than the cm707 but once again the fit wasn't for me.

 

In the end of the day the mx980 comes on top being great and fun, if it had a bit more bass (which it would if I had different ears), it would be perfect. I would love to have an earbud that would be on par with IEMs, I think if I had one, I would listen mostly to it, as noise isolation is bad for me and I would rather not use amps.

Anyway I also have great headphones in sa5000 and DBA-02. To my ears DBA-02 and MX980 have similar sound signature.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

Which ones were your favorite?



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

Which ones were your favorite?



That's the game; we have to guess biggrin.gif I suspect that mcnoiserdc's preferences would be weighted by particular concern about quality of treble and instrument separation (judging by his choice of headphone, IEM and earbud) and the fact that he doesn't want to use a portable amp. From the latter, I guess Sennheiser and Audio Technica get an advantage. Looks like the new design from Final Audio didn't quite get it right; bass too obviously compromised? (OK so I've read most of his posts in earbud threads but still probably got it wrong redface.gif).

I guess realistically it's still too early for him to say the MX 980 is "the one" but hard to see where he could go at the moment if no portable with a Clip+ or Fuze is a "given". BTW wondered does the amp on Fuze perform same as Clip+?
post #88 of 585
Interesting. Would an extra foam increase bass and reduce treble or would this muffle the sound, I wonder.
Seems a pity there isn't more feedback here on yurbuds; think I recall your interest but massive delivery cost direct from suppliers put you off.
Anyways better let you get on with some listening now. Thanks for reply smily_headphones1.gif
post #89 of 585

You know the yurbuds is quite a gamble. one never knows wheter it will fit well, plus it would cancel the purpose of non-noise isolation earphones.

Who knows I won't try it. I will try the double foam thing you say...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson View Post

Interesting. Would an extra foam increase bass and reduce treble or would this muffle the sound, I wonder.
Seems a pity there isn't more feedback here on yurbuds; think I recall your interest but massive delivery cost direct from suppliers put you off.
Anyways better let you get on with some listening now. Thanks for reply smily_headphones1.gif
post #90 of 585

I have tried the double foam thing and I am loving it this way. Now you got me wondering how the cm700 would be with double foam... now that I have sold it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***