its the 9wave plastics, which i thought you said were better than 980's which i am interested in knowing how to obtain.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 5post #61 of 6111/14/11 at 7:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6111/14/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #63 of 6111/14/11 at 8:39am
swbf2cheater, how long did you burn your K319 in? Or maybe you got a knockoff?
This sounds so unlike my own experience or the other reviews on the site it makes me wonder.
Mine are still burning in (~24hours now) but sound is already clear and intrument seperation is excellent. Can produce sound well outside the head depending on the record.
True story: recording with "boxed" soundstage used a civil-emergency siren effect which located pretty far into the room. At first I thought we had a civil alarm test
Only bass is still too low, not by much but I hope this will get in line within the next 75hours so the sound will be well rounded.
Btw, all Euro buyers, those can be had for just €40, which I consider a steal.post #64 of 6111/14/11 at 9:04amThread Starter
My guide is not to be mistaken for a random collection of reviews, the AKGs are in the top 10 BEST YOU CAN GET :)
They are very good, just that compared to the others they are not the best on the list. For their price point at $100 or so, they are not the best value but still remain in my picks for the 10 best you can get. When I said boxed, I did not mean small sound, I meant the shape. It is box shaped, equally tall and wide to my ears. If you can get them at that price in europe, that is definitely a steal and I am kind of jealous lol
btw, i hope mine wasnt a knock off lol :[ all of them except the 9waves a the time of the first post were used for at least 50 hours each.post #65 of 6111/14/11 at 9:54ampost #66 of 6111/14/11 at 9:56amThread Starterpost #67 of 6111/14/11 at 10:24amQuote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!post #68 of 6111/16/11 at 6:41pmpost #69 of 6111/16/11 at 6:56pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kjk1281Quote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!
The 9wave NW Studio ( plastic version is called NW Studio and the metal is called NW Studio Pro ) could potentially take over the market for sub $100 earbuds. Thats just how good they are compared to a lot of others I have demoed and reviewed. For a $50-60 + shipping price tag...just an immense deal. I wish I would have asked 9 wave to give me a few more demo sets to issue out to people :[ but a date was listed on the 9wave website.Quote:
Thanks, I tried to tell it like it is and spent a whole year collecting and saving some cash to get all the earbuds together at once. Was really hard but very fun. As for your question, the mx980 do not isolate very well, normal listening volume should be low enough to hear noises around you, anything beyond that and its not wise to wear ANY headphones if there is a potential for you to not hear something nearby.post #70 of 6111/16/11 at 7:20pmpost #71 of 6111/16/11 at 10:42pmpost #72 of 6111/17/11 at 12:42amThread Starterpost #73 of 6111/17/11 at 12:55ampost #74 of 6112/2/11 at 10:00pmpost #75 of 6112/15/11 at 6:38am
I finally pulled the pug one some mx980 and I have been listening to it for 2 hours without burning in out of my sansa fuze and I love it so far.
It brought the highs, and the clarity I was missing on the as-charm. I paid 50 euros more than what I could have paid a few months back.
These are really awesome. It doesn't sound like other sennheisers I had.
I am now a very happy guy in terms of headphones. I have 3 similar sounding headphones now for each situation. Sony SA5000 for home, DBA-02 for noise isolation and Sennheiser mx980 for no isolating discretion.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › ALO USB cables 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear