its the 9wave plastics, which i thought you said were better than 980's which i am interested in knowing how to obtain.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 5post #61 of 6111/14/11 at 7:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6111/14/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #63 of 6111/14/11 at 8:39am
swbf2cheater, how long did you burn your K319 in? Or maybe you got a knockoff?
This sounds so unlike my own experience or the other reviews on the site it makes me wonder.
Mine are still burning in (~24hours now) but sound is already clear and intrument seperation is excellent. Can produce sound well outside the head depending on the record.
True story: recording with "boxed" soundstage used a civil-emergency siren effect which located pretty far into the room. At first I thought we had a civil alarm test
Only bass is still too low, not by much but I hope this will get in line within the next 75hours so the sound will be well rounded.
Btw, all Euro buyers, those can be had for just €40, which I consider a steal.post #64 of 6111/14/11 at 9:04amThread Starter
My guide is not to be mistaken for a random collection of reviews, the AKGs are in the top 10 BEST YOU CAN GET :)
They are very good, just that compared to the others they are not the best on the list. For their price point at $100 or so, they are not the best value but still remain in my picks for the 10 best you can get. When I said boxed, I did not mean small sound, I meant the shape. It is box shaped, equally tall and wide to my ears. If you can get them at that price in europe, that is definitely a steal and I am kind of jealous lol
btw, i hope mine wasnt a knock off lol :[ all of them except the 9waves a the time of the first post were used for at least 50 hours each.post #65 of 6111/14/11 at 9:54ampost #66 of 6111/14/11 at 9:56amThread Starterpost #67 of 6111/14/11 at 10:24amQuote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!post #68 of 6111/16/11 at 6:41pmpost #69 of 6111/16/11 at 6:56pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kjk1281Quote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!
The 9wave NW Studio ( plastic version is called NW Studio and the metal is called NW Studio Pro ) could potentially take over the market for sub $100 earbuds. Thats just how good they are compared to a lot of others I have demoed and reviewed. For a $50-60 + shipping price tag...just an immense deal. I wish I would have asked 9 wave to give me a few more demo sets to issue out to people :[ but a date was listed on the 9wave website.Quote:
Thanks, I tried to tell it like it is and spent a whole year collecting and saving some cash to get all the earbuds together at once. Was really hard but very fun. As for your question, the mx980 do not isolate very well, normal listening volume should be low enough to hear noises around you, anything beyond that and its not wise to wear ANY headphones if there is a potential for you to not hear something nearby.post #70 of 6111/16/11 at 7:20pmpost #71 of 6111/16/11 at 10:42pmpost #72 of 6111/17/11 at 12:42amThread Starterpost #73 of 6111/17/11 at 12:55ampost #74 of 6112/2/11 at 10:00pmpost #75 of 6112/15/11 at 6:38am
I finally pulled the pug one some mx980 and I have been listening to it for 2 hours without burning in out of my sansa fuze and I love it so far.
It brought the highs, and the clarity I was missing on the as-charm. I paid 50 euros more than what I could have paid a few months back.
These are really awesome. It doesn't sound like other sennheisers I had.
I am now a very happy guy in terms of headphones. I have 3 similar sounding headphones now for each situation. Sony SA5000 for home, DBA-02 for noise isolation and Sennheiser mx980 for no isolating discretion.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP60 19 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 44 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 44 seconds ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 50 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear