its the 9wave plastics, which i thought you said were better than 980's which i am interested in knowing how to obtain.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 5post #61 of 6111/14/11 at 7:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6111/14/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #63 of 6111/14/11 at 8:39am
swbf2cheater, how long did you burn your K319 in? Or maybe you got a knockoff?
This sounds so unlike my own experience or the other reviews on the site it makes me wonder.
Mine are still burning in (~24hours now) but sound is already clear and intrument seperation is excellent. Can produce sound well outside the head depending on the record.
True story: recording with "boxed" soundstage used a civil-emergency siren effect which located pretty far into the room. At first I thought we had a civil alarm test
Only bass is still too low, not by much but I hope this will get in line within the next 75hours so the sound will be well rounded.
Btw, all Euro buyers, those can be had for just €40, which I consider a steal.post #64 of 6111/14/11 at 9:04amThread Starter
My guide is not to be mistaken for a random collection of reviews, the AKGs are in the top 10 BEST YOU CAN GET :)
They are very good, just that compared to the others they are not the best on the list. For their price point at $100 or so, they are not the best value but still remain in my picks for the 10 best you can get. When I said boxed, I did not mean small sound, I meant the shape. It is box shaped, equally tall and wide to my ears. If you can get them at that price in europe, that is definitely a steal and I am kind of jealous lol
btw, i hope mine wasnt a knock off lol :[ all of them except the 9waves a the time of the first post were used for at least 50 hours each.post #65 of 6111/14/11 at 9:54ampost #66 of 6111/14/11 at 9:56amThread Starterpost #67 of 6111/14/11 at 10:24amQuote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!post #68 of 6111/16/11 at 6:41pmpost #69 of 6111/16/11 at 6:56pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kjk1281Quote:
...and a $60 premium.
I gotta say swbf2cheater, I'm a bit jealous – as far as I know, the 9wave "plastic edition" isn't even official yet!
The 9wave NW Studio ( plastic version is called NW Studio and the metal is called NW Studio Pro ) could potentially take over the market for sub $100 earbuds. Thats just how good they are compared to a lot of others I have demoed and reviewed. For a $50-60 + shipping price tag...just an immense deal. I wish I would have asked 9 wave to give me a few more demo sets to issue out to people :[ but a date was listed on the 9wave website.Quote:
Thanks, I tried to tell it like it is and spent a whole year collecting and saving some cash to get all the earbuds together at once. Was really hard but very fun. As for your question, the mx980 do not isolate very well, normal listening volume should be low enough to hear noises around you, anything beyond that and its not wise to wear ANY headphones if there is a potential for you to not hear something nearby.post #70 of 6111/16/11 at 7:20pmpost #71 of 6111/16/11 at 10:42pmpost #72 of 6111/17/11 at 12:42amThread Starterpost #73 of 6111/17/11 at 12:55ampost #74 of 6112/2/11 at 10:00pmpost #75 of 6112/15/11 at 6:38am
I finally pulled the pug one some mx980 and I have been listening to it for 2 hours without burning in out of my sansa fuze and I love it so far.
It brought the highs, and the clarity I was missing on the as-charm. I paid 50 euros more than what I could have paid a few months back.
These are really awesome. It doesn't sound like other sennheisers I had.
I am now a very happy guy in terms of headphones. I have 3 similar sounding headphones now for each situation. Sony SA5000 for home, DBA-02 for noise isolation and Sennheiser mx980 for no isolating discretion.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 24 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 29 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 55 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › SMSL M8A (ES9028Q2M) 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear