I would say the MX-985 are better in clarity and detail. The blox BE5 is a bit warmer and has better bass extension. I use the MX-985 for critical music listing and when I want to be more engaged I switch to the BE5 (and sometimes ANV3 however the BE5 has better and clearer treble). The BE5 is also a bit easier in use since it is lighter and has a better fit. Although the MX-985 fits me and I can wear it for hours without pain or problems the fit is just not as good as with the blox, this could also be the reason the blox gives me more bass. I listen to these buds without an amp with an iphone5.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sennheiser RS185 Quick Review Thanks to Sennheiser for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/764148/sennheiser-rs185-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Look Ma, no...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members like...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't tried the other but yuin pk1 are very comfortable . I think ok1 may be a bit less comfortable due to thicker housing. MX985 from what i've read are big and might not be that comfortable
Some people like to fall sleep to music without disturbing the person who's sleeping next to them. :P
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 29 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Does Compressing a FLAC album into a zip affect sound quality? 52 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › World wide first launching new AK product : AK Junior = AK j 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 minutes ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2