Any idea how high-end earbuds sound in relation to IEMs? I have never seen, let alone heard any of them... Always been in IEM/full size territory.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^ What do you consider a high-end earbud? Most expensive one I've tried is the CrossRoads (can't remember if it's HR1 or 2). They didn't isolate.
It's a design issue. Earbuds, by design, don't isolate. It's like open headphones--no matter how upmarket it is, it just does not isolate.
Has anyone heard of TFTA (Thin Film Technology Acoustics)? Boring name, but their premium earbud TFTA 1101-V1 is not that bad, really. I just bought it, and after drawing the conclusion that it is the first earbud I have owned that might need burn in it now has around 20 hours. At first it was too bassy and very boxed in. Now it has opened up and the bass has calmed down a bit, while mids and highs have come forward.
The soundstage is not very wide, but it has actually got some real depth. Quite a nice find!
I bought it on Ebay from the company that makes them, RMXdirect Limited. Just search for "TFTA" and you'll find it. Or you can buy it from the TFTA homepage.
The TFTA 1101-V1 cost me £50 or around $79 with shipping included. There is also a cheaper model called TFTA120-V1, which is reviewed here.
I'm still using the Blox M2C earbuds....... :) Hands down best "purchase" of 2011. Yes they were given to me but I would of easily paid the $40 for them. Well worth it.
This week I bought another IEM's the Klipsch Image X10s and in terms of the sound, if I had to pick one it would be the M2Cs.
Despite the retail price of $400 Vs $40 IMO sound wise M2Cs beat them, for me anyways.
TFTA's look interesting but reading your review I don't think they would be for me.
That is a very strong statement. Those little buds must be quite amazing! I always thought my PK2's had the biggest soundstage I have heard in an earbud.
I won't say I will give up DT1350 (doesn't own one now, but have plan to get one next year) for M2c, but there is no deny M2c is quite a performer, especially when it comes to minimalistic setup
Unamped, the M2C is pretty amazing, mostly due to its insane midrange which is just such a pleasure to listen to. Its highs are never harsh or sibilant yet retain good engaging qualities. Easily worth double if not triple its price right now. Blox's CEO told me he wants everyone to be able to afford really great quality earbuds. He did it out of love for all of us, considering its an improved TM5
( its like a super saiyan 2 TM5 rofl ) even at $40 its a steal.
Mx980 is still the king, so far nothing beats IMO. Excited beyond reason to hear the BX III. I want more info on it *drools.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 12/2/11 at 3:43am
Listened to MX980 the other day, not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested (Sennheiser showroom so it is MSRP). I were planning to get it but it was out of stock (and I repeat again, "Sennheiser showroom", as in the one that run by their Asian HQ in Singapore). I ended up went to next door (which is Creative showroom) and picked up a pair of Creative Aurvana Air as it is half of its original price now - have no regret whatsoever and actually rather glad I bought Aurvana Air instead of MX980.
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Songs that sound bad on your headphones 1 minute ago
- › Astel & Kern 240 paired with the AKG k702 ? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a portable over - ear headphone 2 minutes ago
- › are IEM tip sizes universal? 2 minutes ago
- › Over ear Headphones for Uplifting Melodic Trance 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Custom colored HD 800 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing LEAR's semi-hard shell material for CIEMs or Re-shells. 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3