Any idea how high-end earbuds sound in relation to IEMs? I have never seen, let alone heard any of them... Always been in IEM/full size territory.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHisoundaudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^ What do you consider a high-end earbud? Most expensive one I've tried is the CrossRoads (can't remember if it's HR1 or 2). They didn't isolate.
It's a design issue. Earbuds, by design, don't isolate. It's like open headphones--no matter how upmarket it is, it just does not isolate.
Has anyone heard of TFTA (Thin Film Technology Acoustics)? Boring name, but their premium earbud TFTA 1101-V1 is not that bad, really. I just bought it, and after drawing the conclusion that it is the first earbud I have owned that might need burn in it now has around 20 hours. At first it was too bassy and very boxed in. Now it has opened up and the bass has calmed down a bit, while mids and highs have come forward.
The soundstage is not very wide, but it has actually got some real depth. Quite a nice find!
I bought it on Ebay from the company that makes them, RMXdirect Limited. Just search for "TFTA" and you'll find it. Or you can buy it from the TFTA homepage.
The TFTA 1101-V1 cost me £50 or around $79 with shipping included. There is also a cheaper model called TFTA120-V1, which is reviewed here.
I'm still using the Blox M2C earbuds....... :) Hands down best "purchase" of 2011. Yes they were given to me but I would of easily paid the $40 for them. Well worth it.
This week I bought another IEM's the Klipsch Image X10s and in terms of the sound, if I had to pick one it would be the M2Cs.
Despite the retail price of $400 Vs $40 IMO sound wise M2Cs beat them, for me anyways.
TFTA's look interesting but reading your review I don't think they would be for me.
That is a very strong statement. Those little buds must be quite amazing! I always thought my PK2's had the biggest soundstage I have heard in an earbud.
I won't say I will give up DT1350 (doesn't own one now, but have plan to get one next year) for M2c, but there is no deny M2c is quite a performer, especially when it comes to minimalistic setup
Unamped, the M2C is pretty amazing, mostly due to its insane midrange which is just such a pleasure to listen to. Its highs are never harsh or sibilant yet retain good engaging qualities. Easily worth double if not triple its price right now. Blox's CEO told me he wants everyone to be able to afford really great quality earbuds. He did it out of love for all of us, considering its an improved TM5
( its like a super saiyan 2 TM5 rofl ) even at $40 its a steal.
Mx980 is still the king, so far nothing beats IMO. Excited beyond reason to hear the BX III. I want more info on it *drools.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 12/2/11 at 3:43am
Listened to MX980 the other day, not quite as impressive as the price tag has suggested (Sennheiser showroom so it is MSRP). I were planning to get it but it was out of stock (and I repeat again, "Sennheiser showroom", as in the one that run by their Asian HQ in Singapore). I ended up went to next door (which is Creative showroom) and picked up a pair of Creative Aurvana Air as it is half of its original price now - have no regret whatsoever and actually rather glad I bought Aurvana Air instead of MX980.
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 15 seconds ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe