I have a different problem. The moment I put htem on and listen to them for a bit longer I start wondering if I need anything else for portable use but MX980s. I recently got DT1350s from Beyerdynamic and really like them, I put my MX980s in this morning for a shirt sunbathing session and I started wondering if I really need the Beyers. Sound is great, there is no clamping, no heavyness or anything like that, a thing that is always associated with headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 18post #256 of 6117/10/11 at 1:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 6117/10/11 at 5:56amThread StarterThat is a great problem to have haha! Short people with small ears like me have a problem with the 980, the didn't fit well and would just fall out every five seconds. Anywho, the mx980 is insanely under rated, can't say enough great things about them.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 7/10/11 at 6:01ampost #258 of 6117/10/11 at 8:34am
Seriously dude, they fall out every 5 seconds from your ears? I have quite small eras too, but I don't find MX980 to be uncomfortable, of course they're not perfect in ergonomics, but every IEM or earbud is somewhat fatiguing after excessive listening sessions.
Edited by GoodBoy - 7/10/11 at 8:40ampost #259 of 6117/10/11 at 9:07amThread Starterpost #260 of 6117/10/11 at 8:58pmQuote:
i have both.
and i think they are both very different sounding.
the mx980 sounds somewhat cold and unnatural compared to fx700.
but, the mx980 stands out in micro details and its supreme surround feeling, accuracy in positioning.
the fx700 is the best iem ive heard.
to me its better than ortofon eq7, sm3, hje900, ue700 (any ultimate ears iem) or vortex.
i use my mx980 when i want to hear smallest details in my music.
and to remind me that the mx980 has the most beautiful highs ever in an earbud form.
by the way, i got no issue with the mx980s fit. (without the foam pads).
im using this as my movie/laptop companion.
Edited by pinoyman - 7/10/11 at 9:01pmpost #261 of 6117/16/11 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #262 of 6117/16/11 at 9:28pm
My next venture is to get a digizoid ZO v2 for my 980's. Given the reviews v1 is getting, and what people are saying its capable of, I believe it may be a match made in heaven for these buds, heck, even the missing link. ;-)
btw the fx700 arrived, and are up for sale.. they isolate more than i hoped.. strange thing to say about IEM's but hey.. they do sound quite nice otherwise. Too bad I cant keep them ;-)
I'll be eager to hear your take on the blox
Edited by Br777 - 7/16/11 at 9:31pmpost #263 of 6117/21/11 at 12:11pmpost #264 of 6117/21/11 at 1:57pmThread Starter
The gem is made of real silver and is the NW studio pro on steroids, I am extremely interested to know how solid silver sounds as an earbud housing although its very exclusive and even I might not be able to snag a demo set for review. Its a joint venture project between 9wave and Ultrasones Edition Shop in Tokyo. Im sure they sound great but are well beyond my budget to purchase for a review for everyone at $500 or so
9wave is trying to become a head fi sponsor and the NW Studio ( the budget "plastic" version people seem to want to call it) will be available out of Japan on July 28th. They should be available through Amazon and I am told they hope to be able to sell to anyone outside the usa as well. I really think earbud lovers will enjoy them, I've been using my set for a while now...actually listening to them right this second.
tall and wide soundstage that is upfront, not too neutral and not overly colored, separation is excellent and are very fun to listen to in my opinion.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 7/21/11 at 10:31pmpost #265 of 6117/22/11 at 5:18ampost #266 of 6118/3/11 at 5:20ampost #267 of 6118/4/11 at 1:31am
I'll probably get myself a pair of MX880 for my birthday next week, the 980 would be wasted on me since I mostly use the earbuds while riding my bike. Since my Yuin OK3 died, I tried to make it work with the standard Sansa buds, but boy was that a disappointment. No amount of background noise can cover their absolute inferiority to the OK3.
I'm still looking forward to hearing what the others have to say about the plastic 9Waves once they finally come out...post #268 of 6118/10/11 at 2:45pm
just got a pair of PK3's.. I can already tell they are my new go-to portable set. I'm really impressed. Thinking about picking up a pair of the blue ever blue black buds..
am I going to see much of a difference? or should I just save my money. If they are different in which ways? I'm pretty happy with the Pk3's and I'm a wooden grado head :) If a few people think it is worth my time to check out the black buds I'll pick up a pair and do a comparo before selling or giving away one or the other. Otherwise, I won't bother.
lemme know what you guys think.post #269 of 6118/10/11 at 3:35pmpost #270 of 6118/11/11 at 2:28am
I just received a pair of AKG K317, listening to them now.
First impression, they're OK for the 15 EUR I paid for them, but I have difficulties getting a really good fit. When I press them into my ears slightly, the sound is great, so there's a definitely lot of potential. Highs are good, mids so-so, separation is very nice.
Coming from the OK3, but without possibility for a direct A/B, I'd say they are not without similarities. I'll let the buds my brain burn in a while and play with EQ a bit, but I think those 9Waves are still in the game. Or BEB, or since they are easiest to get, MX 580...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 29 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Need help! really confused with amp/dac choice for dt990 250 ohm pro 3 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear