I have a different problem. The moment I put htem on and listen to them for a bit longer I start wondering if I need anything else for portable use but MX980s. I recently got DT1350s from Beyerdynamic and really like them, I put my MX980s in this morning for a shirt sunbathing session and I started wondering if I really need the Beyers. Sound is great, there is no clamping, no heavyness or anything like that, a thing that is always associated with headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by swbf2cheater - 7/10/11 at 6:01am
Seriously dude, they fall out every 5 seconds from your ears? I have quite small eras too, but I don't find MX980 to be uncomfortable, of course they're not perfect in ergonomics, but every IEM or earbud is somewhat fatiguing after excessive listening sessions.
Edited by GoodBoy - 7/10/11 at 8:40am
i have both.
and i think they are both very different sounding.
the mx980 sounds somewhat cold and unnatural compared to fx700.
but, the mx980 stands out in micro details and its supreme surround feeling, accuracy in positioning.
the fx700 is the best iem ive heard.
to me its better than ortofon eq7, sm3, hje900, ue700 (any ultimate ears iem) or vortex.
i use my mx980 when i want to hear smallest details in my music.
and to remind me that the mx980 has the most beautiful highs ever in an earbud form.
by the way, i got no issue with the mx980s fit. (without the foam pads).
im using this as my movie/laptop companion.
Edited by pinoyman - 7/10/11 at 9:01pm
My next venture is to get a digizoid ZO v2 for my 980's. Given the reviews v1 is getting, and what people are saying its capable of, I believe it may be a match made in heaven for these buds, heck, even the missing link. ;-)
btw the fx700 arrived, and are up for sale.. they isolate more than i hoped.. strange thing to say about IEM's but hey.. they do sound quite nice otherwise. Too bad I cant keep them ;-)
I'll be eager to hear your take on the blox
Edited by Br777 - 7/16/11 at 9:31pm
The gem is made of real silver and is the NW studio pro on steroids, I am extremely interested to know how solid silver sounds as an earbud housing although its very exclusive and even I might not be able to snag a demo set for review. Its a joint venture project between 9wave and Ultrasones Edition Shop in Tokyo. Im sure they sound great but are well beyond my budget to purchase for a review for everyone at $500 or so
9wave is trying to become a head fi sponsor and the NW Studio ( the budget "plastic" version people seem to want to call it) will be available out of Japan on July 28th. They should be available through Amazon and I am told they hope to be able to sell to anyone outside the usa as well. I really think earbud lovers will enjoy them, I've been using my set for a while now...actually listening to them right this second.
tall and wide soundstage that is upfront, not too neutral and not overly colored, separation is excellent and are very fun to listen to in my opinion.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 7/21/11 at 10:31pm
I'll probably get myself a pair of MX880 for my birthday next week, the 980 would be wasted on me since I mostly use the earbuds while riding my bike. Since my Yuin OK3 died, I tried to make it work with the standard Sansa buds, but boy was that a disappointment. No amount of background noise can cover their absolute inferiority to the OK3.
I'm still looking forward to hearing what the others have to say about the plastic 9Waves once they finally come out...
just got a pair of PK3's.. I can already tell they are my new go-to portable set. I'm really impressed. Thinking about picking up a pair of the blue ever blue black buds..
am I going to see much of a difference? or should I just save my money. If they are different in which ways? I'm pretty happy with the Pk3's and I'm a wooden grado head :) If a few people think it is worth my time to check out the black buds I'll pick up a pair and do a comparo before selling or giving away one or the other. Otherwise, I won't bother.
lemme know what you guys think.
I just received a pair of AKG K317, listening to them now.
First impression, they're OK for the 15 EUR I paid for them, but I have difficulties getting a really good fit. When I press them into my ears slightly, the sound is great, so there's a definitely lot of potential. Highs are good, mids so-so, separation is very nice.
Coming from the OK3, but without possibility for a direct A/B, I'd say they are not without similarities. I'll let the buds my brain burn in a while and play with EQ a bit, but I think those 9Waves are still in the game. Or BEB, or since they are easiest to get, MX 580...
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 6 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 8 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)