Compare with pk2, ok2 is mids forwarded as pk2 but comes out with fuller sound. Also it has better treble extension but less bass. Good for vocals,pops imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 6116/19/11 at 12:34pm
Well, for me the PK2 sounds kind of forward and not very laid back. But I compare it to the ATH CM700TI and AKG K319. They both have a more spacious sound than the PK2 which has got a more up front sound than both the ATH and AKG.
Was thinking of getting the CM707 to compare to the CM700, but the difference doesn't seem to be too big. MX980 seems to be a sort of "holy grail", so after getting that I might not feel like upgrading. Knowing that will probably keep me away from it.
The 9wave plastics seems like the next earbud purchase!post #228 of 6116/19/11 at 2:22pmpost #229 of 6116/20/11 at 5:30am
Seems like we'll have to wait just a little bit longer for them, but I'll definitely give them a shot once they come out.post #230 of 6116/20/11 at 3:05pmThread Starter
The NW Studio is due out sometime in late july, so its still a ways off yea but the best way to get the fastest info is to keep updated with the 9wave facebook page, any new info will be posted there before anywhere else. But I want to stress that the 9wave buds are not about clarity, they are about presentation. If you are hoping for a very clear experience, you should look elsewhere. However, if you want a great soundstage experience with good separation for $60ish, the NW studio is definitely for you. Its pros outweigh its cons
-bright lively sound
-great stage size and good separation
-doesnt require amping to sound excellent, but does benefit a bit from my E11
-very light and comfortable at least in my ears
-overall clarity is average
-bass clarity and quantity are average and can easily distort
-build quality is average, they are plastic and intended to be as light as possible
i cant say enough good things about the NW studio, but there are other sets out there that are vastly superior in sound quality.post #231 of 6116/21/11 at 2:21am
My mx 980 arrived today. Very nice packing, maybe too nice, it took me about 10 mins to unpack. :). This earbud is beatiful with solid build quality. Sounds amazing out of box, sort of hd 650 flavor with the ear pads. I prefer it without the foams though, much more clearer. Compare to pk2, it has better soundstage, fuller mids and much deeper bass. I am very satisfied with sq so far.
Edited by fdhfdy - 6/21/11 at 2:49ampost #232 of 6116/21/11 at 6:45ampost #233 of 6116/21/11 at 11:01ampost #234 of 6116/22/11 at 1:06ampost #235 of 6116/23/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Lately, I've been using the BeB The Blacks and enjoying the hell out of them. I got some multicolored pads for earbuds and have been having a lot of fun with them. Out of the fiio e11, the bass is very smooth. Its definitely better bass than the 9wave for example, but the BeB mids and Highs are less clear and the stage is smaller.
But man, the BeBs are like $20 new, awesome bargain if you ask me. As for burn in, with earbuds its usually even more minimal than usual but with the MX980, the drivers are so large that odds are good it will require a bit more burn in. I am a firm believer in burn in and anything with a dynamic driver should learn to vibrate more. Much like a drum, if you know anything about drum covers. New and out of the box they might feel and sound a bit different than a few years down the road, but there is a psychological aspect to it all as well that is equally as important, much like ultrasones S logic, it takes some getting used to and once your ears realize what the hell is being piped into them, the stage opens up and the entire experience is noticeably different than the first listenpost #236 of 6116/30/11 at 9:18pmpost #237 of 6117/6/11 at 7:46pmpost #238 of 6117/7/11 at 9:22amThread Starterpost #239 of 6117/8/11 at 3:28am
Well, since yesterday my OK3 have a loose connection in the plug and I have to use the stock Sansa earbuds for my bicycle rides to work at the moment.
This is breaking my heart (and ears), so I am glad to hear the 9W are coming out soon. Or will I just get myself another pair of OK3, because I do like them? HmmmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shure SE846 or Ultimate Ears UE11? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 5 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 6 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear