For those who asked, I have a set of Beyer DTX10's on the way and am currently burning in the BEB 328R, expect a write up on them before the end of next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey I enjoyed this guide thanks but the Sony E888 and ATH-CM700 are missing... ;)
Hmmm I think I have to try the Piano Forte's...
Dang! So many new earbuds! I'm pretty happy with the ones I've got (I mostly use the ATH CM700TI, Yuin PK2 and AKG K319), but I have to say that the 9Wave NW studio and the BEB 328R look very interesting.
I don't know anything about the DTX10's you just reviewed as $5 sounding earbuds, but couldn't it be just another fake from China? The housing looks 90% identical to the Sony E888's, or rather the the fake E888's, which go for $5 all over ebay, they cost around $90 legit.
P.s. where can you get the Yuin PK3 for $30? I'm seeing $39 on head-direct +$10 shipping.
I hope its not a fake, I got it from a reputable seller in a sealed new beyerdynamic box. I really wouldn't know the difference if it were a fake because its the first time ive ever seen or held one. But, the molding of the holding has that crease in it, and its sharp. Sliced my ear pretty good as soon as I tried to reposition it.
I see Pk3s being sold right here on head fi for dirt cheap and sometimes on ebay for $30 with free shipping.
I don't know if they are fake but I always thought of buying the Beyer's. Always stopped even at $15-$20 because they have a rep for being quite bad. Not even the DTX40 is supposedly very good although that would be the one to get if you were so inclined.
Maybe their new stuff is good; if you like decorations/charms hanging from your buds. More of a aesthetic gimmic and I don't think Beyer is really taking buds seriously enough.
I did try the DTX35 and while not an earbud(a behind the neck portable) they were extremely bad. Another Head-fier called them garbage. A bit strong. Suck badly maybe and similar to swbf2cheaters "sound like $5 headphones" would be exactly right.
Edited by jant71 - 5/30/11 at 9:46am
They aren't bad, but I've heard a lot better. They sounded really mid-centric to me though. Played around with the fit and everything. They were airy though, really airy :)
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/30/11 at 4:21pm
I actually think beyer as a hifi brand are over rated here on headfi. Of course, they have their good expensive phones, but a lot of the line up lower down is crap and not worth the $ at all. Just relying on the 'beyer' name I guess.
I can only say guys, that I have had my MX980s for well over a year now and still love them. I have had no thoughts whatsoever regarding upgrading earbuds. These are just the best FOR ME. I was ready to buy another pair the moment I thought I lost them, but they were just hiding in a deep pocket ;)
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › ALO The Island USB DAC! 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic Gr07 Classic Edition (Blue) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 or K7xx 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-840 Amp Recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)