For those who asked, I have a set of Beyer DTX10's on the way and am currently burning in the BEB 328R, expect a write up on them before the end of next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHisoundaudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey I enjoyed this guide thanks but the Sony E888 and ATH-CM700 are missing... ;)
Hmmm I think I have to try the Piano Forte's...
Dang! So many new earbuds! I'm pretty happy with the ones I've got (I mostly use the ATH CM700TI, Yuin PK2 and AKG K319), but I have to say that the 9Wave NW studio and the BEB 328R look very interesting.
I don't know anything about the DTX10's you just reviewed as $5 sounding earbuds, but couldn't it be just another fake from China? The housing looks 90% identical to the Sony E888's, or rather the the fake E888's, which go for $5 all over ebay, they cost around $90 legit.
P.s. where can you get the Yuin PK3 for $30? I'm seeing $39 on head-direct +$10 shipping.
I hope its not a fake, I got it from a reputable seller in a sealed new beyerdynamic box. I really wouldn't know the difference if it were a fake because its the first time ive ever seen or held one. But, the molding of the holding has that crease in it, and its sharp. Sliced my ear pretty good as soon as I tried to reposition it.
I see Pk3s being sold right here on head fi for dirt cheap and sometimes on ebay for $30 with free shipping.
I don't know if they are fake but I always thought of buying the Beyer's. Always stopped even at $15-$20 because they have a rep for being quite bad. Not even the DTX40 is supposedly very good although that would be the one to get if you were so inclined.
Maybe their new stuff is good; if you like decorations/charms hanging from your buds. More of a aesthetic gimmic and I don't think Beyer is really taking buds seriously enough.
I did try the DTX35 and while not an earbud(a behind the neck portable) they were extremely bad. Another Head-fier called them garbage. A bit strong. Suck badly maybe and similar to swbf2cheaters "sound like $5 headphones" would be exactly right.
Edited by jant71 - 5/30/11 at 9:46am
They aren't bad, but I've heard a lot better. They sounded really mid-centric to me though. Played around with the fit and everything. They were airy though, really airy :)
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/30/11 at 4:21pm
I actually think beyer as a hifi brand are over rated here on headfi. Of course, they have their good expensive phones, but a lot of the line up lower down is crap and not worth the $ at all. Just relying on the 'beyer' name I guess.
I can only say guys, that I have had my MX980s for well over a year now and still love them. I have had no thoughts whatsoever regarding upgrading earbuds. These are just the best FOR ME. I was ready to buy another pair the moment I thought I lost them, but they were just hiding in a deep pocket ;)
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Please help me with advise, which headphones should I buy 8 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Rock/Metal? 5 minutes ago
- › Downgrading of kbps when converting WAV. to ALAC in iTunes? 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Instructions regarding the installation of USB DAC driver! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni for Sale 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by countolaf
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital