For those who asked, I have a set of Beyer DTX10's on the way and am currently burning in the BEB 328R, expect a write up on them before the end of next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey I enjoyed this guide thanks but the Sony E888 and ATH-CM700 are missing... ;)
Hmmm I think I have to try the Piano Forte's...
Dang! So many new earbuds! I'm pretty happy with the ones I've got (I mostly use the ATH CM700TI, Yuin PK2 and AKG K319), but I have to say that the 9Wave NW studio and the BEB 328R look very interesting.
I don't know anything about the DTX10's you just reviewed as $5 sounding earbuds, but couldn't it be just another fake from China? The housing looks 90% identical to the Sony E888's, or rather the the fake E888's, which go for $5 all over ebay, they cost around $90 legit.
P.s. where can you get the Yuin PK3 for $30? I'm seeing $39 on head-direct +$10 shipping.
I hope its not a fake, I got it from a reputable seller in a sealed new beyerdynamic box. I really wouldn't know the difference if it were a fake because its the first time ive ever seen or held one. But, the molding of the holding has that crease in it, and its sharp. Sliced my ear pretty good as soon as I tried to reposition it.
I see Pk3s being sold right here on head fi for dirt cheap and sometimes on ebay for $30 with free shipping.
I don't know if they are fake but I always thought of buying the Beyer's. Always stopped even at $15-$20 because they have a rep for being quite bad. Not even the DTX40 is supposedly very good although that would be the one to get if you were so inclined.
Maybe their new stuff is good; if you like decorations/charms hanging from your buds. More of a aesthetic gimmic and I don't think Beyer is really taking buds seriously enough.
I did try the DTX35 and while not an earbud(a behind the neck portable) they were extremely bad. Another Head-fier called them garbage. A bit strong. Suck badly maybe and similar to swbf2cheaters "sound like $5 headphones" would be exactly right.
Edited by jant71 - 5/30/11 at 9:46am
They aren't bad, but I've heard a lot better. They sounded really mid-centric to me though. Played around with the fit and everything. They were airy though, really airy :)
Edited by tinyman392 - 5/30/11 at 4:21pm
I actually think beyer as a hifi brand are over rated here on headfi. Of course, they have their good expensive phones, but a lot of the line up lower down is crap and not worth the $ at all. Just relying on the 'beyer' name I guess.
Very earnest review, I appreciate your work and those times that I miss my PK-#'s I have this "not-so-little" swbf2cheater voice in my head saying "dude, the MX-#80 kills it."
I want to put some MX-#80's "to the test"...
I can only say guys, that I have had my MX980s for well over a year now and still love them. I have had no thoughts whatsoever regarding upgrading earbuds. These are just the best FOR ME. I was ready to buy another pair the moment I thought I lost them, but they were just hiding in a deep pocket ;)
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 17 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 33 seconds ago
- › Can't seem to wrap my head around impedance - Is 40 ohm good if I'm... 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › How to make a comprehensive head-fi review? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C10 new device - unboxing now 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3