Right now there are some sellers on Ebay who list the MX980 at $150US. I've watched them for weeks and sometimes they do not get any bidders, so it can be purchased for $150 or so these days. The mx980 is the most odd case of pricing I've ever seen. It fluctuates seemingly every few months. I originally purchased them from BHphoto for $160 new right when they came out, then I saw them jacked up in price to $175, then 180, and now $200. I've seen them on ebay listed for $250+ and people bidding on them. I'd pay it, they are worth every penny hehe
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K319GRY Ear Buds Greytagged by System, 1/4/11
- product"Black Buds" HDSS® Earbudstagged by System, 7/22/11
- productDunu 5X 150 earbudstagged by System, 2/24/12
- productHiSoundAudio Paa1 Protagged by jdavishuddler, 9/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 580 Stereo Headphones with Intergrated Volume Controltagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproductiontagged by System, 1/4/11
- productSunrise Audio Charmtagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYuin OK1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11More
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by System, 1/4/11
- productYUIN PK3 Earbudstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new earbuds, any help would be much appreciated... Last post on 8/11/11 at 11:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed. Last post on 6/25/11 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM comparable to Sennheiser MX-880 earbuds Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does Sennheiser make any NON in-ear earbuds? Last post on 1/10/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 8post #106 of 6113/26/11 at 8:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 6114/1/11 at 5:14pmThread Starterpost #108 of 6114/18/11 at 11:40pmpost #109 of 6114/19/11 at 12:24am
yes, compares to JVC Gumy there are better...I speak ironically....post #110 of 6114/19/11 at 1:12amThread Starter
Well, its true the apple buds are not as bad as people say, but they are the same price as the Mx580 and the Pk3....both of which are much nicer and more clear sounding. I don't think they would fit in with the rest of the crowd. As for the Sonys, they were put into the review because they are, at least to me, mini Sunrise Charms. To be honest I included it because I was bored and to sap some more views on this topic. Its not as popular as I had hoped so I don't really want to do anymore reviews heh but I'll review anything anyone wants so long as they send me a free set :)post #111 of 6114/20/11 at 5:47pmpost #112 of 6114/20/11 at 6:23pmThread Starter
Ya, I recently got called bias on some other audio site. I had to post there and put them in their place, I was pretty hurt they felt I was bias and that the yuins were better than the Mx980
all i can say is lol :\post #113 of 6114/20/11 at 7:51pm
^i would prefer the mx980 over any of my other earbuds or iems (except the fx700 of course) at any day.
because i think it sounds really better and unique in his own right.
specially when we talk about its amazing ability - the sizzling highs.
its not piercing at all.
its really heaven...
just how you described it before...
those words are really dangerous.
the soundstage is really awesome too...
and those little atom size details...its there.
what it really lacks, i think, that people may prefer yuin more over the mx980 is its...warmth and fun sig.
the mx980 is dead cold. its neutral but leaning slightly towards the highs.
but all in a good way, theres a touch of warmth-ness if you are listening to a jazz/blues...its there.
if its there, youll hear it clearly and cleanly in the mx980.
better to me than most BA iems (tf10, sm3, um3x, ortofon eq7)
there is something in the mx980 that is worth owning and keeping.
its not only the merging of two companies - sennheiser plus the bmw to create this gorgeous beauty, but also the tuning, the design...
the different kind of experience that you will unlikely find in most earbuds.
almost everything in this earbud, is shining with awesomeness.
i only have the pk2 with me before....
i sold it.
because i already have the best in my possession - and its the MX980.
for now, i never had the heart to sell this earbud, and that's because nothing else in the market can beat it......yet. (probably the famous discontinued blox, but, havent heard it yet)
to many, yuins maybe better,
we respect that.
but to those with unique ears like us...
its the mx980.
im glad and proud to be an mx980 user.
i salute those who value and use this earbud.
Edited by pinoyman - 4/20/11 at 8:02pmpost #114 of 6114/20/11 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by swbf2cheater
Well, its true the apple buds are not as bad as people say, but they are the same price as the Mx580 and the Pk3....both of which are much nicer and more clear sounding. I don't think they would fit in with the rest of the crowd. As for the Sonys, they were put into the review because they are, at least to me, mini Sunrise Charms. To be honest I included it because I was bored and to sap some more views on this topic. Its not as popular as I had hoped so I don't really want to do anymore reviews heh but I'll review anything anyone wants so long as they send me a free set :)
Actually genuine iBuds can be purchased off ebay for only $7 shipped. IMO they sound better than the EP10.post #115 of 6114/20/11 at 10:03pmThread Starterpost #116 of 6114/21/11 at 2:27ampost #117 of 6114/21/11 at 2:45am
Does anyone know of a dealer that sells the 9Waves and delivers to the UK please?
I have the chance to pick up some used ATH-CM700s, are these any good? Or should I just spend the extra £45 and buy some new MX980s from Amazon?
Edited by Hi-fi Wigwammer - 4/21/11 at 2:49ampost #118 of 6114/21/11 at 3:37amThread Starter
No word yet on the NW studio, but the pro versions have been available for a few weeks. However they are not for someone on a budget heh, they are well over $200 US. My advice is to stick it out and wait for the NW studio release. We have to be patient, 9wave is a small company and that disaster in japan isn't helping. Mr. Fujii just emailed me last night and said things are just now returning to normal, so we will see how things for for the NW studio. So far everyone who has touched them loved them or liked them a lot, we are still waiting on LFFs review, hopefully he will post his review so someone else can have a chance to get their demo set. Its really not that far off from the OK1 which is 5x the price, but its definitely much more fun, lively, bright and forward compared to it, and it doesnt require amping to sound excellent...but best of all its MUCH safer for your ears than any earbud that I am aware of. I'll never touch any of the OK or PK series ever again, the only set I would actually use over the 9wave would be the mx980 only because of its sheer untouchable audio quality...but its still no where near as fun to use as the NW Studio or the PK1 was.
The CM700 is poorly rated, and I cant say enough good things about the MX980. The CM 707 is something I would love to review, I've never used either so i cant say anything about them except not many people seem to have them, which may be an indicator they are not that good. I recommend the mx980 if you have a high budget and dont mind some possible poor fitting issues.
Edited by swbf2cheater - 4/21/11 at 3:39ampost #119 of 6114/21/11 at 3:58ampost #120 of 6114/21/11 at 6:34am
Yeah, thank you Mike.
Of course things in Japan haven't exactly been smooth, and compared to that a few weeks' wait should be no trouble to us. :-)
But actually, I quite like my OK3... maybe just for a lack of hearing anything betterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AudioQuest - Cinnamon TosLink (Full to Mini, 1.5m) 57 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 15 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 20 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 21 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 day ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 day ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear