what do you guys think I am trying to find the best all around headphone for gaming/music. I have heard that the audio technica headphones do fairly well for gaming and they have a really nice sound stage. I need to know the pro and cons of the open vs closed ear headphones. Is the extra 100 dollars or so worth the open design? Also, where can i order these for the guaranteed lowest price?
Related Forum Threads
- $200,$300 headphone, DT770 80ohm for gaming/music or? Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Move over AD700 and other mid-fi headphones, Onn is in town!!!... Who??? (Canadian's REJOICE!) Last post on 10/14/13 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- THE definite pair of cans for gaming, music, AND movies? What do you think? Last post on 6/26/10 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing over ear headphones under 200 Last post on 7/12/12 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 or NEW Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Last post on 8/28/14 at 6:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
ATH AD900 vs ATH A900post #1 of 612/29/10 at 3:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 612/29/10 at 3:49pm
Neither headphone gets a lot of keystrokes here, but both are highly regarded - the AD900 is generally regarded as a better choice for gaming. I havent heard the A900, but my time with the A500 convinced me that the first few explosions in a shooter might be fantastic, but it soon gets tiring. For music, some complain that the AD900 doesnt have enough bass impact for them, but those who perservere are soon won over by the overall balance of these headphones. I dont have your budget, but my opinion is that its worth the extra to get the open phones.
estreeterpost #3 of 612/29/10 at 4:11pm
I don't know about the AD900 vs. A900, but in AD700 vs. A700 the open design sounds a lot better. The biggest difference is the sound stage (which is rather important in gaming). Regardless, if you want a lot of bass, neither the AD900 nor the A900 will do it for you.post #4 of 612/29/10 at 4:18pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso
I don't know about the AD900 vs. A900, but in AD700 vs. A700 the open design sounds a lot better. The biggest difference is the sound stage (which is rather important in gaming). Regardless, if you want a lot of bass, neither the AD900 nor the A900 will do it for you.
Do you know what other headphones that their bass is comparable to? I would imagine that it is much better than the Sh***y Astro a40's i had. I also had a pair of the turtle beach X4 headphones and their bass wasnt anything stellar but still better than that of their astro counterparts. I am not looking for Dj head thumping headphones but something that can deliver a nice amount of bass would be nice while maintaining a clean soundstage. From what i have read the AD900's have a decent amount of bass. Perhaps you know of something that is similar in productivity in the same price range ?
Edited by Lickmycans - 12/29/10 at 4:21pmpost #5 of 612/29/10 at 10:33pm
I've got A900s and AD1000s. I generally prefer the ADs, unless I want to block communication with my wife (outside noise is blocked a lot easier with the A900s) or listening to bass heavy music.post #6 of 612/29/10 at 11:33pm
I used to have the A900 (little brother broke them :( :( ). I never the felt that the bass was especially lacking. However wearing them for extended periods may get uncomfortable, as the heat will build up. You'll also need to replace the cheap pleather pads on a regular basis. However the closed design will prevent you from annoying your entourage if you're gaming where other people do stuff.
I'm also currently on the lookout for new phones (AD900, AD2000 or W1000x, haven't decided yet) so I am interested in what others will reply in the "where to get them" department.
- ATH AD900 vs ATH A900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HELP! I want to get a hd558 but i've run into problems! 14 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 46 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › portable on-ear headphones under 80$ 2 minutes ago
- › CE6P - Cosmic Ears--- CIEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2