Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 661

post #9901 of 24940
Come yo think of it, it really depended on the recording. But what I remember is that I didn't have a lot of room to work with in some cases.
post #9902 of 24940

Ear Zonk G-Cush pads on their way to me eventually :D

post #9903 of 24940

rocking the L-cushed 500 tonight, listening to some blues and jazz

post #9904 of 24940

And the only other Alabamian on head-fi is rockin his woodied 225s with taped L cushes!

post #9905 of 24940
hi hi, everybody very new here. used to have a pair of senn hd 280 pros but never had the chance to properly drive them before they were stolen. just recently got a pair of SR 80i's and already doing some mods. so far i have them fitted with beyer pads and looking to get those drivers into some mahogany cups.

recently one of the half ring holders detached from the metal peg. i COULD just glue it back but i think i'll replace the headband with the sony MDR-7506 band.
post #9906 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkardona View Post

hi hi, everybody very new here. used to have a pair of senn hd 280 pros but never had the chance to properly drive them before they were stolen. just recently got a pair of SR 80i's and already doing some mods. so far i have them fitted with beyer pads and looking to get those drivers into some mahogany cups.

recently one of the half ring holders detached from the metal peg. i COULD just glue it back but i think i'll replace the headband with the sony MDR-7506 band.

Welcome, I have the SR80i, and I purchased the Vibrolabs (classic) mahogany wooden cups for them and they are$110.00, sometimes less on eBay, they are really nice looking cup. Also if you are unaware, try the Grado (L) cushions with the 80's, they sound great!!!

BTW, the drivers must be liberated to fit into these cups, if you are interested in them.

post #9907 of 24940
i've found the mahogany cups for $95 but vibro labs had them listed as backordered. i honestly don't have any soldering experience otherwise i would have considered these ebony cups. http://bit.ly/H2krHK
post #9908 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

And the only other Alabamian on head-fi is rockin his woodied 225s with taped L cushes!

looooooved my 225's taped !

post #9909 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

looooooved my 225's taped !

I still looooove mine taped.

 

In other news, and OT, I am currently evaluating the Alpha Dogs.  total, and I mean total opposite of the 225i's.  Except the soundstage is similar.

post #9910 of 24940

anyone have some modded grados for sale? Preferably around or under 250 or so.

post #9911 of 24940

can someone compare magnum v 4's with grado's?

post #9912 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

anyone have some modded grados for sale? Preferably around or under 250 or so.

 

The F/S section had a pair of SR-325 drivers in wooden cups, Turbulent Labs 6/7 foot cable, etc. Price was $250 + shipping from Canada.  The seller is a good member here.

 

Edit: Here is the link to the item. http://www.head-fi.org/t/685711/beautiful-wooden-grado-sr-325-modded


Edited by wje - 10/16/13 at 8:45pm
post #9913 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

can someone compare magnum v 4's with grado's?

 

That can be a hard question to answer. The Grado lineup contains several models, and there are differences between them. But, to answer your question generically because I've owned the Magnum v.4 drivers in the past in wooden cups -- The Magnum would fall somewhere between the SR-325i and the RS1i.  The sound would be better than the 325i, but quite possibly not quite as refined as the RS1i.  When I had mine, I also had the Grado HF-2.  I thought the Magnum v.4 edged it out by a slight margin, so I ended up selling my HF-2 at the time.

post #9914 of 24940
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

The F/S section had a pair of SR-325 drivers in wooden cups, Turbulent Labs 6/7 foot cable, etc. Price was $250 + shipping from Canada.  The seller is a good member here.

 

Edit: Here is the link to the item. http://www.head-fi.org/t/685711/beautiful-wooden-grado-sr-325-modded

those are absolutely stunning.

 

 

 

I can't afford anything ATM but I've been really wanting to get a pair of modded grados. I had a pair of woodied sr125i's but sold them after getting my magnums because I wanted to replace the funds I had just lost.

 

 

 

really shouldn't have done that. Oh well. 

post #9915 of 24940
Enjoying Dacmini+MS2i combo right now with some tracks from Lamb of God and Eluveitie, boy this headphones sure can handle metal pretty awesome, the timbre, and the PRaT is excellent, but the technicality is not as good as the RS1i (surely biggrin.gif ) though.. I'm PRaT-ically in love with my MS2i biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!