or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 657

post #9841 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


uhhhhhhhhh, wrong, both counts, no tape for me

detail, delicacy, resolution= rs1i

a little more umph  = ps500

 

no harm in trying:blink:

I agree, I tried the tape on the (L) with the RS's and like you said, "no tape for me".

post #9842 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWorne View Post

I could never get on with the reversed quarter modded comfies, but maybe that was because I cut more than a quarter sized hole out... Very uncomfortable.
Comfies in general I don't think I like comfort wise, but you are positioned close enough for some nice bass.
The L Cush I wasn't sure about as I only tried some quickly, but they really didn't suit my ears. Are they on-ear or over-ear? Very awkward for me. The lower end in general seemed *****, but most likely because of the poor fit on me.
Just waiting for my G cush to arrive now biggrin.gif
Will most definitely have to try the tape in them! smily_headphones1.gif

I cut the same exact size hole as the driver side hole, they fit much better and didn't deform from streching them over the driver cup.

post #9843 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I cut the same exact size hole as the driver side hole, they fit much better and didn't deform from streching them over the driver cup.
The best way to me, to improve Grado comfort is by stretching the headband or put it on 3-4 thick dictionary book for around 20min~ That's what I did to mine biggrin.gif

I find the Grado to be too bright for The Script #3 Album... Am I the only one? They sound so piercing D: the only album that. I do not like listening with my Grado xD

It however exhale in the album Device by Device
post #9844 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


The best way to me, to improve Grado comfort is by stretching the headband or put it on 3-4 thick dictionary book for around 20min~ That's what I did to mine biggrin.gif

I find the Grado to be too bright for The Script #3 Album... Am I the only one? They sound so piercing D: the only album that. I do not like listening with my Grado xD

It however exhale in the album Device by Device

No, I don't have any problem with the comfort of the Grado's at all. And yes, I pull all of the headbands almost into a straight line as soon as I get them, and I do this many times because the spring metals tends to try to go back to its original shape, but after doing it so many times, it stays where I'm comfortable. And I also have no comfort issues with the (L) cushions.

As far as the Script #3 I don't no if you are talking about, but if you mean the band "The Scipt", I only have one song from (Break Even) them and I don't find it harsh. 

post #9845 of 33884

Ha! the first thing that came to mind when I read "Diamonds and Rust" mentioned above...

 

This is the EXTENDED VERSION of Diamonds and Rust by S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death):

 

I was also a MetalHead my teen years and in my twenties, now in my mid thirties....well ...not so much!:biggrin: 

post #9846 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

No, I don't have any problem with the comfort of the Grado's at all. And yes, I pull all of the headbands almost into a straight line as soon as I get them, and I do this many times because the spring metals tends to try to go back to its original shape, but after doing it so many times, it stays where I'm comfortable. And I also have no comfort issues with the (L) cushions.
As far as the Script #3 I don't no if you are talking about, but if you mean the band "The Scipt", I only have one song from (Break Even) them and I don't find it harsh. 

Yes! I mean the band "The Script" and the album "#3"... Most songs sound bright with the Grados frown.gif at least, to me...
post #9847 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Yes! I mean the band "The Script" and the album "#3"... Most songs sound bright with the Grados frown.gif at least, to me...

I find a fair bit of music to be a bit too bright with the RS1is... they do tend to reveal poor recordings/masterings.  When that happens I try to find another source (if available).

post #9848 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Yes! I mean the band "The Script" and the album "#3"... Most songs sound bright with the Grados frown.gif at least, to me...
That's the god of rock's way of telling you to stay away from "The Script". 😉
post #9849 of 33884
The Script is not at all a bad band to me. biggrin.gif And I like listening to their albums with my Sony IEM XD but the Grado s just way too bright for it I guess?
post #9850 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Yeah, I made the Joan Baez comment and was correctly corrected-I was thinking of Diamonds and Rust and misspoke.

 

I was just musing to myself about Diamonds and Rust. As a teen in the late 70's and early 80s I was very influenced by the hard rock and early metal of the era and loved Judas Priest. Diamonds and Rust was indeed on the terrific live Priest Unleashed in the East-a personal favorite.

 

Nonetheless, I was exposed to a steady diet of 60's rock and folk that despite my hard rocking youth, profoundly affected my taste in music. In fact, I find in middle aged- a return to class rock, folk, prog and blues that I turned away from as a teen being drawn to more aggressive metal, punk and alternative.

 

Anyway,  I remember playing Diamonds and Rust and one of my parents friends telling me it was a Joan Baez song. Of course I dind't want to believe that-until I checked the liner notes. My parents had, in fact,  taken me and my siblings to see her. They took us to a lot of folk music that I probably rolled my eyes at-Peter Paul and Mary, Arlo Guthrie and Pete Segar, etc.  Now, many years later,  in my 40's I find myself turning to a lot of that great music. I find myself gobbling up remastered releases of The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Dylan, etc.

 

I remember Diamonds and Rust as being a generational divide of sorts.

 

And, both versions are fantastic listens...but I would still give the nod to the Priest version listening to my 225i's.......

 

Sounds pretty much like my up bringing.

 

I am 55 years old and the Beatles played constantly at my house, along with the Stones, the Who, Elvis......I got into metal pretty good as well and I also loved Judas Priest......I don't listen too much metal now....mostly rock, classic rock, southern rock, blues.

 

I too have gathered some remastered  releases of a lot of older stuff.

 

Lately I have found myself listening to a lot of Jeff Healey Band and Robert Cray.....just amazing music, except for last night I went back a few years and listened to the first Montrose album, Ronnie Montrose and Sammy Hagar were a great combo!.....where would we be without it fellas....what a great form of relaxation and release.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

Ha! the first thing that came to mind when I read "Diamonds and Rust" mentioned above...

 

This is the EXTENDED VERSION of Diamonds and Rust by S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death):

 

I was also a MetalHead my teen years and in my twenties, now in my mid thirties....well ...not so much!:biggrin:

Thanks for this wormsdriver.......it brings back memories of my younger years also....for sure.

post #9851 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I cut the same exact size hole as the driver side hole, they fit much better and didn't deform from streching them over the driver cup.

Is that not pointless? Surely that would mean that there is no point in reversing them as both sides are the same?
And is your ear not touchig the driver?
post #9852 of 33884
Oh and Wayne, had any time to do the comparison between cushions? smily_headphones1.gif
post #9853 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

The Script is not at all a bad band to me. biggrin.gif And I like listening to their albums with my Sony IEM XD but the Grado s just way too bright for it I guess?

Yeah, I think (Break Even)  is a very good song, but I don't have anything else.  I'll have to get some other material  from them. Also I haven't listened to that song with the RS's yet, only with the 325's, and I most everyone thinks the 325's are bright, but mine are not bright at all, and from my memory (Break Even sounded) fine with the 325's. I'll listen to it later on with the RS's and hear how it sounds. 

BTW, I like your Avatar, excellent movie, and Sean played the part excellent!!! As they all did!!! 

post #9854 of 33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

Ha! the first thing that came to mind when I read "Diamonds and Rust" mentioned above...

 

This is the EXTENDED VERSION of Diamonds and Rust by S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death):

 

I was also a MetalHead my teen years and in my twenties, now in my mid thirties....well ...not so much!:biggrin:

Be careful. I thought I kicked the habit. But went through a metal mid aged renaissance in my late 30's. Ten years ago! However, age does smooth the ages in some of us and I find myself embracing blues, jazz, and the classic folk, prog and psychedelic music that ran through my parents household in the 70's and 80's. I even found myself picking up J.Cash and W. Nelson anthologies....thanks Dad!

post #9855 of 33884

Speaking of guitars, oldies, music, etc., the following has turned out to be a real surprise to me.  Al Di Meola has released "All Your Life (A Tribute to the Beatles") a few weeks back.  No vocals.  Just Al and his guitar covering the songs we all know.  Pretty amazing -- and I'm not the biggest die-hard Beatles fan either.  The details of his playing is excellent when heard through Grados.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!