Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 656

post #9826 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Let us know what you think about the (G) cushions with the RS's.

Maybe I'll tape my (L) cushions and listen how they sound.


i'm taping L's while listening to g's

 

i could go really crazy and tape the G's , would that be a super G ??


Edited by jaywillin - 10/12/13 at 1:49pm
post #9827 of 25003

I use the G cushion every once in awhile with my RS1i....just as a little change of pace.

 

I have not tried it yet with my MAD EAR.

post #9828 of 25003

When I get back later i'm going to tape the (L) cushions and hear how they sound. Although I'm not a bass head at all and I think the RS's have a very nice natural bass. From my experimentig I most probably won't like them taped, I am a big fan of the (L) cushion (stock), but I will try it. And for that matter I also enjoy the (S) cushions reverse quarter modded, but not as much as the (L).

 

I'd like to hear some impressions with the (G) cushion taped on the RS1's though!

If I like some of the impressions, maybe I'll pick up another pair and try them taped on the RS's.

post #9829 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


i just put the g cush on my rs1i, hmmmmmmmm, and hadn't thought about it, but i really interested in the L cush taped on the rs1i

listening to some peter green at the moment

Yea....Green Manilishi !

post #9830 of 25003
I could never get on with the reversed quarter modded comfies, but maybe that was because I cut more than a quarter sized hole out... Very uncomfortable.
Comfies in general I don't think I like comfort wise, but you are positioned close enough for some nice bass.
The L Cush I wasn't sure about as I only tried some quickly, but they really didn't suit my ears. Are they on-ear or over-ear? Very awkward for me. The lower end in general seemed *****, but most likely because of the poor fit on me.
Just waiting for my G cush to arrive now biggrin.gif
Will most definitely have to try the tape in them! smily_headphones1.gif
post #9831 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


i'm taping L's while listening to g's

i could go really crazy and tape the G's , would that be a super G ??
Taping Gs made no difference at all.
post #9832 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

When I get back later i'm going to tape the (L) cushions and hear how they sound. Although I'm not a bass head at all and I think the RS's have a very nice natural bass. From my experimentig I most probably won't like them taped, I am a big fan of the (L) cushion (stock), but I will try it. And for that matter I also enjoy the (S) cushions reverse quarter modded, but not as much as the (L).

I'd like to hear some impressions with the (G) cushion taped on the RS1's though!
If I like some of the impressions, maybe I'll pick up another pair and try them taped on the RS's.
I'm going to guess that I'll like the taped L better than a taped G
post #9833 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


I'm going to guess that I'll like the taped L better than a taped G


uhhhhhhhhh, wrong, both counts, no tape for me

detail, delicacy, resolution= rs1i

a little more umph  = ps500

 

no harm in trying:blink:


Edited by jaywillin - 10/12/13 at 5:09pm
post #9834 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Yea....Green Manilishi !

Which version ? I remember loving the Judas Priest version and then realizing it was a Joan Baez song!

 

I'm rocking Quadrophenia which I just picked up. I don't think I've heard Q in about 25 years. Sound terrific on my 225 through my main system.


Edited by markm1 - 10/12/13 at 6:46pm
post #9835 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Which version ? I remember loving the Judas Priest version and then realizing it was a Joan Baez song!

 

I'm rocking Quadrophenia which I just picked up. I don't think I've heard Q in about 25 years. Sound terrific on my 225 through my main system.

 

That's "Diamonds and Rust" you're thinking about...

post #9836 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Which version ? I remember loving the Judas Priest version and then realizing it was a Joan Baez song!

 

I'm rocking Quadrophenia which I just picked up. I don't think I've heard Q in about 25 years. Sound terrific on my 225 through my main system.

+1.  That album is perfect for the 225.  My all-time favorite Who album, and way up in my must-have recordings

post #9837 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Which version ? I remember loving the Judas Priest version and then realizing it was a Joan Baez song!

 

I'm rocking Quadrophenia which I just picked up. I don't think I've heard Q in about 25 years. Sound terrific on my 225 through my main system.

Jay said he was listening to Peter Green....which made me think of Green Manilishi

 

You are also correct that Judas Priest also did a version of this, I believe on the Unleashed In The East album....I also like Judas Priest version as well.

post #9838 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Jay said he was listening to Peter Green....which made me think of Green Manilishi

 

You are also correct that Judas Priest also did a version of this, I believe on the Unleashed In The East album....I also like Judas Priest version as well.

 

I heard (and loved) the Judas Priest version first on the live album you mention (which also has "Diamonds and Rust" which is a Joan Baez song)... only later to discover the original, which was absolutely stunning.  The version on the first volume of FMac's Live in Boston album is incredible.

post #9839 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Jay said he was listening to Peter Green....which made me think of Green Manilishi

 

You are also correct that Judas Priest also did a version of this, I believe on the Unleashed In The East album....I also like Judas Priest version as well.

And while listening to Peter Green, I did indeed listen to Green Manilish

post #9840 of 25003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgard Varese View Post
 

 

I heard (and loved) the Judas Priest version first on the live album you mention (which also has "Diamonds and Rust" which is a Joan Baez song)... only later to discover the original, which was absolutely stunning.  The version on the first volume of FMac's Live in Boston album is incredible.

Yeah, I made the Joan Baez comment and was correctly corrected-I was thinking of Diamonds and Rust and misspoke.

 

I was just musing to myself about Diamonds and Rust. As a teen in the late 70's and early 80s I was very influenced by the hard rock and early metal of the era and loved Judas Priest. Diamonds and Rust was indeed on the terrific live Priest Unleashed in the East-a personal favorite.

 

Nonetheless, I was exposed to a steady diet of 60's rock and folk that despite my hard rocking youth, profoundly affected my taste in music. In fact, I find in middle aged- a return to class rock, folk, prog and blues that I turned away from as a teen being drawn to more aggressive metal, punk and alternative.

 

Anyway,  I remember playing Diamonds and Rust and one of my parents friends telling me it was a Joan Baez song. Of course I dind't want to believe that-until I checked the liner notes. My parents had, in fact,  taken me and my siblings to see her. They took us to a lot of folk music that I probably rolled my eyes at-Peter Paul and Mary, Arlo Guthrie and Pete Segar, etc.  Now, many years later,  in my 40's I find myself turning to a lot of that great music. I find myself gobbling up remastered releases of The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Dylan, etc.

 

I remember Diamonds and Rust as being a generational divide of sorts.

 

And, both versions are fantastic listens...but I would still give the nod to the Priest version listening to my 225i's.......


Edited by markm1 - 10/12/13 at 7:57pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!