- 1,668 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Chaska MN
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/20/15 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 637
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Did you only pay $1.35 for the TTVJ flats? Might have missed a digit.
But, you are correct. It can be either a love or hate relationship with the pads. As a lesser cost alternative option to try, consider the Sennheiser HD-414 pads and perform the reverse-quarter mod. They are a softer pad, and could potentially have somewhat of an effect on the frequency (good or bad) depending on how you perceive it. But at less than $5.00 a pair at B&H, it's a pretty good price ... even if you don't like them, or the funky yellow color.
No I paid $1.35 for the shipping and $35.00 for the pads.
I've also tried the reverse quarter mod and the (G) cushions, but I prefer the (L) cushions for the Grado models that I have. It is not a sound or comfort issue for me at all, I was just exploring.
Edited by joseph69 - 9/30/13 at 5:51am
Hahaha, i wouldn't say that you are.
Maybe you can switch on a weekly basis? ;P
the GR10's are amazing, i can understand your decision
$35 for the pads? That's quite a lot.
Considering there's just one vendor that you can get them from, it's just a not having competition. But, it's also hard to tell how much TTVJ actually has to pay to get them into their inventory. Since they are a bit more of a specialized pad, they might have to pay a bit more, too.
As I've said before, Grado pads are cheap compared to the velour ear pads on the Sennheiser HD-580/600/650 as they run about $58.00 a pair.
Yeah its a lot, but what could I do, I wanted to try them, so know I know their not for me.
After all this isn't lets make a deal, you have to pay if you want something.
The thing is that the Jaben reseller here sells their S-cush and L-cush at around $17 post conversion.
(though the G-cush is much closer to $35)
The Grado (G) cushions are $45.00, I once tried them also but they weren't for me either.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Objectivists board room 26 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 4 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2