Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 618

post #9256 of 17211

Enjoying my RS1i!

 

I've also had a MS1 & MS-Pro I wish I never sold.

 

 

:)

post #9257 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post

Enjoying my RS1i!

I've also had a MS1 & MS-Pro I wish I never sold.




smily_headphones1.gif

So, so beautiful. I need to find some for demo (ok I actually need to never demo them cause i think i know what'll happen LOL)
post #9258 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post
 

Enjoying my RS1i!

 

I've also had a MS1 & MS-Pro I wish I never sold.

 

 

:)

 

Nice man ! What do you preffer for metal , rs1i or ms-pro?

post #9259 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post

 

Nice man ! What do you preffer for metal , rs1i or ms-pro?

 



Both very good, but if I only had one choice it would be MS-Pro.
post #9260 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenn21 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post
 

 

Nice man ! What do you preffer for metal , rs1i or ms-pro?

 



Both very good, but if I only had one choice it would be MS-Pro.

 

For metal music ?'-' 

post #9261 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post

 

For metal music ?'-' 

 



Yes, the MS-Pro is pretty kickass for metal beleive it or not. smily_headphones1.gif
post #9262 of 17211
Is it worth upgrading from SR60i to RS1i? Or possibly the PS500? What amp would you guys prefer for it? I'm addicted to Grado sound signature and kind of hated Sennheiser sound signature now all thanks to the Grado SR60i xD

Does the RS1i have better accuracy?
Edited by BillsonChang007 - 9/9/13 at 9:20pm
post #9263 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Is it worth upgrading from SR60i to RS1i? Or possibly the PS500? What amp would you guys prefer for it? I'm addicted to Grado sound signature and kind of hated Sennheiser sound signature now all thanks to the Grado SR60i xD

Does the RS1i have better accuracy?

 

I went straight from the SR60/MS1 to RS1i a few weeks ago (I have owned the SR60s since 2007, and the MS1s since 2011).  It is most definitely an upgrade... more accurate, but also more refined than the SR60 (which I still do love and am hanging on to).

post #9264 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Is it worth upgrading from SR60i to RS1i? Or possibly the PS500? What amp would you guys prefer for it? I'm addicted to Grado sound signature and kind of hated Sennheiser sound signature now all thanks to the Grado SR60i xD

Does the RS1i have better accuracy?

 

It's definitely worth it, you can even buy mine 

:gs1000smile:

post #9265 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Is it worth upgrading from SR60i to RS1i? Or possibly the PS500? What amp would you guys prefer for it? I'm addicted to Grado sound signature and kind of hated Sennheiser sound signature now all thanks to the Grado SR60i xD



Does the RS1i have better accuracy?

 



If you hated the Sennheiser sound signature then go with the RS1 if you ask me.
post #9266 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgard Varese View Post

I went straight from the SR60/MS1 to RS1i a few weeks ago (I have owned the SR60s since 2007, and the MS1s since 2011).  It is most definitely an upgrade... more accurate, but also more refined than the SR60 (which I still do love and am hanging on to).

You got it---more REFINED. In EVERY area. Transparency, texture, gorgeous cymbal tics and plucked strings, vocal presence. RS1i = most fun cans I've ever had in house.

Accurate ---nope, that's not their strength.

IMHO
post #9267 of 17211
Hmm... If accurate is not it's strength, I think I will just upgrade to RS2i / SR325i/225i + the MA900 combo or something

Not exactly that I hate Sennheisernsound signature, but the highs... Sounds so ewwwwww to my ears after a few weeks with my SR60i xD

Why is it RS1i more expensive than PS500 isn't PS500 a better version? @.@
post #9268 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Hmm... If accurate is not it's strength, I think I will just upgrade to RS2i / SR325i/225i + the MA900 combo or something

Not exactly that I hate Sennheisernsound signature, but the highs... Sounds so ewwwwww to my ears after a few weeks with my SR60i xD

Why is it RS1i more expensive than PS500 isn't PS500 a better version? @.@

I LOVE the RS1i but don't think any Grado is the pinnacle of "accuracy"...

...but wouldn't suggest that anyone consider my IMHO in any buying decision.

Put 'em on your head and see what ya think!
post #9269 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Hmm... If accurate is not it's strength, I think I will just upgrade to RS2i / SR325i/225i + the MA900 combo or something

Not exactly that I hate Sennheisernsound signature, but the highs... Sounds so ewwwwww to my ears after a few weeks with my SR60i xD

Why is it RS1i more expensive than PS500 isn't PS500 a better version? @.@

 

RS1i and PS500 sound very different.

 

The PS500 has more rolled off highs compared to the RS1, and has a more elevated mid bass as well. This gives more weight to stuff like pop and some fun bassy genres, but sacrifices the elevated treble/upper mid that Grado's like the SR60 and RS1 have.

 

Not sure what Sennheiser you have, many of the models have very dull treble. Especially in comparison to Grado's which go above neutral.

 

Best to see if you can hear them first, if possible.

post #9270 of 17211
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefski View Post


You got it---more REFINED. In EVERY area. Transparency, texture, gorgeous cymbal tics and plucked strings, vocal presence. RS1i = most fun cans I've ever had in house.

Accurate ---nope, that's not their strength.

IMHO

 

Well, compared to the SR60 they are accurate... 

 

:D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!