or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 600

post #8986 of 27718
i think you'll find the bass will improve a bit once you get past the 100 hour mark. Obviously you won't reach the bass response of the LCD but it does get better. Also, I highly reccomend the TTVJ flat pads, they are a great match with the RS1s.
post #8987 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

i think you'll find the bass will improve a bit once you get past the 100 hour mark. Obviously you won't reach the bass response of the LCD but it does get better. Also, I highly reccomend the TTVJ flat pads, they are a great match with the RS1s.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think their sound will improve more when I get my little dot I, the only amp I have for them at the moment is the Meier classic which may not be a good match
post #8988 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

i think you'll find the bass will improve a bit once you get past the 100 hour mark. Obviously you won't reach the bass response of the LCD but it does get better. Also, I highly reccomend the TTVJ flat pads, they are a great match with the RS1s.

 

Thanks.  Back when I had the Magnums, we ordered some TTVJ flat pads.  While the pads are $35.00 a pair, the shipping was about $12.00 at the time.  So, another member and myself went ahead and made a single order for 2 pair.  Thus, we paid only $6.00 each for the shipping which seemed a bit more manageable.

post #8989 of 27718

got the bifrost ordered it'll be here soon,

this should be the last piece of hardware for a while,

deciding between the msii+, the dacIT, and bifrost

if i stay with the msii+, i could get another pair of grado's ! lol

post #8990 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

got the bifrost ordered it'll be here soon,

this should be the last piece of hardware for a while,

deciding between the msii+, the dacIT, and bifrost

if i stay with the msii+, i could get another pair of grado's ! lol

Yea, may as well snag a pair of RS1 to your collection :-)

post #8991 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Yea, may as well snag a pair of RS1 to your collection :-)
I saw some on the sale thread, it got me thinking that the hrt is pretty good (and it is) !
post #8992 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

got the bifrost ordered it'll be here soon,

this should be the last piece of hardware for a while,

deciding between the msii+, the dacIT, and bifrost

if i stay with the msii+, i could get another pair of grado's ! lol

This is truly a progressive disease!

 

Once I get the Oppo and the Alpha Dogs, I intend to take a break from headphone-related purchases for a while.  I have some home audio situations that need addressed, such as a new sub.

 

Then, I fully intend to focus on the GS1000's. 

 

In the meantime though, I am okay with the 225i's.  These are still my go-to headphones, and I am really appreciating the 'front-row'  presentation, which seems to be totally dependent on the source material, BTW.  I listened to a binaural recording from the Society of Sound the other day that pretty much freaked me out, as I felt that I was right in the middle of the venue, and with a soundstage that projected behind me as well as in front.  That kinda tells me that the Grado's are more accurate than a lot of people give them credit for as far as imaging goes.

post #8993 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

This is truly a progressive disease!

 

True, I got the sr80i as my first headphones, a year later I got the sr325is, but I was a little frustrated that I didn't have a pair of equivalent speakers so I got the Rti A1 pair of polk speakers. By the way, these speakers sound a lot like the sr325is.

post #8994 of 27718
Where can i buy grados sr60 that ship worldwide? And is the retail price 60 or 80 dollars?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
post #8995 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

This is truly a progressive disease!

 

Once I get the Oppo and the Alpha Dogs, I intend to take a break from headphone-related purchases for a while.  I have some home audio situations that need addressed, such as a new sub.

 

Then, I fully intend to focus on the GS1000's. 

 

 

 

The GS1ks are really becoming a favorite phone of mine. I had them on for next to 6hrs straight the other day, which is rare for me. I became so immersed in watching youtube videos of live concert performances that I completely lost track of time. 

 

I don't know what you're looking for spend on a sub, but if you want a couple suggestions let me know. 

post #8996 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

The GS1ks are really becoming a favorite phone of mine. I had them on for next to 6hrs straight the other day, which is rare for me. I became so immersed in watching youtube videos of live concert performances that I completely lost track of time. 

 

I don't know what you're looking for spend on a sub, but if you want a couple suggestions let me know. 

I'd hate to derail the thread.  But, since I occassionally leave my sub on while listening to Grado's so that I get that nice bass rumble, it may fit.  I currently have an Emotiiva Ultra 10, which does not have output below 30 Hz, which I needed due to the house it was in, and my nearfield configuration.  right now I'm looking at upgrading to the Rythmik 12SE or possibly an SVS SB12-NSD.  I'll probably go with Rythmik with the PEQ amp for the parametric EQ to tame a really fun node I have just below 80 Hz.

 

Listeningto Grado with an active sub may seem to defeat the purpose, but it is FUN

 

Any input would be cool

post #8997 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi3zu View Post

Where can i buy grados sr60 that ship worldwide? And is the retail price 60 or 80 dollars?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

 

In Malaysia around USD90 = RM300

post #8998 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakwan View Post

In Malaysia around USD90 = RM300

Yeah~ Malaysia facing financial problem right now maybe you should wait for a few month like later end of this year. Hopefully it will be back to normal! Not worsen :/

A lot of people here, Brunei headed to currency exchanger for this reason thought...

Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #8999 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I'd hate to derail the thread.  But, since I occassionally leave my sub on while listening to Grado's so that I get that nice bass rumble, it may fit.  I currently have an Emotiiva Ultra 10, which does not have output below 30 Hz, which I needed due to the house it was in, and my nearfield configuration.  right now I'm looking at upgrading to the Rythmik 12SE or possibly an SVS SB12-NSD.  I'll probably go with Rythmik with the PEQ amp for the parametric EQ to tame a really fun node I have just below 80 Hz.

 

Listeningto Grado with an active sub may seem to defeat the purpose, but it is FUN

 

Any input would be cool

 

Why not the PC12-NSD?  I love mine in the lower level man cave.  However, my wife totally dislikes it.  With a 2.1 music system, it will jar the fillings in your teeth with some music tracks.

post #9000 of 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Yeah~ Malaysia facing financial problem right now maybe you should wait for a few month like later end of this year. Hopefully it will be back to normal! Not worsen :/

A lot of people here, Brunei headed to currency exchanger for this reason thought...

Billson smily_headphones1.gif

The current currency exchange rate is about 3.29. It has suddenly gone up o.o

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!