Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 599

post #8971 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

When I first fired it up it was really overwhelming how much more detail there was, but then over the next several days there would just be times when I found it was exhibiting a slight lack of neutrality, edging toward the bright side. Even with my T1s, which are more neutral than bright, it was noticeable. 


there was a mydac on ebay, i was just watching, the auction ended $219

post #8972 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

Oh, try the bifrost first, then, go to dreamland.very_evil_smiley.gif


there is one on the f/s forum, uber, non usb for $350, i'd have to get a usb/optical converter, that would be about $100

post #8973 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


there was a mydac on ebay, i was just watching, the auction ended $219

Assuming that was for a used one? If new, that's way cheap.

post #8974 of 18646

Just ordered my Little Dot I+ (so cheap :D) and now I'm going to read about tubes until it ships...

 

Pretty excited for my new cans to get here.

post #8975 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Assuming that was for a used one? If new, that's way cheap.


used, just a few hours on it the guy said, he said he ended up with a benchmark

post #8976 of 18646

before i do the dacIT, or bifrost,

i'm going to try one i haven't heard one word about

the new musical fidelity v90

32/192, upsampling dac

1 day shipping, an extra $4 it'll be here tomorrow

post #8977 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

before i do the dacIT, or bifrost,

i'm going to try one i haven't heard one word about

the new musical fidelity v90

32/192, upsampling dac

1 day shipping, an extra $4 it'll be here tomorrow

Nice choice.  I might be skeptical, but I'm still interesed...

post #8978 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Nice choice.  I might be skeptical, but I'm still interesed...


i'm a little skeptical too, but i figured, i kinda have a feeling that i'll end up with the dacIT or bifrost,

i'd take advatage of amazon prime, i may try the ifi idac too, just to see what the hub bub is all about

 

oh, and i forgot one possible, not very "glamorous , but really "supposed" to be good(the press likes it) the halide hd

post #8979 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


i'm a little skeptical too, but i figured, i kinda have a feeling that i'll end up with the dacIT or bifrost,

i'd take advatage of amazon prime, i may try the ifi idac too, just to see what the hub bub is all about

 

oh, and i forgot one possible, not very "glamorous , but really "supposed" to be good(the press likes it) the halide hd

And for sure, once I get the Oppo-BDP-105, I will be able to start comparing DACS.  But of all the parts of the signal chain, I just think that the DAC is way behind the heaphones and source material as far as impact.

 

But I have wanted  to compare the DACMagic to the Bitfrost to the V-DAC to the (fill in the blank)

post #8980 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

And for sure, once I get the Oppo-BDP-105, I will be able to start comparing DACS.  But of all the parts of the signal chain, I just think that the DAC is way behind the heaphones and source material as far as impact.

 

But I have wanted  to compare the DACMagic to the Bitfrost to the V-DAC to the (fill in the blank)


source material is the beginning of the chain, the headphone the end

i like the system concept, "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts"

i had a cambridge cd player back in the day, it was very good for the money

so i considered the dacmagic 100 , and dacmagic plus(its more than i want to spend)

the v-dac ii is why i went ahead and got the v90, i assume its an improvement on the v-dac,

post #8981 of 18646

Good call on the Oppo BDP-105 swspier, from what i have read about it, it does it all, and does it well. I have a Yamaha DVD-S2700, and alhough it doesn't play Blue Rays, it does play SACDs, and it sounds so good through it's analog output, that i decided to keep it just for that reason, and bought a cheap Panasonic Blue Ray player.

post #8982 of 18646

What about the Marantz NA7004, is it any good?  It's marked down half-price to $399.

post #8983 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgard Varese View Post

I just purchased my RS1is today (after a week's audition) and I pair them with my Little Dot I+... I think it's an excellent combination.

Yep....I am currently using the same combo.

post #8984 of 18646

I have no experience with the Marantz, except for the excellent amps and tuners on the '70s.

 

For my hearing, the eq of which is inverted, these Grados are all I will ever need.  Simply delightful.

post #8985 of 18646

Oh, and given that I have never tested Marantz, I am immediately suspicious of that kind of markdown.  In retail, to avoid getting stuck with too much old inventory, we always marked the goods down to get them out the door.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!