Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 559

post #8371 of 18646

2 weeks to wait, and I'll have my PS1000:)

I know it's not going to be perfect, since the match with the burson HA160 is not the best match, but still, I'm really waiting for it:)

post #8372 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanorthk View Post

2 weeks to wait, and I'll have my PS1000:)

I know it's not going to be perfect, since the match with the burson HA160 is not the best match, but still, I'm really waiting for it:)

 

Wow, the Grado Flagship! Very nice :)  

post #8373 of 18646
Jealous!
post #8374 of 18646
is sennheiser 414 pads really fits to grado sr series? is that comfortable?
post #8375 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinkeen View Post

is sennheiser 414 pads really fits to grado sr series? is that comfortable?

 

1. Been used for year/decades so yes they fit.

2. Grados arent that comfortable anyway...

post #8376 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinh View Post

1. Been used for year/decades so yes they fit.
2. Grados arent that comfortable anyway...
what's the different between the stock grado pads and senn hd 414 pads? just the colour?
Edited by rakinkeen - 8/2/13 at 1:07am
post #8377 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinkeen View Post


what's the different between the stock grado pads and senn hd 414 pads? just the colour?


Which stock Grado pads are you comparing with? The comfies (SR60i/80i/125i) or the bowls (SR225i+) ?

 

They are pretty similar to the comfies, but are made from a less dense foam. They're slightly more comfortable and give you slightly clearer sound, but I didn't find there was a whole lot in it though.

 

They're totally different (and hugely inferior, in my opinion) to the bowl pads though.

post #8378 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnottj View Post


Which stock Grado pads are you comparing with? The comfies (SR60i/80i/125i) or the bowls (SR225i+) ?

They are pretty similar to the comfies, but are made from a less dense foam. They're slightly more comfortable and give you slightly clearer sound, but I didn't find there was a whole lot in it though.

They're totally different (and hugely inferior, in my opinion) to the bowl pads though.
with SR60i, so hd 414 pads give more clearer and more comfortable to use than stock grado pads right? thanks thats nice info duds smily_headphones1.gif i'll get some
post #8379 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinkeen View Post


with SR60i, so hd 414 pads give more clearer and more comfortable to use than stock grado pads right? thanks thats nice info duds smily_headphones1.gif i'll get some


To be honest, I'd save your money and go straight to the Grado bowl pads (AKA L cushion pads). This will give you the 'true' Grado sound, and make your SR60i sound almost as good as the higher-end Grados.

post #8380 of 18646
am i the only one that likes comfies? i don't use them all the time but i do use them from time to time on my 80i wheb I'm ib the mood for bass and a warmer sound.
post #8381 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnottj View Post


To be honest, I'd save your money and go straight to the Grado bowl pads (AKA L cushion pads). This will give you the 'true' Grado sound, and make your SR60i sound almost as good as the higher-end Grados.
thanks for your suggestion, sooner i'll save some money and buy that bowl pads
post #8382 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

am i the only one that likes comfies? i don't use them all the time but i do use them from time to time on my 80i wheb I'm ib the mood for bass and a warmer sound.

I like the comfies too, although they seem to get a bad rap. I would say the pads just sound different, not necessarily one better than the other. L cush represents the grado sound better in my opinion and I stuck with them after trying them. They needed a few shampoos to soften up.
Edited by semicoln - 8/2/13 at 7:42pm
post #8383 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by semicoln View Post


I like the comfies too, although they seem to get a bad rap. I would say the pads just sound different, not nessicarily one better than the other. L cush represents the grado sound better in my opinion and I stuck with them after trying them. They needed a few shampoos to soften up.

I just put my (S) cushions on my 80i's today being that I recently got the LD1+ amp, so I wanted to hear how they sounded with the amp, and they sounded pretty nice together, they may have had a nicer all around bass presence, and the mids were warmer, the the highs were still pretty nice, but the soundstage was a little narrower but still good with me, so I'm going to listen with the (S) cushions, and switch back to the (L) cushions later, so your right in saying that they are just different sounding, one is not better than the other. Also bassboysam your not the only one who lies them, and it wouldn't matter anyway if you were, it's all about what you like to hear, I also like the both cushions, especially with different sources.

post #8384 of 18646
Maybe deanorthk will try some comfies on his PS1000 and give impressions smily_headphones1.gif
post #8385 of 18646
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

 Also bassboysam your not the only one who lies them, and it wouldn't matter anyway if you were, it's all about what you like to hear, I also like the both cushions, especially with different sources.

 

 

of course, i couldn't care less what you guys thought ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!