Thanks for the info, I'll give my impressions on them when I can.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 545
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8162 of 126697/16/13 at 9:10pmpost #8163 of 126697/16/13 at 9:26pm
Thanks, I believe they should also. The delivery date is estimated between August 5-21. Like you stated, there supposed to be crystal clear, which is what I'm aiming for.post #8164 of 126697/16/13 at 9:42pmpost #8165 of 126697/16/13 at 10:04pmpost #8166 of 126697/16/13 at 10:13pmpost #8167 of 126697/17/13 at 4:29amQuote:
wasn't a fan of the G-cush and 325i (maybe the "is" is different) or RS1. i thought the PS500 might be ok because of their bigger bass but i still found them to sound too thin with the g-cush. all the low mids just seem to get sucked right out. with some recordings it sounded good but it was hit and miss. the bowls were more consistent.
Edited by bassboysam - 7/17/13 at 4:30ampost #8168 of 126697/17/13 at 4:49amQuote:Think compatibility depends on the amp and source too. My amp is quite full sounding so don't get the sucked out effect . That's with the 325is. I love the gcush combo.Originally Posted by bassboysam
wasn't a fan of the G-cush and 325i (maybe the "is" is different) or RS1. i thought the PS500 might be ok because of their bigger bass but i still found them to sound too thin with the g-cush. all the low mids just seem to get sucked right out. with some recordings it sounded good but it was hit and miss. the bowls were more consistent.post #8169 of 126697/17/13 at 9:45am
When I auditioned Grados, I felt the 225i was quite noticeably an improvement over the 80i. maybe just my ears...but I was, like, "wow"...that sounds a lot better! Bigger, fuller, more detail...just more impressive sound.Some would claim, that is mostly due to the pads, but I've been happy w/ the 225i. It was fairly dramatic to me....
Then, after some time with the 225i, I listened to 325i at a meet and felt that the differences between the 225 and 325, while there, were less dramatic than the 80 and 225. The 325 felt more detailed and slightly more refined, and a little brighter...more revealing I guess would be the word.
For my money, and for plug 'n' play no hassles, the 225i hits the price/performance sweet spot. I also think it's fairly versatile, sounds good for a variety of genres and is a fun headphone particularly with guitar oriented blues based rock which is my preference. Although, I have thrown a fair amount of classical, jazz, standards, etc without complaint. I agree the 225 can be fatiguing. My sense is that the 325 without mods would be more fatiguing.
I'll often switch back and forth from my Grados to speakers.Grados produce a little better overall sound but confine me to one spot and can be fatiguing. Plus, some of my music is aggressive guitar driven rock/punk/metal and I like to be able to crank it sometimes without worrying about damage to my ears!
I also think they sound good with more mellow folk, indie, ambient, etc.
If I wanted the 325, I'd be inclined to save for the RS1 or 2 or investigate the PS 500-none of which I've been able to audition.post #8170 of 126697/17/13 at 10:00am
How come nobody talks much about the GS1000 (i-version or not)?
I listened to a handful of Grados and it's my favorite (with a variety of upstream amps and sources)?
It's one of the only two I own now.
Is it a sonic departure for Grado or what?
Edited by rgs9200m - 7/17/13 at 10:01ampost #8171 of 126697/17/13 at 10:24amQuote:
I've only auditioned it once. But it truly was one of those rare " holy jeebus!" moments, where dynamics, texture and timbre were just sublime.post #8172 of 126697/17/13 at 10:42amQuote:
In my experience, the GS1000s are the brightest and most sibilant of Grados.
Tried my best to like and keep them. Re-cabled them with Black Dragon cables, etc etc but finally gave up.
They were the most comfortable headphones. Ever.
I am crazy about my PS1000s (also Black Dragon cables) although they're not the most loved ones around, so I can fully understand someone loving the GS1K.
Both GS/PS are a different Grado from the current lineup.post #8173 of 126697/17/13 at 10:56ampost #8174 of 126697/17/13 at 11:02am
You can try pulling the cups a little bit further from your ear with some beefy socks in between and that's quite similar to what I've experienced with larger pad with RS1. More hiss in the trebles, more details in the mid but the bass and mid get diluted a bit.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 27 seconds ago
- › JVC SZ2000 Review. CNT pounding my brains! 29 seconds ago
- › Thicker earpads for my Audio Technica ATH-M50? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude