Thanks for the info, I'll give my impressions on them when I can.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 545
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8162 of 111117/16/13 at 9:10pmpost #8163 of 111117/16/13 at 9:26pm
Thanks, I believe they should also. The delivery date is estimated between August 5-21. Like you stated, there supposed to be crystal clear, which is what I'm aiming for.post #8164 of 111117/16/13 at 9:42pmpost #8165 of 111117/16/13 at 10:04pmpost #8166 of 111117/16/13 at 10:13pmpost #8167 of 111117/17/13 at 4:29amQuote:
wasn't a fan of the G-cush and 325i (maybe the "is" is different) or RS1. i thought the PS500 might be ok because of their bigger bass but i still found them to sound too thin with the g-cush. all the low mids just seem to get sucked right out. with some recordings it sounded good but it was hit and miss. the bowls were more consistent.
Edited by bassboysam - 7/17/13 at 4:30ampost #8168 of 111117/17/13 at 4:49amQuote:Think compatibility depends on the amp and source too. My amp is quite full sounding so don't get the sucked out effect . That's with the 325is. I love the gcush combo.Originally Posted by bassboysam
wasn't a fan of the G-cush and 325i (maybe the "is" is different) or RS1. i thought the PS500 might be ok because of their bigger bass but i still found them to sound too thin with the g-cush. all the low mids just seem to get sucked right out. with some recordings it sounded good but it was hit and miss. the bowls were more consistent.post #8169 of 111117/17/13 at 9:45am
When I auditioned Grados, I felt the 225i was quite noticeably an improvement over the 80i. maybe just my ears...but I was, like, "wow"...that sounds a lot better! Bigger, fuller, more detail...just more impressive sound.Some would claim, that is mostly due to the pads, but I've been happy w/ the 225i. It was fairly dramatic to me....
Then, after some time with the 225i, I listened to 325i at a meet and felt that the differences between the 225 and 325, while there, were less dramatic than the 80 and 225. The 325 felt more detailed and slightly more refined, and a little brighter...more revealing I guess would be the word.
For my money, and for plug 'n' play no hassles, the 225i hits the price/performance sweet spot. I also think it's fairly versatile, sounds good for a variety of genres and is a fun headphone particularly with guitar oriented blues based rock which is my preference. Although, I have thrown a fair amount of classical, jazz, standards, etc without complaint. I agree the 225 can be fatiguing. My sense is that the 325 without mods would be more fatiguing.
I'll often switch back and forth from my Grados to speakers.Grados produce a little better overall sound but confine me to one spot and can be fatiguing. Plus, some of my music is aggressive guitar driven rock/punk/metal and I like to be able to crank it sometimes without worrying about damage to my ears!
I also think they sound good with more mellow folk, indie, ambient, etc.
If I wanted the 325, I'd be inclined to save for the RS1 or 2 or investigate the PS 500-none of which I've been able to audition.post #8170 of 111117/17/13 at 10:00am
How come nobody talks much about the GS1000 (i-version or not)?
I listened to a handful of Grados and it's my favorite (with a variety of upstream amps and sources)?
It's one of the only two I own now.
Is it a sonic departure for Grado or what?
Edited by rgs9200m - 7/17/13 at 10:01ampost #8171 of 111117/17/13 at 10:24amQuote:
I've only auditioned it once. But it truly was one of those rare " holy jeebus!" moments, where dynamics, texture and timbre were just sublime.post #8172 of 111117/17/13 at 10:42amQuote:
In my experience, the GS1000s are the brightest and most sibilant of Grados.
Tried my best to like and keep them. Re-cabled them with Black Dragon cables, etc etc but finally gave up.
They were the most comfortable headphones. Ever.
I am crazy about my PS1000s (also Black Dragon cables) although they're not the most loved ones around, so I can fully understand someone loving the GS1K.
Both GS/PS are a different Grado from the current lineup.post #8173 of 111117/17/13 at 10:56ampost #8174 of 111117/17/13 at 11:02am
You can try pulling the cups a little bit further from your ear with some beefy socks in between and that's quite similar to what I've experienced with larger pad with RS1. More hiss in the trebles, more details in the mid but the bass and mid get diluted a bit.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 13 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 17 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › $200-300 DAC/AMP for HE-400 40 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital