Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 541

post #8101 of 21214
funny enough i find Grados are the Rics of the headphone world. retro design, unique sound, impractical, uncomfortable but nothing can be a substitute for either and I'm illogically drawn to them both. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8102 of 21214

I think it is 100% logical! beerchug.gif

post #8103 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

funny enough i find Grados are the Rics of the headphone world. retro design, unique sound, impractical, uncomfortable but nothing can be a substitute for either and I'm illogically drawn to them both. smily_headphones1.gif

I actually have no comment, except I always compared them to Carvin: U.S. made, no-nonsense and fantastic value for the money

 

come to think of it, how many bass players are on this Grado thread? 

post #8104 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I actually have no comment, except I always compared them to Carvin: U.S. made, no-nonsense and fantastic value for the money

 

come to think of it, how many bass players are on this Grado thread? 

I would have thought bass heads would be on the Beats thread!

(just kidding)...it is great to see pics of those Rics!

post #8105 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

I would have thought bass heads would be on the Beats thread!

(just kidding)...it is great to see pics of those Rics!

I think it says something about the detailed, accurate and realistic bass in these cans.  I can hear every nuance between a Ric and a P or a Jazz.  It's certainly not bloated, but very articulate. True, sub-bass is a little lean, but not by much

post #8106 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I think it says something about the detailed, accurate and realistic bass in these cans.  I can hear every nuance between a Ric and a P or a Jazz.  It's certainly not bloated, but very articulate. True, sub-bass is a little lean, but not by much

That is really good to hear considering Grado haters seem to often criticize the bass.

i have always found it detailed and accurate, with the right fit/pads.

post #8107 of 21214

glad to see everyone is back to getting along, it usually stays pretty friendly here !

i got some good info about the little dot over on that thread, very helpful bunch over there too !!

my amp isn't set up for the tubes im using, so i got some work,and or some tubes to buy !!(both)


Edited by jaywillin - 7/15/13 at 4:45am
post #8108 of 21214

I'm on the articulate side of the fence when it comes to audio.  I get that I can virtually unlimited options in this hobby, and there is no absolute to any of it.

 

Anyway, since I am still wowed by the performance, if not the ergonomics of iGrado's, I am more curious than every to try different pads.  the imaging on those suckers is pretty darned good, and I'm thinking it has to do with the distance of the driver from my ears.  The bowls make that distance significantly longer on my 225i's, so it may be time to try shorter pads. 

post #8109 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I'm on the articulate side of the fence when it comes to audio.  I get that I can virtually unlimited options in this hobby, and there is no absolute to any of it.

 

Anyway, since I am still wowed by the performance, if not the ergonomics of iGrado's, I am more curious than every to try different pads.  the imaging on those suckers is pretty darned good, and I'm thinking it has to do with the distance of the driver from my ears.  The bowls make that distance significantly longer on my 225i's, so it may be time to try shorter pads. 

The TTVJ Flats will give you that shorter distance - highly recommended.

I do notice that the HP1000 snug the pads to one's ears, with equal pressure all around, while the other Grados seem to have more pressure on the top/less on bottom. 

post #8110 of 21214

The articulation is what I'm digging. Sure the low rumble of of sub bass isn't always there but being able to hear Duck Dunn laying down a groove and John Paul Jones having just that little bit of grit to the bass tone is so very nice. All the while I can hear the separation and panning...diggin it!

I'm guessing the fit thing is selective, I have a huge melon and these fit great, no clamping and sit on my ears perfect. Granted I have huge ears for them to rest on. When I tried them on at the store I was hooked.

post #8111 of 21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I actually have no comment, except I always compared them to Carvin: U.S. made, no-nonsense and fantastic value for the money

 

come to think of it, how many bass players are on this Grado thread? 

Bass player here!

Love Grado bass... might not be prominent, but for the money, you can't get better texture and timbre. 

(in the context of the low-end Grados).


Edited by GREQ - 7/15/13 at 5:06am
post #8112 of 21214

Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving notifications on a thread I am no longer interested in? I have unsubscribed to these threads and I keep receiving notifications. Thank you.

BTW even when Head-fi sends me an email saying (no longer interested in this thread, unsubscribe), I still receive notifications. 

post #8113 of 21214
Go to your subscriptions and delete them, there should also be a roll down menu right above that with the four choices, I always check the site only notifications. Hope that helps.
post #8114 of 21214

Has anyone here combined the Grado RS1i's with either a Matrix-M stage (USB version) or an Arcam rPAC?

post #8115 of 21214

I am about to buy my first pair of grados.

 

The question is, 225 or 80?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!