Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 540

post #8086 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post


It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.

That's not true. It is possible to compare.  

Whether anyone should compare the two is a debate for the philosophers. 

 

Also I wouldn't compare an SR80 to any Kia. More like a VW Golf GTi (the nice version of a basic model). 

post #8087 of 18000
Don't be a troll. For seven times the price I wouldn't get seven time the enjoyment. If you guys are comparing a set of headphones that are nothing like each other it makes the comparison invalid. I'm sure the he-500s are pretty awesome, but that isn't what I was looking for or would want to wear.

Awesome Ric!
post #8088 of 18000

Actually, I was being serious comparing what is similar between the Hifiman and the Grado.  I was not suggesting a qualitative comparison, but a look at similarities.  And since I own the HE-5LE and the 225i, and find more similarity in the mids than I would have ever thought, I figured it was at close to being a fair question.

 

My HE-5LE's trump the Grado's in every way I can think of.  But it is not by as far a margin as I would have guessed without listening to both.

post #8089 of 18000

I have just bought a Little Dot 1+  and it sounds pretty impressive for the price, paired with my RS1i.

 

I would love to try ter TTVJ flats with this combo....if anybody here has a pair for sale ....please pm me  L3000.gif


Edited by whirlwind - 7/14/13 at 5:57am
post #8090 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

I have just bought a Little Dot 1+  and it sounds pretty impressive for the price, paired with my RS1i.

I would love to try thr TTVJ flats with this combo....if anybody here has a pair for sale ....please pm me  L3000.gif

Cool! I've been meaning to go over to a friend's house to try his Little Dot, but haven't gotten a chance to yet. He has a pair of 325is.
post #8091 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post

 

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6037680/Little%20Dot%20I%2B%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

 

pg9

 

yours is different then the diagrams... however its the same jumper numbers and positions


 i need a magnifying glass !! my eyes are old ! lol,

what of the wires that connects the tube sockets, i have two yellow wires, the pic on the little dot site doesn't

differences in date of manufacture, a mod, or just removed for the pics sake ???

post #8092 of 18000

Shoot them an email, I honestly don't know...
 

post #8093 of 18000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrand View Post
Don't be a troll. For seven times the price I wouldn't get seven time the enjoyment..

No one is trolling here. Just two guys having a chat. 

Just because you don't agree doesn't make us trolls. 

 

Just because you wouldn't get 7 times the enjoyment doesn't make it an unworthy investment for others. At the end of the day money is no fun at all, but what it can buy can be. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrand View Post
 If you guys are comparing a set of headphones that are nothing like each other it makes the comparison invalid
The comparison is valid - they're both clearly headphones. I'm not comparing a car to a bicycle, or a headphone to a set of speakers.  Just two headphones. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrand View Post
I'm sure the he-500s are pretty awesome, but that isn't what I was looking for or would want to wear.
Sounds like you havn't even heard the HE-500, so I don't understand why you're joining in.
post #8094 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.

blink.gif No, you can definitely compare. Like Greq said, it might not be the best from a philosophical standpoint, but they're both headphones, they both have a sound signature, the both are of a certain build quality, and, they both have a price.

post #8095 of 18000
I replied because I just purchased a pair of Grados and this is the Grado fan thread. You brought a set of phones that are much more expensive and have a totally different sound signature. Anyone can compare one thing to another but for $100 I like my purchase. For you to insist that a $700 phone is vastly superior is missing the point, I and others purchased something because it suited our needs. If you don't like it then by all means please post in the hifiman thread, I probably will when I get that new little amp they have.
post #8096 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrand View Post

I replied because I just purchased a pair of Grados and this is the Grado fan thread. You brought a set of phones that are much more expensive and have a totally different sound signature. Anyone can compare one thing to another but for $100 I like my purchase. For you to insist that a $700 phone is vastly superior is missing the point, I and others purchased something because it suited our needs. If you don't like it then by all means please post in the hifiman thread, I probably will when I get that new little amp they have.

I didn't insist on anything. I just gave my opinion. 

As I said before, if you don't like my opinion all you have to do is politely disagree. Not call other people troll or accuse others of "missing the point".

 

If you properly read my post which triggered "swspiers" response and then my reply which was directed back at him, there was no insistence on the superiority of another headphone I own. I plainly stated my opinion. 

If anything, my original comment about my Grado 'journey' and the Grados I have owned, shows that even the relatively humble SR80 brings me lots of listening pleasure among the other 'giants' I own and have listened to. 

post #8097 of 18000
My apologies if it didn't read that way to me. Things can get lost in translation on the Internet, imagine that. I'm all about quality and high end stuff, just has to suit my needs.
post #8098 of 18000

Hey all!

 

I am truly sorry if my response and question triggered a bad reaction...

post #8099 of 18000
Nothing bad, just not reading things correctly on both sides.
post #8100 of 18000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrand View Post

Nothing bad, just not reading things correctly on both sides.

Man, I was afraid I typed something like 'Rics suck' in my sleep or something   biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!