the innards of my little dot, i think maybe i shoulda taken an electronics class somewhere down the line !
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 538
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yours is different then the diagrams... however its the same jumper numbers and positions
Edited by kvtaco17 - 7/13/13 at 6:34pm
i do enjoy grados, but Rics over grados every time. i have a '73 4001.
The two main similarities are the speed and timbre. Both excel at these.
All Grados are very 'fast' with a very natural sounding decay. Also they treat the reproduction of acoustic instrument sounds with respect.
I find the HE-500 to be just as fast if not faster, but instead of being coloured like a Grado, it's neutral and it's sub bass response is superior, linear, but never overpowering (also it has bucket loads more resolution and soundstage).
Also SR80 doesn't sound good on all genres. HE-500 does. Always. Every genre. Ever.
TBH it's apples and oranges. They're leagues apart but both do what they're meant to very well.
It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.
That's not true. It is possible to compare.
Whether anyone should compare the two is a debate for the philosophers.
Also I wouldn't compare an SR80 to any Kia. More like a VW Golf GTi (the nice version of a basic model).
Actually, I was being serious comparing what is similar between the Hifiman and the Grado. I was not suggesting a qualitative comparison, but a look at similarities. And since I own the HE-5LE and the 225i, and find more similarity in the mids than I would have ever thought, I figured it was at close to being a fair question.
My HE-5LE's trump the Grado's in every way I can think of. But it is not by as far a margin as I would have guessed without listening to both.
I have just bought a Little Dot 1+ and it sounds pretty impressive for the price, paired with my RS1i.
I would love to try ter TTVJ flats with this combo....if anybody here has a pair for sale ....please pm me
Edited by whirlwind - 7/14/13 at 5:57am
Cool! I've been meaning to go over to a friend's house to try his Little Dot, but haven't gotten a chance to yet. He has a pair of 325is.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphone is the absolute darkest? 56 seconds ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15... 1 minute ago
- › Open Back, upgrade from IFIMAN HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › SRH 940 vs DT770 vs MDR1A vs M70X vs Crossfade M100 vs Momentums 6 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2