the innards of my little dot, i think maybe i shoulda taken an electronics class somewhere down the line !
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 7/30/15 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Grado Fan Club! - Page 538
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yours is different then the diagrams... however its the same jumper numbers and positions
Edited by kvtaco17 - 7/13/13 at 6:34pm
i do enjoy grados, but Rics over grados every time. i have a '73 4001.
The two main similarities are the speed and timbre. Both excel at these.
All Grados are very 'fast' with a very natural sounding decay. Also they treat the reproduction of acoustic instrument sounds with respect.
I find the HE-500 to be just as fast if not faster, but instead of being coloured like a Grado, it's neutral and it's sub bass response is superior, linear, but never overpowering (also it has bucket loads more resolution and soundstage).
Also SR80 doesn't sound good on all genres. HE-500 does. Always. Every genre. Ever.
TBH it's apples and oranges. They're leagues apart but both do what they're meant to very well.
It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.
That's not true. It is possible to compare.
Whether anyone should compare the two is a debate for the philosophers.
Also I wouldn't compare an SR80 to any Kia. More like a VW Golf GTi (the nice version of a basic model).
Actually, I was being serious comparing what is similar between the Hifiman and the Grado. I was not suggesting a qualitative comparison, but a look at similarities. And since I own the HE-5LE and the 225i, and find more similarity in the mids than I would have ever thought, I figured it was at close to being a fair question.
My HE-5LE's trump the Grado's in every way I can think of. But it is not by as far a margin as I would have guessed without listening to both.
I have just bought a Little Dot 1+ and it sounds pretty impressive for the price, paired with my RS1i.
I would love to try ter TTVJ flats with this combo....if anybody here has a pair for sale ....please pm me
Edited by whirlwind - 7/14/13 at 5:57am
Cool! I've been meaning to go over to a friend's house to try his Little Dot, but haven't gotten a chance to yet. He has a pair of 325is.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 10 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 40 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.16: lifted 5800 song... 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2