the innards of my little dot, i think maybe i shoulda taken an electronics class somewhere down the line !
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 538
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yours is different then the diagrams... however its the same jumper numbers and positions
Edited by kvtaco17 - 7/13/13 at 6:34pm
i do enjoy grados, but Rics over grados every time. i have a '73 4001.
The two main similarities are the speed and timbre. Both excel at these.
All Grados are very 'fast' with a very natural sounding decay. Also they treat the reproduction of acoustic instrument sounds with respect.
I find the HE-500 to be just as fast if not faster, but instead of being coloured like a Grado, it's neutral and it's sub bass response is superior, linear, but never overpowering (also it has bucket loads more resolution and soundstage).
Also SR80 doesn't sound good on all genres. HE-500 does. Always. Every genre. Ever.
TBH it's apples and oranges. They're leagues apart but both do what they're meant to very well.
It truly is apples and oranges, you are comparing a real headphone (HE-500) to a toy headphone (SR80). No comparison possible, like comparing a BMW to a KIA.
That's not true. It is possible to compare.
Whether anyone should compare the two is a debate for the philosophers.
Also I wouldn't compare an SR80 to any Kia. More like a VW Golf GTi (the nice version of a basic model).
Actually, I was being serious comparing what is similar between the Hifiman and the Grado. I was not suggesting a qualitative comparison, but a look at similarities. And since I own the HE-5LE and the 225i, and find more similarity in the mids than I would have ever thought, I figured it was at close to being a fair question.
My HE-5LE's trump the Grado's in every way I can think of. But it is not by as far a margin as I would have guessed without listening to both.
I have just bought a Little Dot 1+ and it sounds pretty impressive for the price, paired with my RS1i.
I would love to try ter TTVJ flats with this combo....if anybody here has a pair for sale ....please pm me
Edited by whirlwind - 7/14/13 at 5:57am
Cool! I've been meaning to go over to a friend's house to try his Little Dot, but haven't gotten a chance to yet. He has a pair of 325is.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 42 seconds ago
- › Philips O'Neill CRASH - Same driver as Fidelio L1! I had Tyll... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3