Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 525

post #7861 of 24960

Is there a store in LA, Orange County, Inland or Valley area in So Cal that sells RS1i.  

I would like to compare them with my Magnum to see I want to get the RS1i again.  

From memory, I think the Magnums have better detail but I miss the midbass hump, the resonance and warmth of the RS1i.

The Magnums are colder.  But this is all memory.  

post #7862 of 24960
Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

 

I"m going to purchase the Schiit Magni/Modi setup because I'm very curious to how well they performe, and I want to compare them side by side, then sell the one that I like least.

and if you decide to get rid of the schiit, you won't have a problem at all !

for me, the real keeper between the magni and the modi , is the modi, i need to get another one, and just keep it, i keep selling it to try something else, and using the fiio e10 as my "reference" dac, the modi much better than the e10

post #7863 of 24960

oh, and speaking of dacs, musical fidelity has a replacement for the v dac mkii, the v 90, 32/192 its $300, the $300 dollar dac market is getting crowded !

post #7864 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

and if you decide to get rid of the schiit, you won't have a problem at all !

for me, the real keeper between the magni and the modi , is the modi, i need to get another one, and just keep it, i keep selling it to try something else, and using the fiio e10 as my "reference" dac, the modi much better than the e10

Now you've got me wondering if I should just purchase the Modi and pair it with the LD to hear how it sounds. (But like I said, I didn't try my Meridian with the LD yet). Did you also at one time own the Magni and didn't care for it? If so please tell me your thoughts on it. Thanks.

post #7865 of 24960
I did have the magni, its very good, very detailed, I went with the fiio e09k mostly because it is very flexible, two gain settings, pre and line outs
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Now you've got me wondering if I should just purchase the Modi and pair it with the LD to hear how it sounds. (But like I said, I didn't try my Meridian with the LD yet). Did you also
at one time own the Magni and didn't care for it? If so please tell me your thoughts on it. Thanks.
post #7866 of 24960

Thanks for the reply. I;m going to purchase it like I mentioned before, and see what I like better. 

post #7867 of 24960

Hi all!

 

Last night I got tired of my wife complaining about her ultra-cheap Koss KTX-6 headphones.  My Ohm Micro Walsh Tall speakers in our main system have turned her into an audiophile, and she cannot stand bad sound.  She's actually worse than I am when it comes to it!

 

So I ordered her a pair of iGrado's as a replacement for the cheap portable CD-player cans she's been putting up with.  I should have them next week, and will post our impressions.  I'm hoping she likes the Grado sound- I know I sure do.

 

-S

post #7868 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Hi all!

 

Last night I got tired of my wife complaining about her ultra-cheap Koss KTX-6 headphones.  My Ohm Micro Walsh Tall speakers in our main system have turned her into an audiophile, and she cannot stand bad sound.  She's actually worse than I am when it comes to it!

 

So I ordered her a pair of iGrado's as a replacement for the cheap portable CD-player cans she's been putting up with.  I should have them next week, and will post our impressions.  I'm hoping she likes the Grado sound- I know I sure do.

 

-S

 

 

which ones did you get for her? 

post #7869 of 24960

iGrados

post #7870 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

iGrados

 

 

ahhh, i just saw "Grados" and missed the "i".  thanks

post #7871 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

 

 

ahhh, i just saw "Grados" and missed the "i".  thanks

 

Too much time in a certain other thread, I see...biggrin.gif

post #7872 of 24960

By the way all, I've been a fan of Bassboysam for a few years now.  We both participate in another forum, so please excuse any inside jokes- I know they can be annoying.

 

Anyway, Sam is one of the most creative and innovative bassists in the Stoner/Doom genre.  His band, Monobrow, pretty much transcends the cliché's in this form of heavy music, and they have a humor and intelligence to their music that I think is what makes them accessible, even if you're not a fan of heavy, sludgy rock.

 

I also think Grado's are a perfect headphone to check them out with.  It is just some very fine, instrumental music with more than a little 'kick' to it.  Y'all should give them a listen:

 

http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com/

post #7873 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by marts30 View Post

 

MS Pro was a bit too polite for my tastes, harder to justify the cost/performance satisfaction like the MS2 can.

 

Someone told me MS1 is closer to MS-PRO then the MS2 which has a more aggressive sound. I can audit them here but... try not to..to stay away from the poison hehe.

post #7874 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling5s View Post

Can you compare the RS1i to the V5?  In terms of treble, midrange, bass and soundstage (over all sound)?  Did you prefer the RS1i to the V5 also?

 

thanks

 

Honestly, I probably couldn't compare accurately since it's been a while since I owned the RS1i. The Magnum is a bit tamer in the highs from memory. I sold the RS1i and kept the MS2i because I feel it's just the better bang for buck.

post #7875 of 24960
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

By the way all, I've been a fan of Bassboysam for a few years now.  We both participate in another forum, so please excuse any inside jokes- I know they can be annoying.

Anyway, Sam is one of the most creative and innovative bassists in the Stoner/Doom genre.  His band, Monobrow, pretty much transcends the cliché's in this form of heavy music, and they have a humor and intelligence to their music that I think is what makes them accessible, even if you're not a fan of heavy, sludgy rock.

I also think Grado's are a perfect headphone to check them out with.  It is just some very fine, instrumental music with more than a little 'kick' to it.  Y'all should give them a listen:

http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com/


You are too kind sir.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!