Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 518

post #7756 of 17266
Wo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

New vs as good as new.(or new, two people are selling for almost same price)

I don't know if i'm going to need that warranty.

€70 off, but without warranty seems worth it to me, i should probably go for it...

Word of warning, my new 325s had a faulty driver. Glad I bought a pair with valid warranty.
post #7757 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob54 View Post

Wo
Word of warning, my new 325s had a faulty driver. Glad I bought a pair with valid warranty.

Just when i'm about to go for the €90 pair, you come in XD

thanks for the warning!
post #7758 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post

How is the SR80i more "fun" than the SR225i?

 

I'm assuming the SR225i offers more detail, clarity, and soundstage over the Sr80i?    

 

That's what I'm looking for in an upgrade to the SR80i.

 

 

Frank

When I auditioned them, at the time the soundstage seemed identical.  What sold me on the 225i's was the sound of Alison Kraus.  She just seemed to be more 'there' on 225i's.  I also thought I detected more smoothness in the midrange overall.

 

YMMV

post #7759 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

This is true, still, these were the red portapro's, i liked them a lot.




About the SR80i's: would it be wise to get them at an official seller for €169, or from the local online market place for €90?

I would open up your porta pro and recable it, personally. It's cheap, and easy. There's tons of guides online. You could even do what I do to fix people's "broken" headphones, and install a stereo female panel mount.
post #7760 of 17266

my ms1's that i re-acquired have arrived, and i was on amazon to order some L-cushions and ran across some replacement

pads, not grado, branded "ear zonk"  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BW4XQZ4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

they had S,L,G's, all for half the grado price, i'd never heard of any other pads for grado's other than using the sennheiser pads

i got a pair of L's, and G's

just thought i'd pass the info along !!

post #7761 of 17266
No shipping to Canada frown.gif
post #7762 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

When I auditioned them, at the time the soundstage seemed identical.  What sold me on the 225i's was the sound of Alison Kraus.  She just seemed to be more 'there' on 225i's.  I also thought I detected more smoothness in the midrange overall.

 

YMMV

So are the SR225i's worth twice the price of the SR80i's?

 

Note: I'm using the L-cushion pads with the SR80i's.

 

Frank  

post #7763 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

my ms1's that i re-acquired have arrived, and i was on amazon to order some L-cushions and ran across some replacement

pads, not grado, branded "ear zonk"  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BW4XQZ4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

they had S,L,G's, all for half the grado price, i'd never heard of any other pads for grado's other than using the sennheiser pads

i got a pair of L's, and G's

just thought i'd pass the info along !!

Are there any differences in sound , size, fitment or material? How do they compare to the OEM cushions? 

post #7764 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Are there any differences in sound , size, fitment or material? How do they compare to the OEM cushions? 

Just ordered today, I should have them Wednesday or Thursday, I'll post my impressions then, they did look exactly the same though
post #7765 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalT View Post

I would open up your porta pro and recable it, personally. It's cheap, and easy. There's tons of guides online. You could even do what I do to fix people's "broken" headphones, and install a stereo female panel mount.

I will recable them, but i was going to get another set of Grado's anyway, so now is the perfect time smily_headphones1.gif
post #7766 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Are there any differences in sound , size, fitment or material? How do they compare to the OEM cushions? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


Just ordered today, I should have them Wednesday or Thursday, I'll post my impressions then, they did look exactly the same though

I'm curious about this as well.  I've been toying with getting some G-Cushions for my 225is for a little bit.  Looking forward to your impressions.

post #7767 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

 

I'm curious about this as well.  I've been toying with getting some G-Cushions for my 225is for a little bit.  Looking forward to your impressions.


 i had been wondering how the g-cushes might sound with the 225's for a while myself, but didn't really want to spend $40 to find out.

when i saw these g'd for 20, i went for it, they should be here tomorrow or the next day

post #7768 of 17266
Don't bother with the G-cush on the 225s. They kill the low end and makes them sound thin and boring. They are not bad with the 325s but i prefer the Ls over the Gs in both cases.

I do want to give flats a try at some point though.
post #7769 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

 

I'm curious about this as well.  I've been toying with getting some G-Cushions for my 225is for a little bit.  Looking forward to your impressions.

I tried the (G) cushions with my 325is's and 6 hours later I traded them to another Head-fier for the 15' Grado extension cable, but like myself you must try them for yourself, because you may not feel the same way, especially for 20$.

post #7770 of 17266
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I tried the (G) cushions with my 325is's and 6 hours later I traded them to another Head-fier for the 15' Grado extension cable, but like myself you must try them for yourself, because you may not feel the same way, especially for 20$.

I love the g-cush... On modified lower end grados (my sr80 and225) and the ps500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!