Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 517

post #7741 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

Remind me to double-check my spelling next time i post wink.gif
Make sure you double check your spelling next time you post. biggrin.gif
post #7742 of 21134

I've noticed that the newest batch of the 325is and the MS2i have more mid bass than the previous batch, and I've also noticed that the newest batch of MS2i add some depth to them compare to the previous batch

post #7743 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Remind me to double-check my spelling next time i post wink.gif

Only joking around around about the comment from stacker45. I personally love the sound of the 80i also!

post #7744 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0val View Post


I went from the sr80i to the 225i. I ended up selling the 225i because it just didn't give me the same experience I got from the 80i. The 80i was just a more "fun" headphone. While the 225i was definitely more powerful, but a bit more fatiguing to me.

How is the SR80i more "fun" than the SR225i?

 

I'm assuming the SR225i offers more detail, clarity, and soundstage over the Sr80i?    

 

That's what I'm looking for in an upgrade to the SR80i.

 

 

Frank


Edited by FrankJ - 6/23/13 at 9:15am
post #7745 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post

How is the SR80i more "fun" than the SR225i?

I'm assuming the SR225i offers more detail, clarity, and soundstage over the Sr80i?    



jay:

I have the 225 and really like it, I don't find it bright but it is very detailed and revealing of lesser sources, I've also had the ms1 and the 60i before and liked them so much I've bought both again and will have them and the 225 at the same time, I plan to move at least one of the 3 but who knows, I've always wanted to try the 80 too, maybe I should, the point being I think with grados more than most other headphones, higher price doesn't really equate to preference

another edit, tried posting from my nexus and messed this posting up !! lol

Edited by jaywillin - 6/23/13 at 9:51am
post #7746 of 21134

picked up a Fiio E10 for $40.  This little box is a great match with my 325i so far.  very warm amp, lots of depth and punch and the bass boost doesn't sound cheesy, it is very musical and controlled. 
 

post #7747 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

picked up a Fiio E10 for $40.  This little box is a great match with my 325i so far.  very warm amp, lots of depth and punch and the bass boost doesn't sound cheesy, it is very musical and controlled. 
 


  the e10 was my first dac/amp, and has been my only constant in my system, i paid under $50something maybe a yr and a half ago

its hard to beat fiio at the price

post #7748 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

Make sure you double check your spelling next time you post. biggrin.gif

Thanks! I will!
post #7749 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Only joking around around about the comment from stacker45. I personally love the sound of the 80i also!

 

I too love my SR80i, i use them mostly in my home office with my vintage Marantz 2220B, and Pioneer RT1020L reel to reel tape recorder, both of wich, i find, tames their sometimes over enthusiastic sound signature.

 

Everytime i go from my PS/HP 1000 to my SR80i, i cringe a little, antisipating a big drop in sound quality, and everytimes it turns out that i'm pleasantly surprised by how good they sound. They're certainly one of the best buys out there, talk about a no brainer.

post #7750 of 21134

I totally agree. The 80s lack some of the qualities in the higher end Grados that so many of us fall in love with, but they still maintain that beautiful open, airy presentation that captivated me from the very first listen. Something about the way Grados preserve the natural timbre of vocals and instruments is just plain addicting, and even the 80s give you a nice taste of that. 

 

Some headphone lines give you vastly different presentations as you move up the line, but I love how with Grados is just more of a good thing the higher you go. I can have my 80s on during a web surfing session, and then later on when I want a higher degree of refinement, a larger sound stage, maybe a low end that is a bit more fleshed out, I just pop on my 500s and I'm good to go. 

 

When I heard the Sennheiser HD800s the other day for the first time, it sounded absolutely NOTHING like the 518s that I owned previously. The 518s did nothing for me at all, and that was a big reason why it has taken until recently that I was even interested in auditioning a higher end Senn. I much prefer the way Grado does it. I love that the 80s still give me a small taste of what the nicer models offer. 

post #7751 of 21134
Well, i just tore the cable on my PortaPro's, so in the coming week i'll be buying the SR80i.
There are days when i hate my clumsiness...
post #7752 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

Well, i just tore the cable on my PortaPro's, so in the coming week i'll be buying the SR80i.
There are days when i hate my clumsiness...


On the other hand you will enjoy re-discovering all your music with the SR80's

post #7753 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post


On the other hand you will enjoy re-discovering all your music with the SR80's

This is true, still, these were the red portapro's, i liked them a lot.




About the SR80i's: would it be wise to get them at an official seller for €169, or from the local online market place for €90?
post #7754 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


This is true, still, these were the red portapro's, i liked them a lot.




About the SR80i's: would it be wise to get them at an official seller for €169, or from the local online market place for €90?


Depends on how badly you want a warranty that is honored by the manufacturer . I am assuming you are talking about new phones in both cases?

post #7755 of 21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post


Depends on how badly you want a warranty that is honored by the manufacturer . I am assuming you are talking about new phones in both cases?

New vs as good as new.(or new, two people are selling for almost same price)

I don't know if i'm going to need that warranty.

€70 off, but without warranty seems worth it to me, i should probably go for it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!