Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 516

post #7726 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


i became an addict !! in addition to my 225, i bought another ms1, and may buy another 60


That is the really weird thing about Grado's, they supposedly all have the same 'Grado' sound but you just keep getting more of them.

post #7727 of 21236

I feel VERY lucky to own the whole 1000 family, and the giant killers SR80i, so yes, i guess they are addictive.

post #7728 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

I feel VERY lucky to own the whole 1000 family, and the giant killers SR80i, so yes, i guess they are addictive.

Maybe next month i can get the SR80i, as my RS-2 really aren't meant for portable use.

When i went to the shop (where i eventually bought my RS-2) and said, after listening, that i liked the SR80i more than the SR324is, the store owner looked pretty upset, and said "that is impossible"

it seems that i'm not the only one thinking this though.
post #7729 of 21236

It's easily understood, the 325's need to breakin! Until then they can be quite rough, but afterwards watch out!

post #7730 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger333 View Post

It's easily understood, the 325's need to breakin! Until then they can be quite rough, but afterwards watch out!

Consodering they were the demo models i had listened to, i think they had enough burn in time.
The 325is' sound "cold" to me, while the 80i's sound warmer, and had a bigger soundstage.
post #7731 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Consodering they were the demo models i had listened to, i think they had enough burn in time.
The 325is' sound "cold" to me, while the 80i's sound warmer, and had a bigger soundstage.

The difference are less now than before the "i" upgrades as the two models now have the same size cups.

Before the "i" upgrades the 325 had larger outer cups than the SR 60/80/125/225 and IMO the difference was more apparent.

post #7732 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post


That is the really weird thing about Grado's, they supposedly all have the same 'Grado' sound but you just keep getting more of them.

 

well, they are all the same, but different !?!? lol,   with the 3 i've heard, each ones strengths were different enough to where i could pick one as the best one day, and then a different one another day, now the 3 i've heard are the 60i, the ms1, and the 225i now i've kept the 225 , and sold the other 2, and now i've got the ms1 on the way, and i may buy another 60, and sell the 225, i don't know, but its sure fun playing in this sand box ! lol

post #7733 of 21236

I have the SR80i's with the L-cush pads. Absolutely love them! So, of course, I'm thinking of upgrading beyersmile.png

 

What's the next step above the SR80i's where I will hear a noticeable difference?

 

 

Frank

post #7734 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


Maybe next month i can get the SR80i, as my RS-2 really aren't meant for portable use.

When i went to the shop (where i eventually bought my RS-2) and said, after listening, that i liked the SR80i more than the SR324is, the store owner looked pretty upset, and said "that is impossible"

it seems that i'm not the only one thinking this though.

 

If you liked the SR80i more than the 324iswink.gif, than you're living proof that it is possible to prefer the SR80i.

 

My favorite Grados are the PS1000, and it wouldn't bother me one bit if you'd tell me that you prefer your RS2 to the PS1000, in fact, i'd be happy for you, because that would mean that you saved yourself a lot of money.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

The difference are less now than before the "i" upgrades as the two models now have the same size cups.

Before the "i" upgrades the 325 had larger outer cups than the SR 60/80/125/225 and IMO the difference was more apparent.

 

I agree.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post

I have the SR80i's with the L-cush pads. Absolutely love them! So, of course, I'm thinking of upgrading beyersmile.png

 

What's the next step above the SR80i's where I will hear a noticeable difference?

 

 

Frank

 

That depends on your budget, i think that they're are slight differences between all of the SR models, at least up to the SR225i. For me, that means that your SR80i are giving you the lion's share of the SR225i sound.

 

If you intend on keeping your SR80i, and you want something with a really different sound signature, you might want to listen to the PS500, if you can stretch it.

post #7735 of 21236

If you liked the SR80i more than the 324iswink.gif, than you're living proof that it is possible to prefer the SR80i.

 

Another funny one from you stacker45


Edited by joseph69 - 6/22/13 at 8:07pm
post #7736 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ View Post

I have the SR80i's with the L-cush pads. Absolutely love them! So, of course, I'm thinking of upgrading beyersmile.png

What's the next step above the SR80i's where I will hear a noticeable difference?


Frank

I went from the sr80i to the 225i. I ended up selling the 225i because it just didn't give me the same experience I got from the 80i. The 80i was just a more "fun" headphone. While the 225i was definitely more powerful, but a bit more fatiguing to me.
post #7737 of 21236

A lot of stuff came in and I survived with Grado cans since I join headfi.

post #7738 of 21236
I heard no real difference between the 60 and the 80. *Shrug*

I didn't hear any really significant difference until I got to the 225 and 325, and between the two, i prefer the 225 because of price/performance. the 325 seems so extremely underperform at its price tag.
post #7739 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post

 

well, they are all the same, but different !?!? lol,   with the 3 i've heard, each ones strengths were different enough to where i could pick one as the best one day, and then a different one another day, now the 3 i've heard are the 60i, the ms1, and the 225i now i've kept the 225 , and sold the other 2, and now i've got the ms1 on the way, and i may buy another 60, and sell the 225, i don't know, but its sure fun playing in this sand box ! lol


I hear ya..it really is an addiction isn't it! I am missing my 125i so much I have decided to get another one, trying to hold out as long as possible, maybe I'll save enough money for the RS1i by then and can actually upgrade my system instead of sidegradeing it <LOL>

post #7740 of 21236
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

If you liked the SR80i more than the 324is
wink.gif
, than you're living proof that it is possible to prefer the SR80i.


Another funny one from you stacker45

Remind me to double-check my spelling next time i post wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!