Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 425

post #6361 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz View Post

If it's any consolation, I like the SR60i, SR80i, and SR125i (all equipped with L-Cush) better than the SR225i and SR325is.

It's why I always suggest the SR60i, or the SR80i if you want a touch more bass. They are the safer choices in my opinion.

I definitely agree. Might have to buy myself another pair..... or maybe the ps500 eventually
post #6362 of 18598

I'm looking forward to getting a PS500 also...soon! **laughs evil-ish-ly while petting my mother-in-law's 15lb. cat*


Edited by wormsdriver - 3/6/13 at 2:03am
post #6363 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post

I let my parents have a quick audition with them and they loved it!  They looked so pleased with it I decided to give it to them.  They shortly bought 2 Sansa Clip Zips and I haven't seen them without it since smily_headphones1.gif

That's a great combination, too. I really like the sound of my Clip+ with my Grados. For under $100, the SR-60 and Clip+ would be my pick as one of the most awesome combos for giving someone the gift of great sound smily_headphones1.gif
post #6364 of 18598

I went through and read some of the post on the "High End Audio" , most of them I realized are not satisfied with the gears that they already owned e.g HD800 They were comparing these with LCD 3 and LCD 2. Always trying to convince themselves what would be their next upgrade path. And the Question which is the best Headphones to own and different opinions from various owners. I have BEEN there and DONE that. Now I am more of learning to appreciate the MUSIC. No more fooled by these so called High End Audio. Anyway got my second SR60 also used.

post #6365 of 18598

The BEST Headphones in the WORLD are the ONE that you already own.

post #6366 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwind View Post

I went through and read some of the post on the "High End Audio" , most of them I realized are not satisfied with the gears that they already owned e.g HD800 They were comparing these with LCD 3 and LCD 2. Always trying to convince themselves what would be their next upgrade path. And the Question which is the best Headphones to own and different opinions from various owners. I have BEEN there and DONE that. Now I am more of learning to appreciate the MUSIC. No more fooled by these so called High End Audio. Anyway got my second SR60 also used.

 

 

Yep, that's a trap that a lot of us fall into. We're always seduced by the idea that there is something better than what we already have, even when what we have is already really good. Many of us also love the feeling of getting new toys, as well. I realized that I was falling down this path several years ago with my home audio rig. I sort of snapped out of it, though, and now my home rig has been pretty stable since around 2009. I've just about hit the same point with headphone gear, as well. But you're exactly right...you can't lose sight of the purpose of all this, and that's the music and movies. I've been listenign to my 80s all night tonight since I've been in bed sick for the last few days, and it's really been a lot of fun. My little Audioengine DAC that I paid about $140 for and my SR80s which were $99. It's a very, very satisfying pairing. 

post #6367 of 18598

Just close your eyes and and feel the MUSIC..you will learn to love your headphones more.

post #6368 of 18598
My Grados are all on "extended loan".

I miss them now :c
post #6369 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

My Grados are all on "extended loan".

I miss them now :c

Why would you do such a thing? ph34r.gif

tongue.gif
post #6370 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I'm looking forward to getting a PS500 also...soon! **laughs evil-ish-ly while petting my mother-in-law's 15lb. cat*

 

Leave your mother's cat out of this!   very_evil_smiley.gif

post #6371 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

My Grados are all on "extended loan".

I miss them now :c

Would you care to comment on your PS1000's? I am dying to hear a pair, and am just wondering what you think of them compared to some of the other high end headphones.

post #6372 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

My Grados are all on "extended loan".

I miss them now :c

 

That's a very nice headphone collection you got there.

post #6373 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz View Post

Would you care to comment on your PS1000's? I am dying to hear a pair, and am just wondering what you think of them compared to some of the other high end headphones.

The PS1000 is a beast when it comes to soundstage, and nothing renders guitars as well as a Grado, honestly. I like that it feels like my RS1i but with a bigger soundstage and more refined than the GS1000i when it comes to treble (sibilance issue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

That's a very nice headphone collection you got there.

Thanks! Its kind of out of date now though, havent added the TH900 and 009.
post #6374 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

The PS1000 is a beast when it comes to soundstage, and nothing renders guitars as well as a Grado, honestly. I like that it feels like my RS1i but with a bigger soundstage and more refined than the GS1000i when it comes to treble (sibilance issue)

So for someone who finds the RS-1 treble bang-on, how would you put the PS-1000 into that?
post #6375 of 18598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


The PS1000 is a beast when it comes to soundstage, and nothing renders guitars as well as a Grado, honestly. I like that it feels like my RS1i but with a bigger soundstage and more refined than the GS1000i when it comes to treble (sibilance issue)

That makes me more intrigued than ever!

 

Some of my hopes for the PS1000 were greater soundstage, a not-too-sharp treble, and that Grado-like rendition of guitars.

 

Some of my concerns are still that the mids might sound withdrawn and that the bass is overly exaggerated (like PS500). I don't mind a little bass coloration, but if it's to the extent that the PS500 colors bass, then I probably wouldn't dig it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!