+1. I wouldn't "upgrade"
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Topping NX1 Australian Tour - DJScopeFirstly I'd like to thank @DMax99 for sending this awesome little portable headphone amplifier on a tour of Australia, and @H20Fidelity for helping out organise...
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 423
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ten years ago? Like post-2001? I highly doubt those are Joe Grado cans. I agree with the 225/580 comparison though. I'd just enjoy them for what they are, and not worry about replacing them with the current SR-225; if you really want to upgrade, I'd look at an RS or GS.
The last of the Joe Grado drivers were gone by the early 90s...
IIRC the pink transitional drivers showed up around '92 - '93....
I wanted to say ~1993, so that's not far off. Not bad for half-awake at all.
Thanks for clarification too.
The entry level Grados - the SR80s and 60s - are pretty amazing values for those who connect with the Grado signature. I have or had the GS1000s, PS500s, and SR325s, but I still use my 80s every day. Recently I've put my AudioEngine D1 dac back with my laptop, which is primarily how it's designed, and that combined with the SR80s give one heck of an enjoyable performance when I'm online. I often come across youtube videos that just sound stellar. It's pretty remarkable. If I had to, I could be very happy with just my 80s for many years. I get that much enjoyment from them.
I was looking for the Sr60 because it won the “What Hi-Fi?” – “Best Headphones” award twice and also “Best Hi-Fi Headphones” award too and have received 5 star rating from them from as early as 2000! No regrets in getting them.It brings back that WOW feeling again.
That's the pair I sent a buddy of mine who is sort of down on his luck but loves Jazz music. Both he and his brother have been using them and are already in love...two new fans of Grado for the price of one! haha
If it's any consolation, I like the SR60i, SR80i, and SR125i (all equipped with L-Cush) better than the SR225i and SR325is.
It's why I always suggest the SR60i, or the SR80i if you want a touch more bass. They are the safer choices in my opinion.
I let my parents have a quick audition with them and they loved it! They looked so pleased with it I decided to give it to them. They shortly bought 2 Sansa Clip Zips and I haven't seen them without it since
I definitely agree. Might have to buy myself another pair..... or maybe the ps500 eventually
That's a great combination, too. I really like the sound of my Clip+ with my Grados. For under $100, the SR-60 and Clip+ would be my pick as one of the most awesome combos for giving someone the gift of great sound
I went through and read some of the post on the "High End Audio" , most of them I realized are not satisfied with the gears that they already owned e.g HD800 They were comparing these with LCD 3 and LCD 2. Always trying to convince themselves what would be their next upgrade path. And the Question which is the best Headphones to own and different opinions from various owners. I have BEEN there and DONE that. Now I am more of learning to appreciate the MUSIC. No more fooled by these so called High End Audio. Anyway got my second SR60 also used.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 54 seconds ago
- › WTB - Schiit Modi OR Schiit Modi 2 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Bauhn Noise Canceling Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2