thanks for the info guys. i've decided to buy a set of Beyerdynamic DT880 over the Grados cos i have never actually tried a set of Grados on. thought I best be safe about my first venture into semi-audiophile land haha. I wouldn't mind buying a set of SR60i in the future. they sound like very interesting headphones...and i like the look if i got some wooden cups on them. maybe after I buy my tube amp. thanks anyway guys
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would recommend the SR60i with L-Cush pads. The L-Cush pads are key.
Or, if you want slightly more bass and a slightly more aggressive sound, grab the SR80i with L-Cush pads for $20 more.
You won't be sorry
Cool-I just bought the SR225i and am waiting for my Schiit Asgard 2- but more for rock, metal, indie, folk, etc.
I'm saving and thinking of the HE400 or 500 as as a second set of cans, but could be tempted by the RS1i as well.
How about the 500? I'm going to have to give that an audition....
I'm thinking RS1 and HE 500 would be pretty darn sweet- and about $1400 spent!
I just picked up a pair of iGrados.
They are replacing the Sennheiser PX-100 ii that I lost!
I prefer the iGrados.
The O2 is a transparent amp, so I don't think the term, synergy, applies.
Personally, I've had the SR325is for three weeks and I think they sound great with the O2. I hardly listen to my HD-650's since I bought the Grados.
I know what you mean, i sold my HD600, not long after i've bought my GS1000 and never regreted it.
WOW!, congrats, i'd give my left nut to hear my HP1000 through these!
I agree the MS2i's reproduce guitars beautifully.
I listen to jazz-rock 50/50 and I might even enjoy the way they do the jazz more than the rock at times.
For me, their greatest quality is truth of timbre. The sound of a cymbal, the woody sound of a sax, the brassy attack of a horn, hand on drum skin, the voice. Everything clearly heard (seen?) separately, yet coherent as a group. Also a very consistent "house sound" through the whole line. Yes, they are great for jaz
was this the one recently sold on eBay? glad to know it sounds as good as it looks, congrats!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 22 seconds ago
- › Westone ES5, Rooth LS8 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all 4 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 6 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)