thanks for the info guys. i've decided to buy a set of Beyerdynamic DT880 over the Grados cos i have never actually tried a set of Grados on. thought I best be safe about my first venture into semi-audiophile land haha. I wouldn't mind buying a set of SR60i in the future. they sound like very interesting headphones...and i like the look if i got some wooden cups on them. maybe after I buy my tube amp. thanks anyway guys
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would recommend the SR60i with L-Cush pads. The L-Cush pads are key.
Or, if you want slightly more bass and a slightly more aggressive sound, grab the SR80i with L-Cush pads for $20 more.
You won't be sorry
Cool-I just bought the SR225i and am waiting for my Schiit Asgard 2- but more for rock, metal, indie, folk, etc.
I'm saving and thinking of the HE400 or 500 as as a second set of cans, but could be tempted by the RS1i as well.
How about the 500? I'm going to have to give that an audition....
I'm thinking RS1 and HE 500 would be pretty darn sweet- and about $1400 spent!
I just picked up a pair of iGrados.
They are replacing the Sennheiser PX-100 ii that I lost!
I prefer the iGrados.
The O2 is a transparent amp, so I don't think the term, synergy, applies.
Personally, I've had the SR325is for three weeks and I think they sound great with the O2. I hardly listen to my HD-650's since I bought the Grados.
I know what you mean, i sold my HD600, not long after i've bought my GS1000 and never regreted it.
WOW!, congrats, i'd give my left nut to hear my HP1000 through these!
I agree the MS2i's reproduce guitars beautifully.
I listen to jazz-rock 50/50 and I might even enjoy the way they do the jazz more than the rock at times.
For me, their greatest quality is truth of timbre. The sound of a cymbal, the woody sound of a sax, the brassy attack of a horn, hand on drum skin, the voice. Everything clearly heard (seen?) separately, yet coherent as a group. Also a very consistent "house sound" through the whole line. Yes, they are great for jaz
was this the one recently sold on eBay? glad to know it sounds as good as it looks, congrats!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 20 seconds ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 21 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor SL S9018 34 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 38 seconds ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)