thanks for the info guys. i've decided to buy a set of Beyerdynamic DT880 over the Grados cos i have never actually tried a set of Grados on. thought I best be safe about my first venture into semi-audiophile land haha. I wouldn't mind buying a set of SR60i in the future. they sound like very interesting headphones...and i like the look if i got some wooden cups on them. maybe after I buy my tube amp. thanks anyway guys
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would recommend the SR60i with L-Cush pads. The L-Cush pads are key.
Or, if you want slightly more bass and a slightly more aggressive sound, grab the SR80i with L-Cush pads for $20 more.
You won't be sorry
Cool-I just bought the SR225i and am waiting for my Schiit Asgard 2- but more for rock, metal, indie, folk, etc.
I'm saving and thinking of the HE400 or 500 as as a second set of cans, but could be tempted by the RS1i as well.
How about the 500? I'm going to have to give that an audition....
I'm thinking RS1 and HE 500 would be pretty darn sweet- and about $1400 spent!
I just picked up a pair of iGrados.
They are replacing the Sennheiser PX-100 ii that I lost!
I prefer the iGrados.
The O2 is a transparent amp, so I don't think the term, synergy, applies.
Personally, I've had the SR325is for three weeks and I think they sound great with the O2. I hardly listen to my HD-650's since I bought the Grados.
I know what you mean, i sold my HD600, not long after i've bought my GS1000 and never regreted it.
WOW!, congrats, i'd give my left nut to hear my HP1000 through these!
I agree the MS2i's reproduce guitars beautifully.
I listen to jazz-rock 50/50 and I might even enjoy the way they do the jazz more than the rock at times.
For me, their greatest quality is truth of timbre. The sound of a cymbal, the woody sound of a sax, the brassy attack of a horn, hand on drum skin, the voice. Everything clearly heard (seen?) separately, yet coherent as a group. Also a very consistent "house sound" through the whole line. Yes, they are great for jaz
was this the one recently sold on eBay? glad to know it sounds as good as it looks, congrats!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Noble PR (pure / reference) Australian Tour Thread (Reviews and... 27 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP100 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 8 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 12 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)