thanks for the info guys. i've decided to buy a set of Beyerdynamic DT880 over the Grados cos i have never actually tried a set of Grados on. thought I best be safe about my first venture into semi-audiophile land haha. I wouldn't mind buying a set of SR60i in the future. they sound like very interesting headphones...and i like the look if i got some wooden cups on them. maybe after I buy my tube amp. thanks anyway guys
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would recommend the SR60i with L-Cush pads. The L-Cush pads are key.
Or, if you want slightly more bass and a slightly more aggressive sound, grab the SR80i with L-Cush pads for $20 more.
You won't be sorry
Cool-I just bought the SR225i and am waiting for my Schiit Asgard 2- but more for rock, metal, indie, folk, etc.
I'm saving and thinking of the HE400 or 500 as as a second set of cans, but could be tempted by the RS1i as well.
How about the 500? I'm going to have to give that an audition....
I'm thinking RS1 and HE 500 would be pretty darn sweet- and about $1400 spent!
I just picked up a pair of iGrados.
They are replacing the Sennheiser PX-100 ii that I lost!
I prefer the iGrados.
The O2 is a transparent amp, so I don't think the term, synergy, applies.
Personally, I've had the SR325is for three weeks and I think they sound great with the O2. I hardly listen to my HD-650's since I bought the Grados.
I know what you mean, i sold my HD600, not long after i've bought my GS1000 and never regreted it.
WOW!, congrats, i'd give my left nut to hear my HP1000 through these!
I agree the MS2i's reproduce guitars beautifully.
I listen to jazz-rock 50/50 and I might even enjoy the way they do the jazz more than the rock at times.
For me, their greatest quality is truth of timbre. The sound of a cymbal, the woody sound of a sax, the brassy attack of a horn, hand on drum skin, the voice. Everything clearly heard (seen?) separately, yet coherent as a group. Also a very consistent "house sound" through the whole line. Yes, they are great for jaz
was this the one recently sold on eBay? glad to know it sounds as good as it looks, congrats!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 36 seconds ago
- › Ready to get into hi end. lcd-x + schiit stack or wa22 + hd800 +... 59 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T50P Portable and Elegant Tesla Headphone Technology 1 minute ago
- › DAP Recommendation 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X1 (US) 1 minute ago
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › what sound signature is best for modern music(pop,edm etc.)? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)