- 121 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Kanata
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 417
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have to say...I have had my PS500 for a month now..Just picked up some Beyerdynamic T1's. It's early but I think the PS500 is a better sounding can. Or maybe just more fun.Yes the sound stage is bigger on the T1 and is more clear as well... Maybe I am just a Grado lover. I have never listened to any other Grado's. Any other suggestions on picking up another set of Grado's to add to my PS500?
I love my T1s, but I'm on record many times saying that if I were forced to choose between the PS500s and the T1s, the Grados would be my preference. That's not a knock on the T1s at all....I love them and get a tremendous amount of enjoyment from them. But the PS500s are the best headphones I've heard to date in terms of my own preferences. My top 3 pair as of today are the PS500s, the T1s, and then the GS1000is.
Here is a great example of why I love my Grado SR80s for web surfing...
I'll come across some music on youtube that the Grados will just bring to life in a completely unexpected way. I have to give Youtube a ton of credit, cause some of their videos have really amazing audio quality. I just listened to this concert on just my 80s plugged into my Dell laptop....no amps, DACs, etc. I truly enjoyed this...
i used them briefly with a pair of Magnum V5's, but I like the Grado Rs style cups better so my Cabillas' cups are not being used right now. I might put in some Sr225 drivers, or I might sell or trade them for a pair of Rs1 type cups.
Joining the club here (just found the thread)... received my first pair, SR-80s, as a gift. I am now running a set of GS1000i's. I love how the Grado's sound good even at low volume and how comfortable they are on big melons.
that's what she said:
Me too...no mistaking the sound signature and seems to be a perfect match for guitars of any kind.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › La Figaro 339 35 seconds ago
- › Are these the best ~$500 closed headphones for movies and gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Wireless Bluetooth headphones with good sound quality and good bass... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Dx90 Audio tuning issue 1to 90 volume could not hear able at... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3