or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 387

post #5791 of 26909

Lol!! +1 for the "your wife is definitely a keeper" hahaha

post #5792 of 26909
Around 50 hours burn-in time with the PS1000... I'm already liking it more than the RS1i (I still love you, RS1i! Don't forget me!).

Been listening to it thru an AK100 amped with a Pico DAC/Amp...
post #5793 of 26909
Guys, I have an Audio engine D1 as DAC/ Amp. I am just wondering if I is it worth getting a tube amp such as the Little Dot 1 + hybrid tube amp? I have a PS500s.....
post #5794 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8 View Post

Guys, I have an Audio engine D1 as DAC/ Amp. I am just wondering if I is it worth getting a tube amp such as the Little Dot 1 + hybrid tube amp? I have a PS500s.....

I don't own the PS500s, but can attest to my four Grados sounding great from the I+. Three families of tubes, rollable opamps, great price, great sound. Winner indeed.

Cheers!


Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD
post #5795 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculpin View Post

I've been happily using my SR80's for a few years, trying to justify (to myself) purchasing a higher end model after lustfully auditioning them a few times a year, every year.

 

My wife just shocked me with an early Christmas present, PS-500's, so I'm feeling pretty fantastic at the moment! 

 

I want your wife.

post #5796 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by myears View Post

I want your wife.
That is really scary.
post #5797 of 26909

OK, OK ... this is a stupid question and on another forum I know, would get me laughed off of the Internet.  But ... I own and love the SR-225, HF-1, and HF-2.  My question is, does the RS-1 offer any improvements or differences over those three that would justify $695?  Would building a Turbulent Labs Grado from scratch (except for the frame) be better?

post #5798 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


That is really scary.

 

that was the only thing that came to my mind sorry :)

post #5799 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb View Post

OK, OK ... this is a stupid question and on another forum I know, would get me laughed off of the Internet.  But ... I own and love the SR-225, HF-1, and HF-2.  My question is, does the RS-1 offer any improvements or differences over those three that would justify $695?  Would building a Turbulent Labs Grado from scratch (except for the frame) be better?

Haven't heard the HF series, don't know a thing about the HF-2. Versus the SR-225, yes the RS-1 are a big improvement - they get you out of the "wall of sound" presentation and into a nice 3D bubble (small, but 3D). Much smoother and more "grown up" sounding as well. From what I've read about HF-1/RS-1 comparisons, the RS-1 are tighter and smoother sounding there too. They're the best example of the John Grado on-ear design, and among the best dynamic I've ever heard.
post #5800 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


Haven't heard the HF series, don't know a thing about the HF-2. Versus the SR-225, yes the RS-1 are a big improvement - they get you out of the "wall of sound" presentation and into a nice 3D bubble (small, but 3D). Much smoother and more "grown up" sounding as well. From what I've read about HF-1/RS-1 comparisons, the RS-1 are tighter and smoother sounding there too. They're the best example of the John Grado on-ear design, and among the best dynamic I've ever heard.

I love my Rs-2, but now your making me want an Rs-1!smile.gif

post #5801 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I love my Rs-2, but now your making me want an Rs-1!smile.gif

I've never actually heard the RS-2; I'm curious about them though, because on one hand they're described as very similar (I think Grado uses the term "little brother"), and the other as flatter/smoother. The later would actually be more interesting to me, but I went with the RS-1 because I figured if I saved the money and got the RS-2, I'd second-guess myself and want the RS-1. I did not, however, follow that out to completion and realize that I'd end up second guessing *not* getting the RS-2...rolleyes.gif
post #5802 of 26909

^To tell you the truth, after owning the Sr225i and Sr125, I thought I was done with Grados for good due to comfort issues. I had always been a bit curious about the Reference Series Grados, but I would never pay retail or even what they usually go for in the used market. Luckily, I came across this used pair of Rs-2(non i version) on the for sale thread at an excellent price, so I pulled the trigger on them knowing I could VERY easily sell them for the same price if I didn't like 'em. Weeeellll, very much to my surprise, I liked them! Hell, I LOVE THEM!!! For the time being, these phones have totally changed my mind about Grados and I would definitely have to say that they are worth every penny!(yes, even retail)evil_smiley.gif

post #5803 of 26909
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


I've never actually heard the RS-2; I'm curious about them though, because on one hand they're described as very similar (I think Grado uses the term "little brother"), and the other as flatter/smoother. The later would actually be more interesting to me, but I went with the RS-1 because I figured if I saved the money and got the RS-2, I'd second-guess myself and want the RS-1. I did not, however, follow that out to completion and realize that I'd end up second guessing *not* getting the RS-2...rolleyes.gif

 

lol, gosh that whole concept is so familiar to me...I often pride myself on my ability to anticipate where a purchase decision would lead me, but even when I think I've got all my bases covered, I realize that I overlooked something after the fact. I guess it's just part of the fun of this hobby :)

post #5804 of 26909

Honestly I impulse-bought the RS1i and its one of my favorite headphones to date. Although I don't use it as much now... Thanks to the PS1000...

post #5805 of 26909

The PS1000 is an endgame for some.

For me, the RS1i has a long-term home in my collection.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!