Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 322

post #4816 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcf View Post

To answer your questions:

 

1) I have seen at least one pair of SR100 with HP1000 drivers but no red lettering.

2) I have not seen any other Grado models with red lettering other than SR100.

 

HP1000 drivers also show up in some early SR325, as well as SR100/200/300. The HP1000 drivers didn't get into SR series because Grado Labs ran out of never drivers. It happend BEFORE John had any other drivers other than the HP1000 ones.

BTW you have the nicest collection of Grados. Did you buy the vintage models back when new, if you don't mind me asking? It would be difficult to amass them now! 

post #4817 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

BTW you have the nicest collection of Grados. Did you buy the vintage models back when new, if you don't mind me asking? It would be difficult to amass them now! 

I bought most of my Grados used. Some of these older ones are hard to come by these days. Since I had my HP1000 upgraded by Joe, I hardly never use the other Grados except for the black 325 with the Magnum V4 drivers- technically not a Grado anymore.

post #4818 of 17398

Enjoy, cheers!!

post #4819 of 17398

Which one is better the grado PS500 or the RS2i??? I already have the sr325is and I really love it. However,  I want to upgrade. I usually listen to metal, classical, jazz, electronic and instrumental music. I use an ipod nano with a Fiio E6 and Fiio E7. 

 

Which one do you think is better for my needs??? thanks

post #4820 of 17398

I did not hear much differences between the 325is and RS2i, but the RS2i are noticeably lighter and more comfy.

I've never heard the PS500, but IMO, since you have the 325is, I'd consider the PS500 or the RS1i.

I found the Rs1i to be a step up from the 325is, I think because it has larger (more volume) cups. It also has nicer hardware (metal gimbals).

If you search the reviews of the PS500 you will many comparisons to the RS1/2. Enjoy! SFYW!!

post #4821 of 17398

having that feeling that is pointless to share music that you like on facebook since none of your friends have some decent headphone...

post #4822 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by myears View Post

having that feeling that is pointless to share music that you like on facebook since none of your friends have some decent headphone...

...or as the same tastes.

post #4823 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

I did not hear much differences between the 325is and RS2i, but the RS2i are noticeably lighter and more comfy.

I've never heard the PS500, but IMO, since you have the 325is, I'd consider the PS500 or the RS1i.

I found the Rs1i to be a step up from the 325is, I think because it has larger (more volume) cups. It also has nicer hardware (metal gimbals).

If you search the reviews of the PS500 you will many comparisons to the RS1/2. Enjoy! SFYW!!

But do you think I can amp the PS500 or the RS1i with a fiio e6 or fiio e7? I think those portable amps are to weak for these headphones... what do you think??

post #4824 of 17398
Sell your RS325 and buy the PS500 with a good amp and do not look back.

I auditioned most all current Grado lineup and the PS500 sounds Grado with more or I would say a lot better bass the the rest. I still prefer it than the PS1000....
post #4825 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

But do you think I can amp the PS500 or the RS1i with a fiio e6 or fiio e7? I think those portable amps are to weak for these headphones... what do you think??

Grado's generally don't need amping in the sense that you won't get adequate volume out of almost any source.  If you are looking for something that's just a great match with grado's in terms of sound signature, the Little Dot 1+ is amazing value...

 

Are you planning on using your grado's for portable use?

post #4826 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errymoose View Post

Grado's generally don't need amping in the sense that you won't get adequate volume out of almost any source.  If you are looking for something that's just a great match with grado's in terms of sound signature, the Little Dot 1+ is amazing value...

 

Are you planning on using your grado's for portable use?

No, However I lack of space in my apartment with 3 roomates lol! thats why I need a portable amp!! 

post #4827 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

But do you think I can amp the PS500 or the RS1i with a fiio e6 or fiio e7? I think those portable amps are to weak for these headphones... what do you think??

 

YOu'll be surprised at how good the PS500s sound from just the headphone jack. I think it was in this thread just a few pages back where we were talking about how amazing they sound with just a Kindle Fire from Amazon. They will certainly scale with a nicer amp, and it's fun to play around with tube amps, as well, but they sound great from very modest sources, too. It's one of the great things about Grado, IMO. 

post #4828 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

YOu'll be surprised at how good the PS500s sound from just the headphone jack. I think it was in this thread just a few pages back where we were talking about how amazing they sound with just a Kindle Fire from Amazon. They will certainly scale with a nicer amp, and it's fun to play around with tube amps, as well, but they sound great from very modest sources, too. It's one of the great things about Grado, IMO. 


That's true my grado sr325is sounds amazing even without an amp. do you know where I can find one in a good price? besides amazon.com????

post #4829 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post


That's true my grado sr325is sounds amazing even without an amp. do you know where I can find one in a good price? besides amazon.com????

 

I usually check www.thefind.com for deals...

post #4830 of 17398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I usually check www.thefind.com for deals...


Thanks for the tip! beyersmile.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!