Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 295

post #4411 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esphynol JMD View Post

Chris, Im thinking to upgrade with Magnum driver SOON and send to headphonelounge. :)

 

Good man, I'm sure we'll take care of you somewhat well ;)

post #4412 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

 

Boomy bass and muffled sound? I have yet to hear a Grado that sounds like that....very odd. The Grados I have are very detailed and airy with a tight, crisp bass response. 

 

Agreed, my Grados are clear as can be. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I have not heard a headphone that exceeds the PS500 in overall sound quality.

post #4413 of 21125

I'm still rediscovering my HP1000 now with flats,and i just finish listening to Patricia Barber's live 'Companion' on SACD,and i never tought that they could go so low and hit so hard,so far,i like what i'm hearing.

post #4414 of 21125

I'm loving my PS500 on DNA Stratus... music never sound so alive... truly amazing.

post #4415 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbull View Post

I'm loving my PS500 on DNA Stratus... music never sound so alive... truly amazing.

 

Wow, I bet that does sound nice. I really think I may pull the trigger on a nice tube amp for my 500s later this year. I have a few on my short list, but am really leaning toward giving Dr.P a little more business at Mapletree Audio Design. Grados with tubes is a pretty amazing thing. 

post #4416 of 21125

Bought an Ear+ HD, use extensively with my GS1000 and RS-2.  Hooked into the BluRay as I love my movies with my Grados.  Amazing movie experience with none of the wife complaints.  Just watched Twister again tonight for the first time in years....  good movie for the Grados.

post #4417 of 21125

Ok, bad choice of words, I meant louder bass as compared to my iem, which isn't really all that loud.

But the bass isn't the problem, in fact, I think it had just the right amount of bass.

 

The problem is the mids & highs. (Don't kill meatsmile.gif)

They were clear, but only about as clear (or marginally less clear) as my IEM. I was expecting more. Albeit my IEM are said to be mid-centric.

Also, the sound/instruments seemed a bit distant, maybe due to a bad fit? or the comfies? or the open nature of these headphones?

Would these be remedied by getting a pair for myself and modding it to my liking?

 

Note: I am comparing IEMS to headphones, which might be a far stretch.

 

Edit: Seems like grados just aren't for me (for now). Thanks for the input though.


Edited by n00bin4t0r - 9/6/12 at 3:56am
post #4418 of 21125

I have the SR60s for nearly 5 years now...and should say they are simple, neat and unassuming...I've been using them almost daily...looking forward to upgrade someday sooner...any recommendation on which would be a good next step from the Grado lineup?

post #4419 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydianpsyche View Post

I have the SR60s for nearly 5 years now...and should say they are simple, neat and unassuming...I've been using them almost daily...looking forward to upgrade someday sooner...any recommendation on which would be a good next step from the Grado lineup?

 

I'd say it depends on your budget...the RS-1/RS-2/PS500 is a nice place to be if you can choose from among those. If you don't want to jump quite that far, the 225s would probably be a logical landing point. 

post #4420 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holleyman View Post

Bought an Ear+ HD, use extensively with my GS1000 and RS-2.  Hooked into the BluRay as I love my movies with my Grados.  Amazing movie experience with none of the wife complaints.  Just watched Twister again tonight for the first time in years....  good movie for the Grados.

 

Awesome, I love hearing about others using their headphones for movies. How are you liking the MAD amp? And do you find the RS-2s and the GS1ks to be more different or similar? 

post #4421 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bin4t0r View Post

Ok, bad choice of words, I meant louder bass as compared to my iem, which isn't really all that loud.

But the bass isn't the problem, in fact, I think it had just the right amount of bass.

 

The problem is the mids & highs. (Don't kill meatsmile.gif)

They were clear, but only about as clear (or marginally less clear) as my IEM. I was expecting more. Albeit my IEM are said to be mid-centric.

Also, the sound/instruments seemed a bit distant, maybe due to a bad fit? or the comfies? or the open nature of these headphones?

Would these be remedied by getting a pair for myself and modding it to my liking?

 

Note: I am comparing IEMS to headphones, which might be a far stretch.

 

 

Well, sounds like it's good you have other options that you prefer and that Grados may not be for you...nothing wrong with that...more for the rest of us :)

post #4422 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydianpsyche View Post

I have the SR60s for nearly 5 years now...and should say they are simple, neat and unassuming...I've been using them almost daily...looking forward to upgrade someday sooner...any recommendation on which would be a good next step from the Grado lineup?


The 225i is the next logical step up.  Stretch goal is the Alessandro MS2i.  The RS and PS lines are great, but quite different from the SR's "wall of sound".  The 325is and its MS2i sibling are transition cans, while still being/sounding more SR than anything else.

post #4423 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bin4t0r View Post

Ok, bad choice of words, I meant louder bass as compared to my iem, which isn't really all that loud.

But the bass isn't the problem, in fact, I think it had just the right amount of bass.

 

The problem is the mids & highs. (Don't kill meatsmile.gif)

They were clear, but only about as clear (or marginally less clear) as my IEM. I was expecting more. Albeit my IEM are said to be mid-centric.

Also, the sound/instruments seemed a bit distant, maybe due to a bad fit? or the comfies? or the open nature of these headphones?

Would these be remedied by getting a pair for myself and modding it to my liking?

 

Note: I am comparing IEMS to headphones, which might be a far stretch.

 

hard to say but comparing iems to headphones is a bit apples and oranges. smile.gif

post #4424 of 21125

I'm impressed with SR80i pairing with Govibe Magnum and listen to Chilltronic or vocal trance. The bass is very tight and much controlled. Im not sure due to the Magnum or SR80i. 

post #4425 of 21125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esphynol JMD View Post

I'm impressed with SR80i pairing with Govibe Magnum and listen to Chilltronic or vocal trance. The bass is very tight and much controlled. Im not sure due to the Magnum or SR80i. 

http://soundcloud.com/jazzmoslounge/guidos-lounge-cafe-broadcast-4 Try this music my friend!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!