Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 294

post #4396 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esphynol JMD View Post

Hi, 

Please welcome me to the community. I have owned a Sr80i and I really like it. 

 

SR-225 is the next step.

 

It will be your job to make sure no matter what, you don't give in and buy them! I wish somebody was my counselor because it would have stopped my hobby from getting this bad!

post #4397 of 18807

Save up and get the ps1000s and join focker in his search for enlightenment!

post #4398 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

Save up and get the ps1000s and join focker in his search for enlightenment!

 

LOL!

post #4399 of 18807

Has anyone ever owned a pair of these in ear grado they got a good review in what hifi..Grado iGihttp://www.whathifi.com/news

£90
100100
5
 
 
 
 

Balanced sound and an appealing tone make these headphones worth the price tag

Write your own review
  • For

    Sound is detailed, dynamic and exceptionally balanced

  • Against

    No inline mic for mobile phone users

Grado is more famed for its traditional, on-ear, hi-fi headphones, but it's a canny company when it comes to portable in-ears too.

The iGis produce an exceptionally balanced sound across the frequency range. There's a certain flavour to the sound, but it's a very appealing tone, which can be as exciting as it can be soothing depending on the type of track being played.

Spin Florence + The Machine's No Light, No Light and detail and dynamics are handed out in equal measure. The quiet, insightful moments concentrating on the vocal contrast well when the drum kicks into life.

There's no inline mic, which might put a few mobile phone users off, but they offer sufficient all-round ability to make them an excellent alternative to the Beyerdynamics - and worth the extra pennies


Edited by our martin - 9/4/12 at 6:45am
post #4400 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

Welcome, JMD!  The 80s are fantastic little phones. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer n roar View Post

welcome esphynol jmd. i suspect this place will be your undoing. wink.gif

Thanks guys, I never listen to any Grado before, I just bought it last two months ago without auditioned it. I just read from forum and curios about Grado sound signature. After all, I really love the bright and the forwardness!

post #4401 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

 

SR-225 is the next step.

 

It will be your job to make sure no matter what, you don't give in and buy them! I wish somebody was my counselor because it would have stopped my hobby from getting this bad!

Chris, Im thinking to upgrade with Magnum driver SOON and send to headphonelounge. :)

post #4402 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posam View Post
 

Where does one get one of those, their sick.

My authoriized dealer called Grado up and is getting mine.  <20 bucks, I'm sure.

post #4403 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esphynol JMD View Post

Hi, 

Please welcome me to the community. I have owned a Sr80i and I really like it. 

 

 

Welcome man,the SR80i are great hedphones,but be carefull,this hobby's addictive.

post #4404 of 18807

Hi,

I tried the grado sr60i and sr80i today at a local store and was honestly, underwhelmed.

Sure, it guess its generally better than most consumer, highly advertised, headphones but compared to my iem (VSonic gr06), it sounded more muffled, albeit the grado bass were more boomy.

I suspect that this muffledness could be attributed to the comfies, so I'm just hoping to confirm my suspicion with you head-fi-ers.

Does the comfies significantly compromise the sound quality of the grados?

Would modding the grado (bowl pads, felt thing, hole drilling, etc.) significantly improve the audio quality of these cans?

Or am I just one of those who dislike the grado sound signature?

FYI: I listen to mostly rock/metal like slash/avenged sevenfold, & so was pretty surprised I wasn't blown away by the grados

post #4405 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bin4t0r View Post

Hi,

I tried the grado sr60i and sr80i today at a local store and was honestly, underwhelmed.

Sure, it guess its generally better than most consumer, highly advertised, headphones but compared to my iem (VSonic gr06), it sounded more muffled, albeit the grado bass were more boomy.

I suspect that this muffledness could be attributed to the comfies, so I'm just hoping to confirm my suspicion with you head-fi-ers.

Does the comfies significantly compromise the sound quality of the grados?

Would modding the grado (bowl pads, felt thing, hole drilling, etc.) significantly improve the audio quality of these cans?

Or am I just one of those who dislike the grado sound signature?

FYI: I listen to mostly rock/metal like slash/avenged sevenfold, & so was pretty surprised I wasn't blown away by the grados

I read about the vsonics on headfi they got a good review the cable looks like igrado cable!


Edited by our martin - 9/4/12 at 12:47pm
post #4406 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post


Welcome man,the SR80i are great hedphones,but be carefull,this hobby's addictive.

Thanks. Dream Theater never been alive before without SR80i. Im so addicted to it. Couldnt imagine if with other expensive Grado.
post #4407 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bin4t0r View Post

Hi,

I tried the grado sr60i and sr80i today at a local store and was honestly, underwhelmed.

Sure, it guess its generally better than most consumer, highly advertised, headphones but compared to my iem (VSonic gr06), it sounded more muffled, albeit the grado bass were more boomy.

I suspect that this muffledness could be attributed to the comfies, so I'm just hoping to confirm my suspicion with you head-fi-ers.

Does the comfies significantly compromise the sound quality of the grados?

Would modding the grado (bowl pads, felt thing, hole drilling, etc.) significantly improve the audio quality of these cans?

Or am I just one of those who dislike the grado sound signature?

FYI: I listen to mostly rock/metal like slash/avenged sevenfold, & so was pretty surprised I wasn't blown away by the grados

 

 

Boomy bass and muffled sound? I have yet to hear a Grado that sounds like that....very odd. The Grados I have are very detailed and airy with a tight, crisp bass response. 

post #4408 of 18807

The only time my SR60s have had "boomy bass/muffled sound" is when I tried to compensate for their natural lack of bass with an EQ. They didn't respond very well to that. I wonder if the store had them hooked up to a source EQ'd by the teenage intern?

 

In natural form they were the opposite; sharp and clear but fatiguing.


Edited by machoboy - 9/4/12 at 1:55pm
post #4409 of 18807
Quote:
Originally Posted by machoboy View Post

The only time my SR60s have had "boomy bass/muffled sound" is when I tried to compensate for their natural lack of bass with an EQ. They didn't respond very well to that. I wonder if the store had them hooked up to a source EQ'd by the teenage intern?

 

In natural form they were the opposite; sharp and clear but fatiguing.

 

I can see how they would be fatiguing for anyone who doesn't like a brighter headphone. I tend to prefer anything from neutral to bright on the top end, so I don't experience much fatigue from them at all. 

post #4410 of 18807

I agree, i don't know were he got boomy bass muffled sound from and if he likes rock music grados are the ones, but i have never heard the vsonics but what i have read about them they seem to come with decent headphone cables i.e copper for the sr06 and some sort of silver plating for the sr07..http://www.head-fi.org/t/612586/review-vsonic-gr06-wow


Edited by our martin - 9/4/12 at 3:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!