Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 292

post #4366 of 18146

Today I listened after some time again with the SR325i and it was very nice. For my ears if it comes to voices the SR325i makes many things right. The MS-pro does it similar but with the grado it comes more straight and for singer songwriter stuff this works out so well to my ears.

I ended up listening swearin' and the combination of voices and guitars was brilliant! I know the SR325i is a love/hate thing in the grado line up. Since I belong to the first fraction, I find it the most underrated grado...

post #4367 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post

 Grado T Shirts biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where does one get one of those, their sick.

post #4368 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posam View Post

Where does one get one of those, their sick.


i think the reason i won a free Limited Grado T Shirt was because on Grado's Official Facebook Page(you can only access it from Gradolabs.com>Like Our Facebook Page)

 

and stated that around one particular Month, post something special about your first pair of Grado headphones. adding pictures is optional

and you get automatically joined ONCE into the raffle.

post #4369 of 18146

Just a quick note to say I'm listening to my PS500s - often straight out of my iPod or MacBook - and I honestly can't find anything not to love about them. Considering they were 3x the cost of my next-most-expensive headphones, I was worried that I'd be suffering from buyer's remorse by now, but I'm thrilled with them.

post #4370 of 18146
I find that I am unable to listen to Grado 80i for long, even at low levels, had the same problem with the 325, almost gave up on Grados until PS 500 .What other Grado is more like the ps 500?
Just can not get enough of it then I can try equalizing too

Order of listening enjoyment:
PS500( hours) > ps 1000 ( an hour) >sr 80i(45 minutes)
post #4371 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

I find that I am unable to listen to Grado 80i for long, even at low levels, had the same problem with the 325, almost gave up on Grados until PS 500 .What other Grado is more like the ps 500?
Just can not get enough of it then I can try equalizing too
Order of listening enjoyment:
PS500( hours) > ps 1000 ( an hour) >sr 80i(45 minutes)

As far as I know the PS 500 is unique in tonal balance among the Grado line, except maybe compared to the HF-2.
post #4372 of 18146
Good to know, thanks
post #4373 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

Good to know, thanks

If you are ok with DIY there is the Symphones Magnum Drivers in a Grado frame that can give you similar result for a fraction of the cost. wink.gif
post #4374 of 18146
Will keep my eyes on the FS thread for that. I am afraid my skill level and lack of patient will not work with DIY projects
post #4375 of 18146

I thinking to get PS500 or RS1. I like Grado sound so probably can't go wrong with RS1i and PS500 it is a little bit dark horse for me. Mine Sr225i paired vs Little dot I+ amp sounds pretty nice . I have GS1000 and they are unlistenable for me when paired vs little dot. Thinking to sell GS1000 and get PS500 or RS1 . Or maybe better option (but more expensive) to sell Little dot and 225i and get good amp for GS1000?  Help anyone?:)

post #4376 of 18146
IMO the GS-1000 (like the rest of the Grado models I've heard) aren't really that picky about amping - so it's far more likely that you simply dislike the GS-1000 presentation. What exactly makes them unlistenable for you?
post #4377 of 18146

I can confirm they are really picky. There are many treads about gs1000 being picky and very dependable on right amping. They having more stage and not that aggressive as the lower Grado line.  I can confirm driving them from little dot it is not a good  idea as overall sound is muddy (except the highs) mids lacking, bass reasonable good, but not as good as my Sr225i  . But I can feel there is no enough juice from little dot to drive GS1000 as even volume level on GS much lower than when replugging  little dot with 225 . But I can feel hidden potential of GS1000 as highs are endless on these even with my budget amp and the rest is there just needs unleash it with some right amp. I heard good things about pairing them with Woo audio, mapletree, zana deux, earmax pro decent amps, but these are not for my pocket at the moment that is because I looking to sell gs1000 as it is very hard to find mid range priced amp to drive them. If any one know best amp for the bucks,to drive gs1000 please let me know:)


Edited by eris - 9/2/12 at 3:30pm
post #4378 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matro5 View Post

Just a quick note to say I'm listening to my PS500s - often straight out of my iPod or MacBook - and I honestly can't find anything not to love about them. Considering they were 3x the cost of my next-most-expensive headphones, I was worried that I'd be suffering from buyer's remorse by now, but I'm thrilled with them.

 

They're fantastic headphones :)

post #4379 of 18146
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris View Post

I can confirm they are really picky. There are many treads about gs1000 being picky and very dependable on right amping. They having more stage and not that aggressive as the lower Grado line.  I can confirm driving them from little dot it is not a good  idea as overall sound is muddy (except the highs) mids lacking, bass reasonable good, but not as good as my Sr225i  . But I can feel there is no enough juice from little dot to drive GS1000 as even volume level on GS much lower than when replugging  little dot with 225 . But I can feel hidden potential of GS1000 as highs are endless on these even with my budget amp and the rest is there just needs unleash it with some right amp. I heard good things about pairing them with Woo audio, mapletree, zana deux, earmax pro decent amps, but these are not for my pocket at the moment that is because I looking to sell gs1000 as it is very hard to find mid range priced amp to drive them. If any one know best amp for the bucks,to drive gs1000 please let me know:)

This was mostly undecipherable for me (too many audiophile buzzwords thrown out randomly and it's one long sentence), if anyone else had luck - please post your results. But the bits that I did get: you basically disagree with the advice you were given and would like to spend more money. Grado would suggest the RA-1. The Maple Tree EAR HD+ is the other favorite. Or a Melos. All will cost more money. redface.gif
post #4380 of 18146

had my sr60's for 4 years, and wont give them up for anything....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!