Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 1627

post #24391 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


pretty close to the 325e
the treble is a little less extended maybe , the bass not quite as tight
and that's really just kinda guessing
i wounwouldn't have a problem at all recommending the 225e to someone who didn't want to spend the extra $100 on the 325e

 

I'm glad they sound as good as they look.  :beerchug:

post #24392 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

I'm glad they sound as good as they look.  beerchug.gif
me too ! Lol
you did pretty good yourself with the 325e
post #24393 of 24403
ooops. Sorry,folks
Edited by wormsdriver - Yesterday at 7:12 pm
post #24394 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I really like these cups…I always liked the old cylinder style cups, which these remind me of.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

interesting story about these, they started out as the Jaben Red Aluminum Grado cups. The previous owner grinded them down to their current state. He did a fantastic job on them! 

post #24395 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


pretty close to the 325e
the treble is a little less extended maybe , the bass not quite as tight
and that's really just kinda guessing
i wounwouldn't have a problem at all recommending the 225e to someone who didn't want to spend the extra $100 on the 325e

Sometimes I think I like my 225's better than the 325, but that is only on certain tracks/albums. Overall though the 325 pulls ahead and never looks back.

post #24396 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

interesting story about these, they started out as the Jaben Red Aluminum Grado cups. The previous owner grinded them down to their current state. He did a fantastic job on them! 

Just took a look at the Jaben cups…real nice, but I still like the solid stealth look of yours ground down.

post #24397 of 24403

Ummm, I have a question for the excellent Grado fans here, has anyone tried modding the fixed cable on a GS1k to detachable ones? I have the GS1ki and the idea of having detachable cables is quite appealing....

post #24398 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

interesting story about these, they started out as the Jaben Red Aluminum Grado cups. The previous owner grinded them down to their current state. He did a fantastic job on them! 

Just took a look at the Jaben cups…real nice, but I still like the solid stealth look of yours ground down.

man, I had always wanted a pair of cups like that. Ever since I first saw the Ps1. I also got a pair of aluminum sleeves to hold the driver, but I think I'm gonna reach out to somebody to make me a pair of wooden sleeves and try 'em out. 

post #24399 of 24403

something you don't hear very often ,poor audio great music 

 

 

 

a peek into the past


Edited by jaywillin - Today at 3:32 am
post #24400 of 24403

There could be some 225i for sale here before long....good price for members on this thread.....they are nice all lettering intact...always kept on headphone stand.

 

 

Y spitter is pefect....not even any kinks in the cable, pretty anal about that stuff, so I try not to let the cups twist.   :smile:

 

 

Oh, and these beauties arrived today!  :D

 

 

post #24401 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

There could be some 225i for sale here before long....good price for members on this thread.....they are nice all lettering intact...always kept on headphone stand.

 

 

Y spitter is pefect....not even any kinks in the cable, pretty anal about that stuff, so I try not to let the cups twist.   :smile:

 

 

Oh, and these beauties arrived today!  :D

 

 

you need an "e" cool breeze !

post #24402 of 24403

I've been listening to the SR325e all day.  Wow...those e drivers are such an improvement on an already incredible line of headphones.  The 325s don't miss a beat after switching back and forth with the HD800 (well, the soundstage does shrink quite a bit).  

 

I can just imagine what the RS2e must sound like. :eek: 

post #24403 of 24403
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

I've been listening to the SR325e all day.  Wow...those e drivers are such an improvement on an already incredible line of headphones.  The 325s don't miss a beat after switching back and forth with the HD800 (well, the soundstage does shrink quite a bit).  

 

I can just imagine what the RS2e must sound like. :eek: 

 

I haven't heard neither of them, but from what I've read, they're the two most appreciated models in the e serie.

 

I realise that for the same money, (maybe less), I could've bought a pair of new RS2e, but decided to go with my first love, wich is a pair of n.o.s. RS1. The last time I'd heard this model was 20 years ago, and even if I have since bought some good sounding headphones, (GS/PS/HP1000), the RS1 still managed to impress me after all these years.

 

Having the opportunity to buy a pair of headphones that are brand new, even though they've been out of production for 7 years, is a bit like dating with your first girlfriend, with her looking exactly like she did back then. ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!