- 228 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 1288
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can't wait myself. I will be receiving them tomorrow.
Where are you located that there is a delay?
I totally agree with the assessment of the GS1Ke's, although I went a different direction. I would also take the 560 over the Grado's. But I'm also thinking of saving up to join the Stax mafia....
Yeah, I saw that one coming! Actually, I can't wait to read whether other Grado fans find the 400i's as pleasing as I do.
Was only joking, but you did make me very curious when I read your post, and then when I saw them and I figured I'll give them a shot, plus its something other than a dynamic HP.
Seems like Grado fans are giving Hifiman some love. At CAF, I thought the HE400i and 560 and the LCD-2 (fazor) were all pretty sweet. I'd say on the Hifiman front, that the 400i was more fun and the 560 more accurate and refined. If I just wanted something for rock/metal, the 400i is a great choice. But, with a RS1, that is already excellent in the rock/metal department, I was leaning to something that would be more of a contrast for other genres-electronic, pop, jazz, classical. Who the hell knows. I would need more listening time, anyway.
Edited by markm1 - Today at 7:11 pm
Well after going back and forth between the HE-560 and the GS1000e, the clear winner for me & my amp/dac & ears is the GS1000e. Although the GS don’t do everything perfectly (not sure any headphone does) it comes awfully close. The highs are airy, smooth & extended. The all important mids are “just right” for me. Not too forward, not too laid back, very enjoyable. Vocals, strings, horns, snare drum, tom-toms, guitar sound “right”. Instrument timbre is as close to perfect as I’ve heard. As Swspiers pointed out in his review of the new e GS, listening at moderate listing levels offers a nearly perfect level of detail and perspective into the music. Bass is ripe, taught & extended. The GS will not go down to sub-woofer levels but is very satisfying and punchy and in no way light with my Vortuge Pure II. Sound stage is more expansive & immersive than any headphone I’ve heard to date (including the PS-1000e). The ultimate headphone demonstration disc completely illustrates this. To hear the level of detail and clarity on other headphones I compared I need to boast the volume by 30% or so.
I’m returning the HE-560 but would like to hear the PS-1000i as a comparison. I could possibly justify both if I like the PS on at least 30% of my recording and for the right price.
May I ask if you find the GS1000e has less overall (including bass) less distortion comparing to the HE-560? How do you find the GS1000e handle complex (i.e. many instrument playing together) music?
I recently acquired a SR325e for office listening. I like the SR325e and is now seriously considering to get a GS1000e for home listening. Thanks!
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 seconds ago
- › IC: Joseph Grado HP1000 (HP-2) 99% Lettering 15 seconds ago
- › upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300 1 minute ago
- › Geek Out 100 Red very little use 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Did I just spend $230 on a pair of fake sennheiser ie80? 1 minute ago
- › Cant decide on headphones 1 minute ago
- › Grado HP 1000 - To clean or not to clean? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)