Ok, I'm pumped. Tomorrow I get to order my new 225is, and as long as Amazon Prime continues to work its magic, I should have them by the Friday or Saturday at the latest!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 7/20/13 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grados Questions Last post on 12/20/12 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
- Grado Modification Overview
Grado Fan Club! - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Given that you have been 'jumping around the house' since the 25th January, I think you might have peaked a little too soon. You'll be unconscious when they finally knock on your door with the Grados !
Congratulations Viking. I hope they match your expectations.
As do I. I just placed the order and payed only $3.99 on one day shipping, but because of the time of day I should get them on Thursday instead of tomorrow. I will post my initial impressions when I get a chance to listen to them.
You make MS1000 distancers right? I'd just get some sr60is and woodie them yourself. I'm sure you must've seen the sr60i mod thread.
People who have had or have the 225i, if you bought yours new, how long was the burn in? I am a believer in burn in. but I think its a combination of the headphones actually changing oh so slightly and the way your brain adjusts to the sound signature.
I would seriously think that decision over - you really need to hear the 325is with something like a Joe Satriani guitar solo before making a decision like that. Something where Joe, or John Petrucci, is trying to wring as many high notes as he can find out of that guitar. I can live with the 325's idiosyncrasies, but many simply cant - not something to lauch yourself into without a lengthy audition.
the two mods are independent of eachother, people just tend to do both at the same time because of the "well, while i'm in here I might as well" train of thought.
Venting the drivers will increase the bass. the more you vent, the more bass you get. I found joy at 2 vents, others 4, some go for all 10, I'd start with 2-4 and go from there if you want more. dampening the cups however is a different mod entirely. by dampening the cups, you are helping prevent wave reflections from bouncing out the back of the driver, and back into your ears. this helps reduce silibance (or is it sibilance... Its kind of late here, I'm procrastinating a paper I need to do and drinking redbull...I think its sibilance. I don't know...anywayyyyy) in the sound signature. sibilance (yeah, i'll go with that spelling bob, and thats my final answer) is what makes your brain kind of hurt in the temples after a while. I didn't find this mod necessary, but some find it very helpful, it depends on your ears and your preferences.
Yum, those aluminum cups with bowl pads look awesome.. hmmm...I wonder if a vented and modded SR325i with bowls could do dubstep and trance well... thats a tantilizing thought. or maybe an SR60 with bowl pads, custom aluminum cups, and 10 vent holes. the 10 vent holes would balance out the bass-absorbing g-cush pads. with a black J$ headband they would be gorgeous... hmm... Grado sound with bass, and thump... this sounds like a great idea...
I need to put a neutrik plug on my sr60 first though, I keep accidentally puting pressure on the straight jack and if I keep it up i'll break my headphone out.
Actually, I'm impressed with how well my woodied SR60's do electronica. They sound better than anything I've heard (thats not much at all), and I prefer them to the v6 which I don't find fun at all, even if it has more bass than the grado... Now, listening to the Seether live album on the grado's today was amazing. Even though today was a downer, and the songs were sad, the realism of it all, the airyness, the attack of his voice, the resonance of the individual strings of the guitar reverberating through my (cheaply and poorly crafted) oak shells was wow.
I don't know why I'm typing this, I really don't...
Does anyone have a Neutrik right angle plug they'd ship via envelope? I can't justify buying a $3 connector and paying $5 shipping. PM me.... anyway. I'm getting WAY off topic, and should probably get back to work. So, Hasta la musica and Bien Viaje! Or something like that.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 4 seconds ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 49 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)