Ok, I'm pumped. Tomorrow I get to order my new 225is, and as long as Amazon Prime continues to work its magic, I should have them by the Friday or Saturday at the latest!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Given that you have been 'jumping around the house' since the 25th January, I think you might have peaked a little too soon. You'll be unconscious when they finally knock on your door with the Grados !
Congratulations Viking. I hope they match your expectations.
As do I. I just placed the order and payed only $3.99 on one day shipping, but because of the time of day I should get them on Thursday instead of tomorrow. I will post my initial impressions when I get a chance to listen to them.
You make MS1000 distancers right? I'd just get some sr60is and woodie them yourself. I'm sure you must've seen the sr60i mod thread.
People who have had or have the 225i, if you bought yours new, how long was the burn in? I am a believer in burn in. but I think its a combination of the headphones actually changing oh so slightly and the way your brain adjusts to the sound signature.
I would seriously think that decision over - you really need to hear the 325is with something like a Joe Satriani guitar solo before making a decision like that. Something where Joe, or John Petrucci, is trying to wring as many high notes as he can find out of that guitar. I can live with the 325's idiosyncrasies, but many simply cant - not something to lauch yourself into without a lengthy audition.
the two mods are independent of eachother, people just tend to do both at the same time because of the "well, while i'm in here I might as well" train of thought.
Venting the drivers will increase the bass. the more you vent, the more bass you get. I found joy at 2 vents, others 4, some go for all 10, I'd start with 2-4 and go from there if you want more. dampening the cups however is a different mod entirely. by dampening the cups, you are helping prevent wave reflections from bouncing out the back of the driver, and back into your ears. this helps reduce silibance (or is it sibilance... Its kind of late here, I'm procrastinating a paper I need to do and drinking redbull...I think its sibilance. I don't know...anywayyyyy) in the sound signature. sibilance (yeah, i'll go with that spelling bob, and thats my final answer) is what makes your brain kind of hurt in the temples after a while. I didn't find this mod necessary, but some find it very helpful, it depends on your ears and your preferences.
Yum, those aluminum cups with bowl pads look awesome.. hmmm...I wonder if a vented and modded SR325i with bowls could do dubstep and trance well... thats a tantilizing thought. or maybe an SR60 with bowl pads, custom aluminum cups, and 10 vent holes. the 10 vent holes would balance out the bass-absorbing g-cush pads. with a black J$ headband they would be gorgeous... hmm... Grado sound with bass, and thump... this sounds like a great idea...
I need to put a neutrik plug on my sr60 first though, I keep accidentally puting pressure on the straight jack and if I keep it up i'll break my headphone out.
Actually, I'm impressed with how well my woodied SR60's do electronica. They sound better than anything I've heard (thats not much at all), and I prefer them to the v6 which I don't find fun at all, even if it has more bass than the grado... Now, listening to the Seether live album on the grado's today was amazing. Even though today was a downer, and the songs were sad, the realism of it all, the airyness, the attack of his voice, the resonance of the individual strings of the guitar reverberating through my (cheaply and poorly crafted) oak shells was wow.
I don't know why I'm typing this, I really don't...
Does anyone have a Neutrik right angle plug they'd ship via envelope? I can't justify buying a $3 connector and paying $5 shipping. PM me.... anyway. I'm getting WAY off topic, and should probably get back to work. So, Hasta la musica and Bien Viaje! Or something like that.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 19 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 57 seconds ago
- › question on balanced headphones 1 minute ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Best In ear bass headphones ????? 2 minutes ago
- › Exploring Portable amp/dac combos 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impression and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2