or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 1161

post #17401 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi30 View Post

You sould try audeze...its like yin and yang... grado and audeze two best house sounds..!!!!

In time I would like to try more headphones, so maybe they'll be next.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

Hey congrats Joseph.

 

Mine were already burn in when I got them.....my senn hd650 took a couple hundred hours......lol

 

Check the HD800 thread....someone there will be able to help.

Thanks Whirlwind.

I was just curious to as how long they might take, thanks for the reply.  :beerchug:

post #17402 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMaestro View Post
 

 

Right on!! Both max pleasure. Surprised you don't list a Burson on your profile...they probably cost a dime a dozen down under? :beyersmile:

Actually they are about the same here as the us. Our Grado is overpriced, $1099 for RS1e, 2199 for PS1000e and 325s are $449, SR80s are $180. Some other cans are priced LCDXC $2395, LCD2 $1550, HD650 $600. 


Edited by HarleyZH - 7/31/14 at 6:14am
post #17403 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyZH View Post
 

Actually they are about the same here as the us. Our Grado is overpriced, $1099 for RS1e, 2199 for PS1000e and 325s are $449, SR80s are $180. Some other cans are priced LCDXC $2395, LCD2 $1550, HD650 $600. 


OUCH!! That's bad. How do you guys survive?! Still you should see prices in Europe. Worst of the lot after the exchange rate. I can't complain here in Hockey-land. Retails: $139 80i; $749 RS1i; $995 GS1000i; $649 PS500, all CAD. LCD-2 was $995 CAD, HD650 $499.

 

It's only money...a renewable resource for us worker bees....

post #17404 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyZH View Post
 

Actually they are about the same here as the us. Our Grado is overpriced, $1099 for RS1e, 2199 for PS1000e and 325s are $449, SR80s are $180. Some other cans are priced LCDXC $2395, LCD2 $1550, HD650 $600. 


Hey HarleyZH, if you ever sell your Bushmills, please PM me, I want a pair.

Thanks.

post #17405 of 27032

Sooo, i managed to get my mittens on a used pair of GS1000i (Mint!) for around 670 USD.

 

Problem now is that i need an amp to power it.

 

I'm currently using my IFI Micro IDSD and although it sounds sweet i know it will scale with a better amp.

 

I have a Teac UD501 so i guess my source is settled as well.

 

My budget is around a 1000 i guess? tube/ SS - as long as it pairs nicely it doesnt matter.

 

(Listening to the GS1000i and it sounds nothing like the RS1 (vintage) that i had - a lot more spacious but perhaps a tad less meaty)

post #17406 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post

Sooo, i managed to get my mittens on a used pair of GS1000i (Mint!) for around 670 USD.

Problem now is that i need an amp to power it.

I'm currently using my IFI Micro IDSD and although it sounds sweet i know it will scale with a better amp.

I have a Teac UD501 so i guess my source is settled as well.

My budget is around a 1000 i guess? tube/ SS - as long as it pairs nicely it doesnt matter.

(Listening to the GS1000i and it sounds nothing like the RS1 (vintage) that i had - a lot more spacious but perhaps a tad less meaty)

To be fair, it doesn't "need" an amp as it's not very power hungry. That being said, I've never heard a better amp than the MAD Ear+ for Grados!
post #17407 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
 

Sooo, i managed to get my mittens on a used pair of GS1000i (Mint!) for around 670 USD.

 

Problem now is that i need an amp to power it.

 

I'm currently using my IFI Micro IDSD and although it sounds sweet i know it will scale with a better amp.

 

I have a Teac UD501 so i guess my source is settled as well.

 

My budget is around a 1000 i guess? tube/ SS - as long as it pairs nicely it doesnt matter.

 

(Listening to the GS1000i and it sounds nothing like the RS1 (vintage) that i had - a lot more spacious but perhaps a tad less meaty)

Congratulations, thats a steal!!!

Enjoy!

post #17408 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
 

Sooo, i managed to get my mittens on a used pair of GS1000i (Mint!) for around 670 USD.

 

Problem now is that i need an amp to power it.

 

I'm currently using my IFI Micro IDSD and although it sounds sweet i know it will scale with a better amp.

 

I have a Teac UD501 so i guess my source is settled as well.

 

My budget is around a 1000 i guess? tube/ SS - as long as it pairs nicely it doesnt matter.

 

(Listening to the GS1000i and it sounds nothing like the RS1 (vintage) that i had - a lot more spacious but perhaps a tad less meaty)


The GS1000 have similar power requirements as the PS1000 (which are both a bit higher than the RS1 and SR series). I can vouch for the Mad EAR+ sounding awesome with the PS1000. but it's true they don't require a ton of power. they really just need something to control (or, depending on amp, "soften") the highs before they get a chance to sound screechy and (depending on your preference), maybe add a touch of warmth in the mids.

 

I've also found that something small like the RSA shadow does a good job with the PS1000. smooth, not shouty, good soundstage.

post #17409 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post


The GS1000 have similar power requirements as the PS1000 (which are both a bit higher than the RS1 and SR series). I can vouch for the Mad EAR+ sounding awesome with the PS1000. but it's true they don't require a ton of power. they really just need something to control (or, depending on amp, "soften") the highs before they get a chance to sound screechy and (depending on your preference), maybe add a touch of warmth in the mids.

I've also found that something small like the RSA shadow does a good job with the PS1000. smooth, not shouty, good soundstage.

What about the Schiit Vali? I know it's not much, but it should beat my current "setup"
post #17410 of 27032
The vali might be good. I used it with the sennheiser hd800 for a month and thought it matched well with that but never tried it with a grado. Not sure if it'll have the same magic with the gs1000 as it had with the hd800.

The vali may not cost much but it sounds excellent. Might be all you need for a long time.

I have to also point out that the magni for 99 is an option too if you're looking for something that should be more neutral and linear with the low impedance grados.

I'm a fan of schiit gear so I don't think you can really go wrong with them. On a selfish note, I'd like to read impressions of the new Valhalla 2 with grados. They reworked it to be a better match with low impedance phones. So, yeah, get one of those and get back to us wink.gif
post #17411 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post

The vali might be good. I used it with the sennheiser hd800 for a month and thought it matched well with that but never tried it with a grado. Not sure if it'll have the same magic with the gs1000 as it had with the hd800.

The vali may not cost much but it sounds excellent. Might be all you need for a long time.

I have to also point out that the magni for 99 is an option too if you're looking for something that should be more neutral and linear with the low impedance grados.

I'm a fan of schiit gear so I don't think you can really go wrong with them. On a selfish note, I'd like to read impressions of the new Valhalla 2 with grados. They reworked it to be a better match with low impedance phones. So, yeah, get one of those and get back to us wink.gif

I'll mostly be using the vali with my PS1000 and GR10. If you sponsor me for about €200, i'll get the valhalla 2, no problem wink.gif

Also: if i wanted "neutral" i wouldn't have chosen Grado, now would i? :P
post #17412 of 27032
Be careful with the gr10 and the vali. You may hear hiss that you wouldn't hear out of a solid state amp. But aside from that potential risk, hey, go nuts. The vali is a pretty low risk purchase. It sounds good, is affordable and schiit has a decent return policy if you dislike it.
post #17413 of 27032
Stacker: there's nothing to apologize or even explain, sound is a very personal thing and I think my sr60i sound a lot better than many headphones out there. Is my judgement impaired? Maybe but that doesn't change anything
post #17414 of 27032

Just received my pair of SR125i's (used) got them for a great price, oh and... It came with a 15 foot Grado extension cord!!! Woowoo!

post #17415 of 27032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving[MAX]Sound View Post
 

Just received my pair of SR125i's (used) got them for a great price, oh and... It came with a 15 foot Grado extension cord!!! Woowoo!


cool, enjoy. i's are fabulous. with a tubed amp, will be even greater. but not really mandatory.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!