Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 1061

post #15901 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post



I thank you both. Geez that was quick.

 

I always liked their products, especially the gimbals, but their prices are just to steep for me.

post #15902 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


I wish! My gf is one of those Animal Planet - Free Willy types. If there was one of those Central American big as a dinner plate spiders strolling through the living room she'd say "Don't kill it, it's one of Gods creatures". I live in a world of dichotomy and temporary insanity.

 

The struggle is real!

post #15903 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 


225i is going thru an audition  right now   :smile:


The 225i is a damn good can! And, use-sheeoooot! I think even new one of the best $200 values out there. I am finding for nuanced jazz the RS1i is preferable, but for a straight up kick arse rock can....the 225i is the bomb.

 

A lot of folks will say Grados aren't the best with electronic music.

 

This electronic album sounds killer on my  Grados:

 

 

It's Darkside's Psychic (2013)  and really combines EDM beats, ambient, space rock and Pink Floyd sounds....some really nice blues licks. Hey you gotta have hutzpah to name your band after one of the most beloved classic rock albums of all time. An easy album for rock fans to get into.

 

Pitchfork gave it a 9 on their review last year:

 

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18586-darkside-psychic/

 

One of my favorite newer albums to chill with...and it sounds great.


Edited by markm1 - 6/15/14 at 6:35am
post #15904 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmsky View Post

Waiting for ps500e available in Jakarta, and I'm ready for upgrade..

Congrats

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

 

You might be talking about Martin Custom Audio: http://www.martincustomaudio.com/

These guys are really good.....watch your wallet  :p

 

 

Well it looks like the SR60i with the L cushion is going to go to the beach instead of the 225i

 

the smaller jack and the lighter cord...win out.

 

They sound  really nice with the l cushion....and I have my sansa zip clip loaded with like 40gb of classic rock....so all will be good  :D

 

post #15905 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


they are awesome, but if i'm going to keep the ps1k's, i gotta sell something !


I'm not going to ask, but if you wanted to tell me what you were selling them for, I guess I couldn't stop you:wink:

post #15906 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post

I always liked their products, especially the gimbals, but their prices are just to steep for me.
The upgrades are very pretty. I'll watch my wallet closely sir.
post #15907 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

 

A lossless rip of a CD is exactly the same as the CD itself. If you go digital out from your computer to your CD player (if it has a digital input? Most do), then there will be no difference.


Yeah-I've heard that before. I haven't invested in a computer based rig. Since I've got Sonos-I just have everything stored on a NAS and stream it thru Sonos-and there is some diminishment in quality as it's streamed. Since I've got a stereo-I'd just rather pop in a CD or stream via Sonos on their wireless Sonos speakers throughout the house for "house music" that is enjoyable but not audiophile quality. When I'm in the kitchen or messing around the house, I don't care about audiophile quality sound. I want "good sound" but my priority is access to my digital files and user ease convenience.

 

 I can also listen to Sonos through my dedicated main speaker rig. But, when I want that more audiophile dedicated listening, I'd have to throw down with a multi K DAC probably to get it to sound as good as a nice CDP through my speaker rig. That said, a well recorded CD in lossless through my Sonos listening to speakers or my RS1i sounds really quite good. Just not quite as good as CD. And, if it's a good recording, I would only know the difference if I A-B listened.


Edited by markm1 - 6/15/14 at 6:45am
post #15908 of 20425

Maybe my son will bring me a pair of LCD3 for fathers day....oh wait a minute, I am awake now...well maybe some GS1000i's...I think I need to go back to sleep.

post #15909 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcans View Post


The upgrades are very pretty. I'll watch my wallet closely sir.
 

Yes, you have no idea how many times I came close to pulling the trigger on a set of gimbals/rodblocks + headband... only to realize I could buy a used SR325 for less money :D 

post #15910 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Yeah-I've heard that before. I haven't invested in a computer based rig. Since I've got Sonos-I just have everything stored on a NAS and stream it thru Sonos-and there is some diminishment in quality as it's streamed. Since I've got a stereo-I'd just rather pop in a CD or stream via Sonos on their wireless Sonos speakers throughout the house for "house music" that is enjoyable but not audiophile quality. When I'm in the kitchen or messing around the house, I don't care about audiophile quality sound. I want "good sound" but my priority is access to my digital files and user ease convenience.

 

 I can also listen to Sonos through my dedicated main speaker rig. But, when I want that more audiophile dedicated listening, I'd have to throw down with a multi K DAC probably to get it to sound as good as a nice CDP through my speaker rig. That said, a well recorded CD in lossless through my Sonos listening to speakers or my RS1i sounds really quite good. Just not quite as good as CD. And, if it's a good recording, I would only know the difference if I A-B listened.

 

If you want my opinion, you don't need to spend that much on a DAC to get absolutely great audio quality from your computer. Go with a single ended Audio-GD USB DAC in the 500-700USD price range and you will already have a really great sounding computer based setup.

 

Alternatively, you can buy a USB/SPDIF converter (one of the cheaper one works just fine), and a digital coaxial cable so you can hook the converter via USB to your computer, and your Rotel amp to the converter via coaxial cable (I'm sure it has a digital input). It'll cost you barely over a hundred bucks and you will get the same quality you have now from playing CDs from your CD player hooked up to the Rotel.


Edited by elmoe - 6/15/14 at 6:52am
post #15911 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


they are awesome, but if i'm going to keep the ps1k's, i gotta sell something !


Sell the 80i's...

post #15912 of 20425

Yo, it's O.K. if some people don't like computer audio.  Really it is.:deadhorse: 

post #15913 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

 

If you want my opinion, you don't need to spend that much on a DAC to get absolutely great audio quality from your computer. Go with a single ended Audio-GD USB DAC in the 500-700USD price range and you will already have a really great sounding computer based setup.

 

Alternatively, you can buy a USB/SPDIF converter (one of the cheaper one works just fine), and a digital coaxial cable so you can hook the converter via USB to your computer, and your Rotel amp to the converter via coaxial cable (I'm sure it has a digital input). It'll cost you barely over a hundred bucks and you will get the same quality you have now from playing CDs from your CD player hooked up to the Rotel.


Thanks. Those are great ideas. I'm going to save this post.

post #15914 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

Yo, it's O.K. if some people don't like computer audio.  Really it is.:deadhorse: 

 

Sure, but he seemed interested, and I aim to please. ;)

post #15915 of 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


I'm not going to ask, but if you wanted to tell me what you were selling them for, I guess I couldn't stop you:wink:


there's a posting on the b/s/t forum, i'm sure i'd do you a better than advertised price

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!