Don't forget Heat vs. Spurs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 1/3/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- productGrado iGrado Blacktagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by Mad Max, 8/13/13More
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by cristina, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- How bright are Grados? Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- The oft-overshadowed SR125i - My Favorite Prestige Series Model. What's your favorite? Last post on Yesterday at 12:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation for a newbie. Last post on 2/25/15 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbies first (and second) Proper Headphone Demo Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
Grado Fan Club! - Page 1061
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Prolly. Depends on who shows up.
I'm computer based only, other than an iPod when I'm travelling or hanging about outside. In the car it's Sirius radio for me. I really don't feel my modi, or even my STX sound card or one of my integrated amp choices, is holding me back from great sound DAC wise. All that's needed is a tube amp, hopefully this year! I'd actually love to get two tube setups, for the headphones and for the hi-fi. Basically saying I think the DAC is far less important than most of the rest of the chain
With around 15,000 albums on tap, and a smallish house, digital is the only sensible choice for me, but I have to admit I'd love to have all my cd's back and build a listening room with wall storage, it would look cool and be a great place to hang out. I have kept most of my vinyl but I have less than 100 or so and they've all been needle dropped for actual listening.
Your collection smokes mine! Interesting re-your DAC comments. I felt our old computer was getting bogged down w/ all my music and wife not happy. So-I thought if I could just throw it all on a NAS, keep the PC out of the picture and that would be a way to go. But, I can't access it on my PC-just my Sonos. Or maybe I can, but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out. No-actually was told my Synology it's basically storage.
I always buy used Cd's from eBay and import to ALAC in my MBP's library.
Most of the used Cd's I get for around $5.00 shipped, are in great condition, even to my surprise, sometimes brand new!
...depends how much I like the album...and I am a sucker for old jazz...any jazz on vinyl and I am there...especially those great old Blue Note, Prestige, Riverside and Impulse pressings...
Speaking of Joe Walsh there is a you tube of Joe and James Taylor at a crossroads festival that is just over the top.Oh it's Steam roller babe. This tablet won't let me send the you tube over. Or I'm just to senile to figure it out. My better half works nites and sleeps where the computer is. Just catching up Jay that PinkTop concert was soooo good. The percussions were as tight as my grados. Joe B. Just blew my mind, I took my eyes off for a second and I could have sworn Carlos Santana was playing, then Ray Vaugh, then Hendrix then any one of the kings Freddie Albert BB and even a touch of Eric with a twist of Duane allman. No doubt Joe B just keeps getting better and better.
Yeah, Joe B. just keeps turning it up a notch and keeps getting better and better as he is always working on his craft.
- Grado Fan Club!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 25 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ars Technica Tests "Audiophile Ethernet Cable" in Las Vegas 8 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 11 minutes ago
- › The Chord Hugo TT is announced. 12 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3